|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Schelling say might be a demographic consequence of parents choosing their children's traits?
2. What is Schelling's tone in his final chapter?
3. What was the status of nuclear weapons under Kennedy and Johnson?
4. Who was the American president who ordered the bomb to be dropped?
5. What does Schelling say can be included in closed models?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a detailed review of Micromotives and Macrobehavior. What are the book's main themes and preoccupations? What are its methods? How does it achieve its intentions? Where does it fail to?
Essay Topic 2
What are the risks and benefits of using numerical analysis in models of human behavior?
Essay Topic 3
Can you speak accurately about the character of a people based on any particular model? Or can you only speak accurately about individuals whose motives you know and whose behavior you have discussed with them? Put another way, what are the limits of the kind of knowledge Schelling practices in Micromotives and Macrobehavior?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)