|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Entry 8: August 1, 1830.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tommy wind up being the first to try to look at the mysterious cargo inside the crate?
(a) He is the youngest crew member.
(b) He loses at a game of dice.
(c) He wins a game of poker.
(d) He draws the shortest straw.
2. After going into the water, on what does Rutherford rely to keep him afloat?
(a) A lifeboat.
(b) Wreckage from the ship.
(c) A lifejacket.
(d) A hammock.
3. When carving a pig, how does Rutherford describe the way Ngonyama handles the knife?
(a) He moves as if he has never seen a knife before.
(b) He moves as if the knife were dull.
(c) He moves as if the knife were razor sharp.
(d) He moves as if the knife were one with his hand.
4. At the beginning of Entry 2, what does Rutherford say wakes him up?
(a) A knife pressed against his stomach.
(b) A pistol pressed against his stomach.
(c) A knife pressed against his neck.
(d) A pistol pressed against his head.
5. Rutherford notices that Cringle's body is covered in:
(b) A rash.
(c) Open sores.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the storm encountered by the Republic, who is among those swept out to sea?
2. Whom does Diamelo threaten to kill for not understanding orders?
3. What effect does Rutherford say the written form of the Allmuseri language has on him?
4. How many years older than Rutherford is his brother Jackson?
5. Isadora's terms leave Rutherford so afraid that he is afflicted for several hours with bouts of _________________.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)