|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many possibilities does Schelling say social scientists have to account for when charting binary choice?
2. What example does Schelling use to explain the closed system with a density enhancement?
3. How many distinct sperm does Schelling say a man can produce?
4. What vocabulary does Schelling use for "going along with the crowd"?
5. What does Schelling say about mathematical identities?
Essay Topic 1
What are Schelling's values? Where does he stand on the issue of safety, or integration, or segregation or vaccines? Using evidence from the book, describe Schelling's personal views about the issues he raises, and explain the reasoning by which he justifies these personal views.
Essay Topic 2
What do Schelling's models of human behavior tell us about human nature? Do they tell us different things about individuals than they tell us about society? Do they delve into psychology, or are they still essentially economic in nature?
Essay Topic 3
Which models are most convincing in predicting outcomes, and which models are least convincing? Describe a case where a model lines up neatly with phenomena, and another case where a model fails to account for behavior.
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)