|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Schelling say genetic modification would interfere with?
(a) The ability to reflect on one's life.
(b) The meaning of being human.
(c) People's most basic rights.
(d) People's sense of their history.
2. What does Schelling say will be necessary to satisfy people with a closed model?
(a) An arbitray limit on the time period.
(b) An imposed division.
(c) An additional regression model.
(d) A correction for young people.
3. What do hockey players fear in regard to the issue of wearing helmets, in Schelling's analysis?
(a) Fear of inhibiting performance.
(b) Fear of serious injury.
(c) Fear of seeming submissive to the league.
(d) Fear of ridicule.
4. In what war did Truman's successor have to decide whether to drop the bomb?
(b) The Falklands conflict.
(c) The Greek Civil War.
(d) The Korean War.
5. What hope does Schelling express for the future of nuclear arms?
(a) That the U.S. will suspend its reliance on nuclear deterrence.
(b) That the U.S. will share nuclear technology among its allies.
(c) That the U.S. will attack North Korea or Brazil with nuclear weapons.
(d) That the U.S. will re-establish its nuclear dominance by testing nuclear weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Schelling say would be the result of chromosomal selection that allowed parents to select for high-IQ children?
2. Why does Schelling say hockey players resist wearing helmets, when they already know they are safer?
3. What does Schelling say the simplest model of a closed system with a density enhancement contains?
4. What does Schelling say are continuous variables?
5. What does Schelling say about offspring?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)