|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Schelling say is the goal of a binary choice model?
2. Who was the American president who ordered the bomb to be dropped?
3. What does Schelling say is the importance of segregation and integration models?
4. What does Schelling ultimately say about choosing the sex of one's baby?
5. What does Schelling say about arms control?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a positive kind of discrimination, and what tools does a society or a government have for reinforcing positive discrimination?
Essay Topic 2
Micromotives and Macrobehavior was written in 1981, when race relations in the U.S. were tense in the aftermath of the civil rights movement of the sixties and seventies. While the book responded to the inflammatory situation by analyzing micromotives, the past three decades have seen race relations change in the U.S. What aspects of Schelling's analysis is still relevant in the atmosphere of race relations today, and what factors have caused them to change or evolve?
Essay Topic 3
What do Schelling's models of human behavior tell us about human nature? Do they tell us different things about individuals than they tell us about society? Do they delve into psychology, or are they still essentially economic in nature?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)