|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can a closed system with a density enhancement include, in Schelling's analysis?
(a) Heritage and culture.
(b) Morality and ethics.
(c) Ethnicity, mobility and community.
(d) Age, income and marital status.
2. Why does Schelling say hockey players resist wearing helmets, when they already know they are safer?
(a) Helmets are cumbersome.
(b) They resist the hockey leagues' authority.
(d) They didn't wear helmets when they learned to play as kids.
3. What does Schelling say is the importance of segregation and integration models?
(a) They provide the tools for influencing population distribution
(b) They identify an important phenomenon.
(c) They are useful in certain mathematical applications.
(d) They help us build conceptual models of more complex behavior like dating and marriage.
4. What does Schelling say about an equilibrium division of the population?
(a) It will give us a working model of emigration.
(b) It will give us a working model of social mobility
(c) It will not produce optimal results.
(d) It will not give us a working model of emigration.
5. What is an unconditional preference?
(a) A preference that does not change regardless of others' actions.
(b) A preference that does not acknowledge other alternatives.
(c) A preference that has to be adopted by all members of a group.
(d) A force of psychological nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hope does Schelling express for the future of nuclear arms?
2. What does Schelling say happens when the youngest ten percent of a population moves?
3. Who was the American president who ordered the bomb to be dropped?
4. What does Schelling say about offspring?
5. What does Schelling say the British argued with the American when he was deciding whether to use the bomb?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)