|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Entry 8: August 1, 1830.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Reverend Chandler's reaction to Jackson's refusal to accept a gift of land or property?
(a) He calls Jackson a visionary.
(b) He suggests Jackson reconsider.
(c) He calls Jackson wise beyond his years.
(d) He calls Jackson pathetic.
2. After his conversation with Ngonyama, what does Rutherford give him?
(a) A big hug.
(b) A gun and magnetized ring.
(c) A key he had stolen from Falcon's cabin.
(d) Information on the upcoming mutiny plans.
3. When Baleka comes to check on Rutherford, what does she tell him?
(a) It is his turn to clean out the hold.
(b) It is his turn to feed the Allmuseri god.
(c) It is his turn to make dinner.
(d) It is his turn to empty the slop pails in the head.
4. After the cargo is brought on board, what does Captain Falcon put Rutherford in charge of?
(a) Feeding the Allmuseri.
(b) Feeding the sheep.
(c) Feeding the goats.
(d) Guarding the ivory and gold.
5. When Baleka comes to check on Rutherford, what does he notice about how she displays feelings?
(a) She wears them on her sleeve.
(b) She displays them very cautiously.
(c) She never displays them to anyone.
(d) She expresses them very melodramatically.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Mr. Zeringue tell Rutherford he owes him?
2. How does Rutherford describe Nathaniel Meadows?
3. What effect does Rutherford say the written form of the Allmuseri language has on him?
4. How much of Rutherford's blood does Squibb eventually draw?
5. When Rutherford falls while on deck, who comes to help him?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)