|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had one of Marc Rich's chief officers been found murdered in Chapter 13?
(a) Washington, D.C., U.S.
(b) Eze, France.
(c) London, England.
(d) Paris, France.
2. After the Iranian Revolution, doing business with Iran was a crime and considered treasonous where?
(a) Great Britain.
(b) The United States.
3. Robbie Lichtenstern was Rich's chief of what?
4. Who was the Shah of Iran in 1979?
(a) Mohammad Shah Qajar.
(b) Mohammad Reza Pahlavi.
(c) Naser al-Din Shah Qajar.
(d) Mohammad Ali Shah Qajar.
5. By what time had Robbie Lichtenstern begun to feel he had sold his soul to Rich and wanted out?
(a) Late 1970s.
(b) Early 1990s.
(c) Early 1970s.
(d) Early 1980s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arab members of OPEC alarmed the world when they used the "oil weapon" during the Yom Kippur War by implementing oil embargoes and initiating an oil crisis in what year?
2. When did the price of oil that Rich bought from the Iranians reach a profitable margin in Chapter 7?
3. How many barrels of oil per day did Iran produce in Chapter 9?
4. Of what did the new office of Marc Rich remind most people in Chapter 12?
5. Where did Rich line up oil contracts representing 200,000 to 300,000 barrels per day in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where were Rich's offices in Chapter 8? How were they described?
2. What deal did Marc Rich make through Ali Rezai in Chapter 8? What price did Rich pay for the deal?
3. What happened with many traders once the Ayatollah Khomeini took over government control in Iran? How did Marc Rich react?
4. Where did Rich turn for more oil in the 1970s? How great did his oil empire become?
5. What impact did OPEC have on the oil trade in Chapter 7? How did this affect Rich's dealings?
6. What was the main problem for Philipp Brothers with the oil trade? Who was concerned about Rich's risks?
7. What happened to Mark Rich's reputation once it became known he had purchased 20th Century Fox?
8. What two employees was Marc Rich greatly disappointed by in Chapter 12? What had each done?
9. When did Marc Rich begin daisy chaining with his company in Chapter 15? Who assisted him?
10. What offices were invaded at gunpoint in Chapter 10? Why?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)