|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Hatch say Michael needs his help?
(a) His mother is dead and now he's all alone.
(b) His electricity is increasing and will eventually kill him.
(c) The people of the world will try to kill him as a freak.
(d) The Glows all develop cancer at some point.
2. How many necklaces are placed in front of Taylor from which to choose?
3. What does Tara say to the hostess at the Japanese restaurant that prompts them to give her a table?
(a) She's from the Elgen Academy.
(b) She's a celebrity.
(c) Dr. Hatch has reservations.
(d) She will pay five hundred dollars for a table.
4. How long does Dr. Hatch instruct Nichelle to torture Taylor for her failure to reboot the rider as instructed?
(a) A half hour.
(b) An hour.
(c) An hour and a half.
(d) Two hours.
5. What does the guard at the door of the building demand of Michael and Jack?
(a) To see their orders.
(b) That they remain in the van.
(c) To see their ID badges.
(d) That they give him a security code.
6. What kind of car does Jack have?
(a) A PT Cruiser.
(b) A Monte Carlo.
(c) A pickup.
(d) A Camaro.
7. What is Lieutenant Lloyd driving when he picks up Michael?
(a) A Volvo.
(b) A pickup.
(c) A police car.
(d) An unmarked sedan.
8. What does Dr. Hatch reveal about Michael's father's job?
(a) He had helped test the MEI.
(b) He had been an attorney protecting Hatch from lawsuits.
(c) He had provided financing for the MEI.
(d) He'd been the person who caused the MEI to malfunction.
9. What does Tara say happened to her parents?
(a) They died in an airplane crash.
(b) They drowned.
(c) They died in a house fire.
(d) They abandoned her when they learned of her powers.
10. What does Dr. Hatch say has been the fate of four of the electric children who didn't die in their first few days of life?
(a) They died in electricity-related accidents.
(b) The died of cancer by age seven.
(c) Their hearts failed.
(d) They shorted out electrical appliances and died.
11. What was the nightmare Michael had that night?
(a) His mother was being shocked repeatedly.
(b) Taylor was being shocked repeatedly.
(c) He was being shocked repeatedly.
(d) His mother was in a cage at the zoo.
12. Which of the following was NOT a feature in the room Michael is taken to in the first part of Chapter 40?
(a) A doorknob on the inside that looks like a lion's head.
(b) Surround-sound audio.
(c) A plasma TV.
(d) Monet prints on the walls.
13. What does Michael buy to share with Ostin when Ostin wakes in Chapter 35?
(a) Fruit juice and pastries.
(b) Cookies and soda.
(c) Beef jerky and bottled water.
(d) Donuts and strawberry milk.
14. What do the boys see leaving the Elgen compound that gives them the idea of how to get inside?
(a) A food service truck.
(b) A newspaper delivery truck.
(c) A laundry service truck.
(d) An interior design truck.
15. What does Dr. Hatch say about Michael's powers?
(a) His powers are unique in that he absorbs electricity.
(b) It will be difficult to manipulate him to use his powers.
(c) He's got some unusual potential.
(d) He's the strongest of them all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael have to drink for breakfast at the Liss apartment?
2. What is Taylor's response when Tara says, "We're not people. We're special."
3. What is Zeus's comeback when a man at the concert says he smells?
4. Where does Jack agree to meet Michael and Ostin for the trip to California?
5. What is the snack Jack offers Michael?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)