|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Schelling say would be the result of his hypothetical case?
2. What model of human behavior does Schelling say arms control follows?
3. What assumption does Schelling make about people's feelings about nuclear weapons?
4. What does the success of a binary choice model depend on, in Schelling's analysis?
5. What does Schelling say would a density enhancement add to a closed model? Improved distribution modeling. Room for more factors to be included. Relief from certain mathematical constraints.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do Schelling's models of human behavior tell us about human nature? Do they tell us different things about individuals than they tell us about society? Do they delve into psychology, or are they still essentially economic in nature?
Essay Topic 2
What does Schelling mean when he says that systems strive for equilibrium? Use an example of a system that naturally seeks equilibrium--and define that equilibrium--and describe a natural system that does not seek equilibrium. What do the exceptions show about the general tendency?
Essay Topic 3
Schelling's models seem to swing back and forth between literary metaphors and statistical methods. Is one predominant? Is one more or less reliable?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)