|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is genetic modification different from eugenics?
2. What discrete variable does Schelling say parents could select for?
3. Who was the American president who ordered the bomb to be dropped?
4. What does Schelling say is the goal of a binary choice model?
5. What does Schelling say about the results of segregation and integration models?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Which has a bigger effect on society, the choices people can see, or the choices they make that cannot be seen?
Essay Topic 2Write a detailed review of Micromotives and Macrobehavior. What are the book's main themes and preoccupations? What are its methods? How does it achieve its intentions? Where does it fail to?
Essay Topic 3How has Schelling's economic modeling changed in an age of data mining and news aggregators and other digital techniques for gathering and sifting enormous amounts of information? Is it that more people have access to aggregate patterns? Or that new kinds of control are possible now?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)