|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Entry 6: July 3, 1830.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Rutherford observes the condition of the slaves, what does he decide about Captain Falcon?
(a) He decides the captain is mean.
(b) He decides the captain needs to be treated like he is treating the slaves.
(c) He decides the captain needs to die.
(d) He decides the captain is evil.
2. In what way, according to Rutherford, do the Allmuseri greet visitors to their village that is often misunderstood?
(a) By throwing water on them.
(b) By throwing dirt on them.
(c) By spitting at their faces.
(d) By spitting at their feet.
3. What does Rutherford say New Orleans women always smell like?
4. The sailor that Rutherford meets in Entry 1 is taking the position of ____________ aboard Captain Falcon's ship.
(c) First Mate.
5. During the storm encountered by the Republic, who is among those swept out to sea?
(a) Baleka's mother.
(c) Baleka's aunt.
(d) Baleka's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rutherford, what are Falcon's legs shorter than?
2. What is the only thing that Falcon is concerned with?
3. In the Allmuseri language, what part of speech is used instead of nouns?
4. What does Rutherford notice about the slaves when they come up from the hold?
5. What is the main thing that Rutherford notices about the Republic?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)