|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Entry 8: August 1, 1830.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Reverend Chandler said how he would dispose of his estate, Jackson had already stated that he would not accept a gift of land or property. What is Rutherford's opinion of his brother's statement?
(a) He calls Jackson an idiot.
(b) He calls Jackson a fool.
(c) He calls Jackson wise.
(d) He suggests Jackson reconsider.
2. What does the crew realize their only hope for survival is?
(a) The land that has been sighted.
(b) The ship that has been sighted nearby.
(d) The Allmuseri god.
3. Where does the explorer now reside?
(a) In a temple in Bangalang.
(b) In an institution for the insane in Havana.
(c) In a plantation in New Orleans.
(d) In a hacienda in Madrid.
4. What, according to Rutherford, is the first duty of the sailors on board the Republic?
(a) Stay out of Squibb's way.
(b) Keep the ship afloat at all costs.
(c) Stay drunk.
(d) Obey the captain.
5. That night, the Allmuseri have a ceremony to ___________ the ship.
(d) Take control of.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutherford notice about the slaves when they come up from the hold?
2. The next time Rutherford talks to Falcon, what does Falcon tell him he plans to do with the Allmuseri once they reach land?
3. How much pay does Falcon offer Rutherford (an offer that Rutherford accepts) to remain part of the crew?
4. The name of the ship on which Rutherford's new acquaintance is sailing is:
5. How does Tommy wind up being the first to try to look at the mysterious cargo inside the crate?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)