|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tara have for breakfast?
(a) Eggs and toast.
(b) Toast and coffee.
(c) A banana smoothie.
(d) Bananas and cereal.
2. What does Michael buy to share with Ostin when Ostin wakes in Chapter 35?
(a) Cookies and soda.
(b) Beef jerky and bottled water.
(c) Donuts and strawberry milk.
(d) Fruit juice and pastries.
3. What does Dr. Hatch reveal about Michael's father's death?
(a) He was still in prison for his role in the MEI problem.
(b) Michael had stopped his heart.
(c) He hadn't actually died.
(d) He'd died months before Michael was born.
4. What does Michael say he felt when he chewed through a vacuum cleaner cord when he was four?
(a) He had no electricity for several days.
(b) It hurt.
(c) It tickled.
(d) He slept for a full day.
5. What is the decision Michael makes on the second night?
(a) He'll have to resist Hatch's demands.
(b) He'll have to find a way to beat Nichelle.
(c) He'll pretend to go along with Hatch's demands.
(d) He'll stay if they let his mom and friends go.
6. What is McKenna's ethnicity?
(a) She's Chinese.
(b) She's Korean.
(c) She's Japanese.
(d) She's African America.
7. How long has Tara known she's a twin?
(a) All her life.
(b) A couple of months.
(c) Three or four days.
(d) Nine years.
8. Where does Jack say his two brothers are?
(a) One is a deputy and one is a teacher.
(b) One is a mechanic and the other works at McDonald's.
(c) One is a drug dealer and one is a cop.
(d) One is in Iraq and the other is in prison.
9. What do the boys see leaving the Elgen compound that gives them the idea of how to get inside?
(a) A laundry service truck.
(b) A newspaper delivery truck.
(c) A food service truck.
(d) An interior design truck.
10. What does Ian say they call the cell where Taylor is being held?
(a) The Spider Hole.
(d) The Dungeon.
11. What does Dr. Hatch reveal about Michael's father's job?
(a) He had provided financing for the MEI.
(b) He had helped test the MEI.
(c) He had been an attorney protecting Hatch from lawsuits.
(d) He'd been the person who caused the MEI to malfunction.
12. Which of the following was NOT a feature in the room Michael is taken to in the first part of Chapter 40?
(a) A doorknob on the inside that looks like a lion's head.
(b) A plasma TV.
(c) Monet prints on the walls.
(d) Surround-sound audio.
13. What was Clyde wearing when Michael entered the interrogation room to talk to him?
(a) An orange jumsuit.
(b) An orange t-shirt and orange and white striped pants.
(c) A white t-shirt and black and white striped pants.
(d) A black and white striped jumpsuit.
14. What is Taylor's response when Tara says, "We're not people. We're special."
(a) I'm just a cheerleader.
(b) You've been brainwashed.
(c) You're no better than me.
(d) You're no better than anyone else.
15. What does Michael say happened to his father?
(a) He died of a heart attack.
(b) He died in a house fire.
(c) He died in a train wreck.
(d) He died of cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tara say they're going that morning?
2. What does Dr. Hatch say when Tara says they've spent about ten thousand dollars?
3. What is the name of the street Jack lives on?
4. What does Lieutenant Lloyd say Clyde has been ranting about ever since he was arrested?
5. What does Dr. Hatch say will happen if Wade and Jack speak?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)