|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What second example does Schelling use to demonstrate a closed system with a density enhancement?
(a) Family origins of college students.
(b) Prospective college students.
(c) College graduates distribution.
(d) Likely careers for college students.
2. How does Schelling say chromosomal modification might be useful?
(a) It could limit the number of still births.
(b) It could screen out pathologies.
(c) It could reduce the number of undesirables in a culture.
(d) It could reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies.
3. What does Schelling say would be at risk in a culture where parents preferred male children?
(a) Monogamous marriage.
(d) Cultural traditions.
4. What factor does Schelling use as an example of what motivates adults in their distribution decisions?
(a) Living near people of the same age.
(b) Living near family.
(c) Living near people who also have small children.
(d) Living with people of the same race.
5. What U.S. President decided not to use nuclear weapons in Kuwait?
(a) George W. Bush.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) George H. W. Bush.
(d) Bill Clinton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Schelling say the simplest model of a closed system with a density enhancement contains?
2. What choice does Schelling say eugenics gave parents?
3. What does Schelling say can be included in closed models?
4. What model of human behavior does Schelling say arms control follows?
5. What assumption does Schelling make about people's feelings about nuclear weapons?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)