|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Entry 3: June 23, 1830.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sailor that Rutherford meets in Entry 1 is taking the position of ____________ aboard Captain Falcon's ship.
(a) First Mate.
2. About whom does Rutherford want to learn more?
(a) Tommy, the cabin boy.
(c) Captain Falcon.
3. How much does Mr. Zeringue tell Rutherford he owes him?
(a) Fifty thousand sovereigns.
(b) Fifty thousand francs.
(c) Fifty thousand dollars.
(d) Fifty thousand pounds.
4. When he arrives in New Orleans, where does Rutherford try, but fail, to find work?
(a) Restaurants and the shipyard..
(b) Salons and negro bars.
(c) Negro bars.
5. What is the name of the black man who brings Rutherford to Mr. Zeringue?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tommy stay for the rest of the voyage to New Orleans?
2. What prophecy of Reverend Chandler about him does Rutherford say comes true in Entry 3?
3. What position does Peter Cringle hold aboard the Republic?
4. After the cargo is brought on board, what does Captain Falcon put Rutherford in charge of?
5. How does Rutherford assume Falcon obtained the souvenirs in his cabin?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)