|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What model of human behavior does Schelling say arms control follows?
(a) Critical-mass model.
(b) Commons model.
(c) The herding instinct.
(d) Binary choice model.
2. What assumption does Schelling make about people's feelings about nuclear weapons?
(a) People universally need them as deterrents.
(b) People universally abhor them.
(c) People universally see them as humanity's salvation.
(d) People are tormented about loving and loathing them.
3. Who was the American president who ordered the bomb to be dropped?
4. What choice does Schelling say eugenics gave parents?
(a) Whether to have a boy or a girl.
(b) Whether to keep a baby or not.
(c) Whether to emigrate.
(d) Whether to have a left-handed or right-handed baby.
5. What does Schelling say might disappear if parents had the ability to choose their children's traits?
(c) Minority cultures.
(d) Undesirable traits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an externality?
2. What U.S. President decided not to use nuclear weapons in Kuwait?
3. What does Schelling say about binary choices?
4. How does Schelling say family size would be affected by his hypothetical case?
5. In what war did Truman's successor have to decide whether to drop the bomb?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)