|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What discrete variable does Schelling say parents could select for?
2. How does Schelling predict nations will behave with regard to nuclear arms control?
3. How many possibilities does Schelling say social scientists have to account for when charting binary choice?
4. What is the central issue in the case Schelling presents regarding hockey helmets?
5. What model of human behavior does Schelling say arms control follows?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where are economic models and their concept of equilibrium useful? What kinds of behaviors do they help social scientists to influence? What kinds of behaviors are not accounted for in these mathematical-economic models?
Essay Topic 2
What are the risks and benefits of using numerical analysis in models of human behavior?
Essay Topic 3
Schelling writes that groups tend to gather around a primary distinction, but secondary distinctions still exist beneath the surface. Select a case study from history or from current events and describe the interplay between the dominant identifier and the relationship between sub-identifications within that group.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)