|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Schelling say about the "closed model"?
2. Why does Schelling say hockey players resist wearing helmets, when they already know they are safer?
3. What second example does Schelling use to demonstrate a closed system with a density enhancement?
4. What does Schelling say are discrete variables?
5. What was the status of nuclear weapons under Kennedy and Johnson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the risks and benefits of using numerical analysis in models of human behavior?
Essay Topic 2
Choose an event out of a newspaper or magazine, describe the primary model at work in it, and describe the underlying assumptions as well as the externalities and extra factors that are evident in the event.
Essay Topic 3
Write a detailed review of Micromotives and Macrobehavior. What are the book's main themes and preoccupations? What are its methods? How does it achieve its intentions? Where does it fail to?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)