|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, where were Rich and Pinky's New York offices located?
(a) Wall Street.
(b) Park Avenue.
(c) Fifth Avenue.
(d) Madison Avenue.
2. Who was the Shah of Iran in 1979?
(a) Naser al-Din Shah Qajar.
(b) Mohammad Reza Pahlavi.
(c) Mohammad Shah Qajar.
(d) Mohammad Ali Shah Qajar.
3. Where did one of Marc Rich's employees try to drive up tin prices by hoarding a massive amount of the resource in Chapter 12?
4. What did the man who raided the offices of Philipp Brothers at gunpoint demand in Chapter 10?
5. When did Robbie Lichtenstern die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Marc Rich's new office in Chapter 12 was atop a skyscraper where?
2. What was one of the main third-world nations that Marc Rich targeted for oil in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 8 a deal was struck whereby Rich would be provided with how many barrels of oil daily?
4. What was the name of Marc Rich's chief officer who was found murdered in Chapter 13?
5. Following Rich and Pinky's plot in Chapter 7, the other traders were distracted and annoyed by the incident and dissatisfied with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened with many traders once the Ayatollah Khomeini took over government control in Iran? How did Marc Rich react?
2. What offices were invaded at gunpoint in Chapter 10? Why?
3. What impact did OPEC have on the oil trade in Chapter 7? How did this affect Rich's dealings?
4. What was the main problem for Philipp Brothers with the oil trade? Who was concerned about Rich's risks?
5. How was Marc Rich's new office described in Chapter 12? How did Rich treat his employees there?
6. What deal did Marc Rich make through Ali Rezai in Chapter 8? What price did Rich pay for the deal?
7. What did Rich register his company as in Chapter 8? Where did he operate?
8. What was the reaction of the New York offices following the gunpoint incident in Chapter 10? How was Rich connected to the affair?
9. What was the principle obstacle Rich faced in his dealings with Iran after the Ayatollah Khomeini took over control? What did Rich do?
10. How did Rich feel about the reaction of the Board to his dealings with Iran in Chapter 6?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)