|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what did the new office of Marc Rich remind most people in Chapter 12?
(a) A modernist painting.
(b) Starship Enterprise.
(c) An Arabian palace.
(d) A castle.
2. Following Rich and Pinky's plot in Chapter 7, the other traders were distracted and annoyed by the incident and dissatisfied with what?
(a) Their wages.
(b) The lack of buyers.
(c) Their bonuses.
(d) Their lack of freedom.
3. When did the Ayatollah Khomeini take control of Iran?
4. How many people attended the funeral of Robbie Lichtenstern?
5. In Chapter 8, where were Rich and Pinky's New York offices located?
(a) Fifth Avenue.
(b) Madison Avenue.
(c) Park Avenue.
(d) Wall Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arab members of OPEC alarmed the world when they used the "oil weapon" during the Yom Kippur War by implementing oil embargoes and initiating an oil crisis in what year?
2. Marc Rich and Pincus Green were wanted by the U.S. government on how many count indictments at the end of Chapter 15?
3. What did Marc Rich do to the employee who embezzled money in Chapter 12?
4. Who were the first countries to move towards the establishment of OPEC in the 1960s by approaching Iraq?
5. What was the greatest problem facing Philipp Brothers and their trading of oil?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Rich turn for more oil in the 1970s? How great did his oil empire become?
2. What were Marc Rich's dealings with the Iranians described as in Chapter 9? Why did the Iranians deal with Rich?
3. What offices were invaded at gunpoint in Chapter 10? Why?
4. How did Rich feel about the reaction of the Board to his dealings with Iran in Chapter 6?
5. What was the principle obstacle Rich faced in his dealings with Iran after the Ayatollah Khomeini took over control? What did Rich do?
6. Where were Rich's offices in Chapter 8? How were they described?
7. What happened with many traders once the Ayatollah Khomeini took over government control in Iran? How did Marc Rich react?
8. How was Marc Rich's new office described in Chapter 12? How did Rich treat his employees there?
9. Where did Marc Rich establish his own business in Chapter 8? Why did he choose this locale?
10. What did Rich register his company as in Chapter 8? Where did he operate?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)