|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many barrels of oil per day did Iran produce in Chapter 9?
(a) 3 million.
(b) 5 million.
(c) 10 million.
(d) 7 million.
2. Following Rich and Pinky's plot in Chapter 7, the other traders were distracted and annoyed by the incident and dissatisfied with what?
(a) Their lack of freedom.
(b) Their wages.
(c) The lack of buyers.
(d) Their bonuses.
3. Where did Rich line up oil contracts representing 200,000 to 300,000 barrels per day in Chapter 9?
4. The oil-producing nations were ____ to unload their gluts of oil on Rich, according to the author in Chapter 7.
5. The author writes in Chapter 7 that Rich was well aware that the executives where had no idea what went into making these huge oil deals?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term refers to a "source of emulation," also known as a Grand Ayatollah in Twelver Shi'a Islam?
2. Who raided the offices of Philipp Brothers at gunpoint in Chapter 10?
3. In Chapter 7, Rich and Pinky began to plot what would later be referred to as what?
4. Marc Rich's new office in Chapter 12 was atop a skyscraper where?
5. To whom did Rich turn for operating cash with his new business in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was found murdered in Chapter 13? What was speculated as the cause of the murder?
2. Where did Marc Rich establish his own business in Chapter 8? Why did he choose this locale?
3. What was the main problem for Philipp Brothers with the oil trade? Who was concerned about Rich's risks?
4. What happened with many traders once the Ayatollah Khomeini took over government control in Iran? How did Marc Rich react?
5. What happened to Robbie Lichtenstern in Chapter 14? How did he die?
6. What deal did Marc Rich make through Ali Rezai in Chapter 8? What price did Rich pay for the deal?
7. What was the reaction of the New York offices following the gunpoint incident in Chapter 10? How was Rich connected to the affair?
8. What was Rich's plan for "The Mutiny" in Chapter 6? How did it play out?
9. What impact did OPEC have on the oil trade in Chapter 7? How did this affect Rich's dealings?
10. When did Marc Rich begin daisy chaining with his company in Chapter 15? Who assisted him?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)