|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the success of a binary choice model depend on, in Schelling's analysis?
(a) The breadth of the underlying propositions.
(b) The inclusiveness of the model's input.
(c) The reliability of the input.
(d) The range of factors it excludes.
2. What does Schelling say about arms control?
(a) It is a unilateral vulnerability.
(b) It is a self-fulfilling process.
(c) Is it self-assured destruction.
(d) It is a self-defeating process.
3. What is Schelling's tone in his final chapter?
4. What does Schelling say about binary choices?
(a) Sometimes they are paradoxes.
(b) They are the building blocks of economic modeling.
(c) Everyone faces them at some point.
(d) They are like life or death decisions.
5. What does Schelling ultimately say about choosing the sex of one's baby?
(a) It can give countries competitive advantages.
(b) It can be an economic growth opportunity.
(c) It is better left to nature.
(d) It can rationalize human society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an externality?
2. What does Schelling say about the "closed model"?
3. How many distinct eggs does Schelling say a woman can produce?
4. What does Schelling say are discrete variables?
5. What does Schelling say is the importance of segregation and integration models?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)