|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What choice does Schelling say eugenics gave parents?
2. What example does Schelling use to explain the closed system with a density enhancement?
3. What is another trait does Schelling say parents might be able to choose?
4. What aspect of the history of nuclear weapons does Schelling describe?
5. What does Schelling say about arms control?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a detailed review of Micromotives and Macrobehavior. What are the book's main themes and preoccupations? What are its methods? How does it achieve its intentions? Where does it fail to?
Essay Topic 2
Schelling's models seem to swing back and forth between literary metaphors and statistical methods. Is one predominant? Is one more or less reliable?
Essay Topic 3
Can you speak accurately about the character of a people based on any particular model? Or can you only speak accurately about individuals whose motives you know and whose behavior you have discussed with them? Put another way, what are the limits of the kind of knowledge Schelling practices in Micromotives and Macrobehavior?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)