|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Entry 6: July 3, 1830.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did freedman Rutherford Calhoun work when he was a slave?
(a) In the cotton fields.
(b) As a house slave.
(c) In the corn fields.
(d) In the gardens.
2. What activates the safety on the pistol that Falcon gives Rutherford?
(a) The pistol has no safety.
(b) A button just above the trigger.
(c) A magnetized earring.
(d) A magnetized ring.
3. What does Rutherford say New Orleans women always smell like?
4. What does Rutherford notice about the slaves when they come up from the hold?
(a) They don't have any clothes.
(b) Their feet are dirty.
(c) They have lice and rat bites.
(d) They smell of vomit and feces.
5. When the mate named Fletcher comes into the meeting room, what news does he have for the mutineers?
(a) The captain's men have caught wind of the mutiny and have begun killing the crew.
(b) The slaves have escaped and are revolting.
(c) Everything is in place and the mutiny can start whenever the men are ready.
(d) The captain's men have caught wind of the mutiny and have abandoned ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reverend Chandler dispose of his estate?
2. How much water do the Allmuseri have in the hold where they are they are kept?
3. What is the name of the Spanish explorer who is the source of the only recorded description of the tribes people the crew will be picking up?
4. When Rutherford sees the Allmuseri, what tribe does he describe them as taller than?
5. What effect does Rutherford say the written form of the Allmuseri language has on him?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)