|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rich and Pinky set up the headquarters for their company in Chapter 8?
2. With his new company, Rich made sure to make quick deals on what, which had always been considered Jesselson's specialty?
3. In Chapter 7, Rich and Pinky began to plot what would later be referred to as what?
4. To whom did Rich turn for operating cash with his new business in Chapter 8?
5. Where was Rich's first office for his new company, according to Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Marc Rich begin daisy chaining with his company in Chapter 15? Who assisted him?
2. What did Rich decide to invest in for Philipp Brothers in Chapter 6? What was the Board's reaction?
3. Where were Rich's offices in Chapter 8? How were they described?
4. How were the young traders at Marc Rich's firm described?
5. What happened to Robbie Lichtenstern in Chapter 14? How did he die?
6. What was Rich's plan for "The Mutiny" in Chapter 6? How did it play out?
7. What happened to Mark Rich's reputation once it became known he had purchased 20th Century Fox?
8. What was the main problem for Philipp Brothers with the oil trade? Who was concerned about Rich's risks?
9. What were Marc Rich's dealings with the Iranians described as in Chapter 9? Why did the Iranians deal with Rich?
10. How was Marc Rich's new office described in Chapter 12? How did Rich treat his employees there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What rumor circulated the trading industry in 1984? What effect did it have on the global economy? Who was responsible for originating the rumor?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the early childhood of Marc Rich. Where was he born? What was his family like? When did the family move to the United States and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the metal trading industry as it was illustrated by the author in the Introduction and Chapter 1 of Metal Men: Marc Rich and the 10-billion-dollar Scam. Where was the industry headquartered? Why?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)