• Gregor Samsa, a traveling salesman, wakes up one morning to find that he has transformed into a giant beetle.
• While adjusting to his new body, Gregor thinks about how he has missed the train to work and the hardships of his vocation that he endures in order to pay off his family's debt.
• Gregor's mother calls to him through his locked bedroom door and Gregor responds, but his mother only hears twittering animal sounds when he speaks.
• As Gregor attempts to get himself out of bed, the doorbell rings and it is the Chief Clerk, Gregor's boss, come to see why he is not at work.
• Gregor falls out of bed with a thud and his family races to the door.
• Gregor's mother explains to the Chief Clerk that Gregor must be ill, as he never misses work.
• Gregor's sister begins to cry, which confuses Gregor as...
This section contains 1,635 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)