Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What example does Schelling use to show discrimination in an atypical light?
2. What does Schelling call the myriad of potential results?
3. What does Schelling say about discrimination as a reason for segregation?
4. What does Schelling say race discrimination is caused by?
5. What does Schelling say was seeking equilibrium as America's space industry interacted with the Russians'?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under what circumstances does Schelling say that chromosomal selection could be beneficial?
2. What limitations does Schelling describe that restrict the effect of economic analysis of social behaviors?
3. How does Schelling describe the role of the social scientist?
4. What are some of the other traits Schelling says parents might be able to choose in the future?
5. What natural preference does Schelling say leads to segregation of populations in American cities?
6. What hope does Schelling have for the future of nuclear weapons?
7. What does Schelling say a closed model can be used for with regard to prospective college students?
8. How does Schelling characterize eugenics?
9. What is an unconditional preference?
10. How does Schelling say human systems differ from natural systems?
Essay Topic 1
What is a positive kind of discrimination, and what tools does a society or a government have for reinforcing positive discrimination?
Essay Topic 2
Where are economic models and their concept of equilibrium useful? What kinds of behaviors do they help social scientists to influence? What kinds of behaviors are not accounted for in these mathematical-economic models?
Essay Topic 3
What are the risks and benefits of using numerical analysis in models of human behavior?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)