|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marc Rich and Pincus Green were wanted by the U.S. government on how many count indictments at the end of Chapter 15?
2. In Chapter 8, where were Rich and Pinky's New York offices located?
(a) Park Avenue.
(b) Madison Avenue.
(c) Fifth Avenue.
(d) Wall Street.
3. Where did Rich and Pinky move their offices after six months in Chapter 8?
(c) New York.
4. In what year was one of Marc Rich's chief officers found murdered in Chapter 13?
5. Where did Rich create a holding company before buying 50 percent of the voting stock of the corporation he purchased in Chapter 11?
6. What was the name of Marc Rich's chief officer who was found murdered in Chapter 13?
(a) Edmond Mantel.
(b) James Skawinski.
(c) David Drummel.
(d) Peter Dansing.
7. Who was never comfortable with oil trade because it was a segment of the market that was controlled by forces outside of Philipp Brothers?
8. When did Robbie Lichtenstern die?
9. What was the greatest problem facing Philipp Brothers and their trading of oil?
(a) Finding buyers.
(b) Governmental controls.
(c) Storage and transportation.
(d) Finding sellers.
10. Who was the most interested in making the business purchase and anxious to get it underway in Chapter 11?
(a) Denise Rich.
(b) Pincus Green.
(c) Edmond Mantrell.
(d) Ludwig Jesselson.
11. Where did one of Marc Rich's employees try to drive up tin prices by hoarding a massive amount of the resource in Chapter 12?
12. In Chapter 7, Rich and Pinky began to plot what would later be referred to as what?
(a) "The Mutiny."
(b) "The Setup."
(c) "The Catastrophe."
(d) "The Trojan Horse."
13. What did Rich's core team of traders dub themselves as in Chapter 14?
(a) Hard Metal Kids.
(b) Heavy Metal Kids.
(c) Metal Kids.
(d) Cold Metal Kids.
14. In what years did Marc Rich make the greatest profits in oil as this was its peak in American demand in Chapter 9?
15. How did Robbie Lichtenstern die?
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Cerebral hemorrhage.
(d) Automobile accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Ayatollah Khomeini take control of Iran?
2. How much money did Marc Rich lose because his employee hoarded tin too long in Chapter 12?
3. Rich's chief operations officer for which offices was found murdered in Chapter 13?
4. Where did Rich and Pinky set up the headquarters for their company in Chapter 8?
5. What did Jesselson order Rich to do after he'd made the oil deal with Iran in Chapter 7?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)