|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What second example does Schelling use to demonstrate a closed system with a density enhancement?
(a) Family origins of college students.
(b) College graduates distribution.
(c) Likely careers for college students.
(d) Prospective college students.
2. Who was the American president who ordered the bomb to be dropped?
3. How many possibilities does Schelling say social scientists have to account for when charting binary choice?
(a) Eight to sixteen.
(b) Many, but not an infinite amount.
(c) An infinite amount.
(d) Only two.
4. What does Schelling say would be at risk in a culture where parents preferred male children?
(c) Monogamous marriage.
(d) Cultural traditions.
5. How hockey players feel when the league makes helmets mandatory, in Schelling's analysis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the success of a binary choice model depend on, in Schelling's analysis?
2. What does Schelling say is the best use of sorting and mixing models?
3. What model of human behavior does Schelling say arms control follows?
4. What does Schelling say about the results of segregation and integration models?
5. What does Schelling ultimately say about choosing the sex of one's baby?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)