|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another trait does Schelling say parents might be able to choose?
(a) Historical knowledge.
(c) Skin color.
2. What example does Schelling use to explain the closed system with a density enhancement?
(a) Distribution for a university.
(b) Distribution for local co-op market.
(c) Distribution for a highway toll system.
(d) Distribution for a nursing home.
3. What continuous variable does Schelling say parents could select for?
(a) Eye color.
(c) Left versus right-handedness.
4. What does Schelling say the simplest model of a closed system with a density enhancement contains?
(a) Population numbers and historical date.
(b) Future forecasting predictions.
(c) Micropopulation numbers and statistical projections.
(d) Population numbers and individual preferences.
5. How hockey players feel when the league makes helmets mandatory, in Schelling's analysis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Schelling say about the results of segregation and integration models?
2. How does Schelling say family size would be affected by his hypothetical case?
3. What does Schelling say would a density enhancement add to a closed model? Improved distribution modeling. Room for more factors to be included. Relief from certain mathematical constraints.
4. What hope does Schelling express for the future of nuclear arms?
5. What has to happen before hockey players will accept the requirement to wear helmets, in Schelling's analysis?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)