|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Robbie Lichtenstern die?
2. Of what did the new office of Marc Rich remind most people in Chapter 12?
3. Where did one of Marc Rich's employees try to drive up tin prices by hoarding a massive amount of the resource in Chapter 12?
4. Who raided the offices of Philipp Brothers at gunpoint in Chapter 10?
5. Who was the most interested in making the business purchase and anxious to get it underway in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Marc Rich establish his own business in Chapter 8? Why did he choose this locale?
2. What two employees was Marc Rich greatly disappointed by in Chapter 12? What had each done?
3. How did Rich feel about the reaction of the Board to his dealings with Iran in Chapter 6?
4. What did Rich decide to invest in for Philipp Brothers in Chapter 6? What was the Board's reaction?
5. What offices were invaded at gunpoint in Chapter 10? Why?
6. How were the young traders at Marc Rich's firm described?
7. What was the principle hiring standard that Marc Rich had at his firm?
8. When did Marc Rich begin daisy chaining with his company in Chapter 15? Who assisted him?
9. What deal did Marc Rich make through Ali Rezai in Chapter 8? What price did Rich pay for the deal?
10. Where did Rich turn for more oil in the 1970s? How great did his oil empire become?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the merger between Mineral & Chemicals Philipp Brothers and Engelhard Industries. When did this merger take place? What did each company hope to gain from the merger?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Marc Rich's school experiences. Where did he attend high school and college? Why did he leave college and when?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Marc Rich choose to headquarter his company in Switzerland? Describe the laws and regulations of the town where Rich opened his corporation.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)