|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the successor to the President who dropped the bomb?
2. What model of human behavior does Schelling say arms control follows?
3. What does Schelling say the "open model" represent?
4. What does Schelling say happens when the youngest ten percent of a population moves?
5. What second example does Schelling use to demonstrate a closed system with a density enhancement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Micromotives and Macrobehavior was written in 1981, when race relations in the U.S. were tense in the aftermath of the civil rights movement of the sixties and seventies. While the book responded to the inflammatory situation by analyzing micromotives, the past three decades have seen race relations change in the U.S. What aspects of Schelling's analysis is still relevant in the atmosphere of race relations today, and what factors have caused them to change or evolve?
Essay Topic 2
What do Schelling's models of human behavior tell us about human nature? Do they tell us different things about individuals than they tell us about society? Do they delve into psychology, or are they still essentially economic in nature?
Essay Topic 3
What are the risks and benefits of using numerical analysis in models of human behavior?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)