|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Schelling say genetic modification would interfere with?
2. How does Schelling say family size would be affected by his hypothetical case?
3. What is an example of a prediction which Schelling says closed system modeling cannot make?
4. What does Schelling say is the goal of a binary choice model?
5. Under what condition would the population not be constrained by a mathematical identity after the youngest ten percent of a population moved away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a detailed review of Micromotives and Macrobehavior. What are the book's main themes and preoccupations? What are its methods? How does it achieve its intentions? Where does it fail to?
Essay Topic 2
Schelling's models seem to swing back and forth between literary metaphors and statistical methods. Is one predominant? Is one more or less reliable?
Essay Topic 3
Which has a bigger effect on society, the choices people can see, or the choices they make that cannot be seen?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)