|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an unconditional preference?
2. Why does Schelling say hockey players resist wearing helmets, when they already know they are safer?
3. What model of human behavior does Schelling say arms control follows?
4. What does Schelling say about the results of segregation and integration models?
5. What can a closed system with a density enhancement include, in Schelling's analysis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Schelling's models seem to swing back and forth between literary metaphors and statistical methods. Is one predominant? Is one more or less reliable?
Essay Topic 2
Write a detailed review of Micromotives and Macrobehavior. What are the book's main themes and preoccupations? What are its methods? How does it achieve its intentions? Where does it fail to?
Essay Topic 3
What is a positive kind of discrimination, and what tools does a society or a government have for reinforcing positive discrimination?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)