|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Hockey Helmets, Daylight Saving, and Other Binary Choices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Schelling say chromosomal modification might be useful?
(a) It could limit the number of still births.
(b) It could reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies.
(c) It could screen out pathologies.
(d) It could reduce the number of undesirables in a culture.
2. What does Schelling say is the result if aggregate behavior results from a small number of variables?
3. What does Schelling say the defines independent variable in a behavioral system?
(a) The imp of the perverse.
(b) The sum of the dependent variables.
(c) The sum of the dependent variables in parallel systems.
(d) The sum of the independent variables in linked systems.
4. Under what condition would the population not be constrained by a mathematical identity after the youngest ten percent of a population moved away?
(a) The remaining people would have to be the same age.
(b) The people would still have to live within a reasonable distance.
(c) The young people would not be able to come back for visits.
(d) The remaining people would have to fill in the work the youngest people had done.
5. What does Schelling say about binary choices?
(a) They are the building blocks of economic modeling.
(b) Sometimes they are paradoxes.
(c) Everyone faces them at some point.
(d) They are like life or death decisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can one gather information about the choice of the majority, in Schelling's example?
2. What does Schelling say is the goal of his model for describing segregation?
3. How does Schelling say the Russian's space program affected America's space program?
4. What does Schelling say would a density enhancement add to a closed model? Improved distribution modeling. Room for more factors to be included. Relief from certain mathematical constraints.
5. How many distinct eggs does Schelling say a woman can produce?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)