|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Hockey Helmets, Daylight Saving, and Other Binary Choices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Schelling say is the goal of a binary choice model?
(a) To accurately characterize the influential factors.
(b) To limit the possibilities.
(c) To expand the possibilities.
(d) To reach equilibrium.
2. What does Schelling use his lecture to an audience of 800 people to illustrate?
(b) Economic theories of entertainment.
(c) Group dynamics.
(d) Spatial distribution.
3. What does Schelling say is the result if aggregate behavior results from a small number of variables?
4. What is the second thing Schelling says a social behavior model can be?
(a) An actual biological or mechanical system that embodies a certain relationship.
(b) A piece of evidence from which an entire system can be deduced.
(c) A dialogue about the nature of the evidence in a certain system.
(d) A theory that explains a preponderance of evidence.
5. What does Schelling say individual behaviors have in economic analysis?
(a) Mathematical equality.
(c) Statistical insignificance.
(d) Statistical predictability.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Schelling say will be necessary to satisfy people with a closed model?
2. What does Schelling say would be the result of chromosomal selection that allowed parents to select for high-IQ children?
3. How does Schelling say family size would be affected by his hypothetical case?
4. What does Schelling say a proposition has to have in order to be true?
5. Where do social scientists chart binary choices?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)