|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Marc Rich do to the employee who embezzled money in Chapter 12?
(a) Demanded his resignation.
(b) Turned him over to legal agents.
(c) Sued him.
(d) Had him assassinated.
2. Where were the executives located who were furious about the ordeal which took place with the gunman at the offices of Philipp Brothers?
(a) New York.
3. The town where Rich and Pinky set up their headquarters allowed individuals to conduct business by doing what?
(a) Signing a petition.
(b) Registering at a council.
(c) Putting up a sign.
(d) Paying a bribe.
4. Where did Rich and Pinky move their offices after six months in Chapter 8?
(b) New York.
5. After the Iranian Revolution, doing business with Iran was a crime and considered treasonous where?
(c) Great Britain.
(d) The United States.
6. Where did one of Marc Rich's employees try to drive up tin prices by hoarding a massive amount of the resource in Chapter 12?
7. The author writes in Chapter 9 that if Iranian oil was selling for $20 a barrel, Rich could get it for how much?
8. How did Robbie Lichtenstern die?
(b) Cerebral hemorrhage.
(c) Automobile accident.
(d) Heart attack.
9. What did the man who raided the offices of Philipp Brothers at gunpoint demand in Chapter 10?
10. Where did Rich create a holding company before buying 50 percent of the voting stock of the corporation he purchased in Chapter 11?
11. What did Rich decide Philipp Brothers needed which would serve as a tax advantage and also allow the company to save money in Chapter 7?
(a) A film company.
(b) An oil tanker.
(c) An oil company.
(d) An oil refinery.
12. In Chapter 9 the author writes that Rich's oil sales constituted what percent of the oil consumed by America?
13. In what years did Marc Rich make the greatest profits in oil as this was its peak in American demand in Chapter 9?
14. What did Marc Rich later say was the best thing he ever did for his image?
(a) Buying 20th Century Fox.
(b) Buying CNN Corporation.
(c) Buying MGM.
(d) Selling his oil tanker.
15. Marc Rich wanted to do what before leaving Philipp Brothers in Chapter 7?
(a) Take Pinky's job.
(b) Get a million dollar bonus.
(c) Cause major damage.
(d) Take Jesselson's job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Shah of Iran in 1979?
2. Where had one of Marc Rich's chief officers been found murdered in Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 8, where were Rich and Pinky's New York offices located?
4. What did Marc Rich begin shipping from the Philippines in Chapter 10?
5. How much money did Marc Rich lose because his employee hoarded tin too long in Chapter 12?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)