|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Shah of Iran in 1979?
(a) Mohammad Reza Pahlavi.
(b) Mohammad Ali Shah Qajar.
(c) Naser al-Din Shah Qajar.
(d) Mohammad Shah Qajar.
2. Who became a regular visitor at Marc Rich's offices following his business purchase in Chapter 11?
(a) George Bush.
(b) Henry Kissinger.
(c) James Gardner.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
3. When was the Ayatollah Khomeini born?
4. In Chapter 9 the author writes that Rich's oil sales constituted what percent of the oil consumed by America?
5. Where had one of Marc Rich's chief officers been found murdered in Chapter 13?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) Washington, D.C., U.S.
(c) Eze, France.
(d) London, England.
6. Where were the executives located who were furious about the ordeal which took place with the gunman at the offices of Philipp Brothers?
(b) New York.
7. How many of traders were in Rich's core team after a year in his own business?
8. How much money did Marc Rich lose because his employee hoarded tin too long in Chapter 12?
(a) $200 million.
(b) $150 million.
(c) $100 million.
(d) $50 million.
9. In what years did Marc Rich make the greatest profits in oil as this was its peak in American demand in Chapter 9?
10. When did Robbie Lichtenstern die?
11. Marc Rich wanted to do what before leaving Philipp Brothers in Chapter 7?
(a) Take Pinky's job.
(b) Get a million dollar bonus.
(c) Cause major damage.
(d) Take Jesselson's job.
12. What was one of the main third-world nations that Marc Rich targeted for oil in Chapter 9?
(d) South Africa.
13. Where is sixty-five percent of the world's cobalt mined?
(d) South Africa.
14. Who raided the offices of Philipp Brothers at gunpoint in Chapter 10?
(a) An Argentinean copper mine owner.
(b) A Philippine chromium mine owner.
(c) A Philippine uranium mine owner.
(d) A Brazilian mercury mine owner.
15. How many top traders left with Rich and Pinky who had begun their own business in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Rich commit to the entire deal with Iran without first having a buyer in place in Chapter 7?
2. How did Robbie Lichtenstern die?
3. What did Rich's core team of traders dub themselves as in Chapter 14?
4. What did Marc Rich do to the employee who embezzled money in Chapter 12?
5. Marc Rich and Pincus Green were wanted by the U.S. government on how many count indictments at the end of Chapter 15?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)