|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Schelling say are continuous variables?
2. How does Schelling predict nations will behave with regard to nuclear arms control?
3. What model of human behavior does Schelling say arms control follows?
4. What does Schelling say happens when the youngest ten percent of a population moves?
5. What does Schelling say would a density enhancement add to a closed model? Improved distribution modeling. Room for more factors to be included. Relief from certain mathematical constraints.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Schelling mean when he says that systems strive for equilibrium? Use an example of a system that naturally seeks equilibrium--and define that equilibrium--and describe a natural system that does not seek equilibrium. What do the exceptions show about the general tendency?
Essay Topic 2
Choose an event out of a newspaper or magazine, describe the primary model at work in it, and describe the underlying assumptions as well as the externalities and extra factors that are evident in the event.
Essay Topic 3
Tolerance is a desirable quality to identify in an economic model of behavior, but how would you define the value of tolerance in Schelling's models of integration? What would you know it by? What factors would indicate a 'tolerant' neighborhood or society?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)