|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what war did Truman's successor have to decide whether to drop the bomb?
2. What does Schelling say about offspring?
3. What does the success of a binary choice model depend on, in Schelling's analysis?
4. What does Schelling say the "open model" represent?
5. What U.S. President decided not to use nuclear weapons in Kuwait?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a positive kind of discrimination, and what tools does a society or a government have for reinforcing positive discrimination?
Essay Topic 2
Schelling writes that groups tend to gather around a primary distinction, but secondary distinctions still exist beneath the surface. Select a case study from history or from current events and describe the interplay between the dominant identifier and the relationship between sub-identifications within that group.
Essay Topic 3
Where are economic models and their concept of equilibrium useful? What kinds of behaviors do they help social scientists to influence? What kinds of behaviors are not accounted for in these mathematical-economic models?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)