|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Ayatollah Khomeini take control of Iran?
2. Who was the Shah of Iran in 1979?
(a) Naser al-Din Shah Qajar.
(b) Mohammad Shah Qajar.
(c) Mohammad Ali Shah Qajar.
(d) Mohammad Reza Pahlavi.
3. What term refers to a "source of emulation," also known as a Grand Ayatollah in Twelver Shi'a Islam?
4. In Chapter 9 the author writes that Rich's oil sales constituted what percent of the oil consumed by America?
5. What did Marc Rich do to the employee who embezzled money in Chapter 12?
(a) Demanded his resignation.
(b) Had him assassinated.
(c) Turned him over to legal agents.
(d) Sued him.
6. Where were Rich and Pinky during the funeral for Robbie Lichtenstern?
(a) Zurich, Switzerland.
(b) Oslo, Norway.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Zug, Switzerland.
7. Where has OPEC maintained its headquarters since 1965?
8. Where did Rich and Pinky move their offices after six months in Chapter 8?
(b) New York.
9. In what year did Rich find himself badly in need of a tax shelter in Chapter 11?
10. How old was Robbie Lichtenstern when he died?
11. Who raided the offices of Philipp Brothers at gunpoint in Chapter 10?
(a) A Brazilian mercury mine owner.
(b) A Philippine chromium mine owner.
(c) An Argentinean copper mine owner.
(d) A Philippine uranium mine owner.
12. In Chapter 8, where was the company constructing an Iranian power plant that Rich agreed to finance?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
13. Where was Rich's first office for his new company, according to Chapter 8?
(b) New York.
14. Where were the executives located who were furious about the ordeal which took place with the gunman at the offices of Philipp Brothers?
(a) New York.
15. The author writes in Chapter 7 that Rich was well aware that the executives where had no idea what went into making these huge oil deals?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people attended the funeral of Robbie Lichtenstern?
2. What did Marc Rich begin shipping from the Philippines in Chapter 10?
3. How much money did Rich commit to the entire deal with Iran without first having a buyer in place in Chapter 7?
4. The town where Rich and Pinky set up their headquarters allowed individuals to conduct business by doing what?
5. How did Robbie Lichtenstern die?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)