|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what time had Robbie Lichtenstern begun to feel he had sold his soul to Rich and wanted out?
(a) Late 1970s.
(b) Early 1970s.
(c) Early 1980s.
(d) Early 1990s.
2. Where were Rich and Pinky during the funeral for Robbie Lichtenstern?
(a) Zug, Switzerland.
(b) Oslo, Norway.
(c) Zurich, Switzerland.
(d) Paris, France.
3. In Chapter 7, Rich and Pinky began to plot what would later be referred to as what?
(a) "The Trojan Horse."
(b) "The Catastrophe."
(c) "The Setup."
(d) "The Mutiny."
4. Where did Rich line up oil contracts representing 200,000 to 300,000 barrels per day in Chapter 9?
5. The author writes in Chapter 14 that Robbie Lichtenstern became a great metal trader because he loved what?
6. What did Marc Rich later say was the best thing he ever did for his image?
(a) Buying MGM.
(b) Buying CNN Corporation.
(c) Selling his oil tanker.
(d) Buying 20th Century Fox.
7. How much money did Rich commit to the entire deal with Iran without first having a buyer in place in Chapter 7?
(a) $200 million.
(b) $150 million.
(c) $50 million.
(d) $100 million.
8. Where did an individual raid the offices of Philipp Brothers at gunpoint?
9. Following Rich and Pinky's plot in Chapter 7, the other traders were distracted and annoyed by the incident and dissatisfied with what?
(a) Their wages.
(b) Their lack of freedom.
(c) The lack of buyers.
(d) Their bonuses.
10. Where did Rich and Pinky set up the headquarters for their company in Chapter 8?
(a) Zug, Switzerland.
(b) Zurich, Switzerland.
(c) Bern, Switzerland.
(d) Oslo, Norway.
11. Who became a regular visitor at Marc Rich's offices following his business purchase in Chapter 11?
(a) Henry Kissinger.
(b) James Gardner.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
12. To whom did Rich turn for operating cash with his new business in Chapter 8?
(a) Robbie Lichtenstern.
(b) Ali Rezai.
(c) William May.
(d) Marvin Davis.
13. When did the price of oil that Rich bought from the Iranians reach a profitable margin in Chapter 7?
(a) By the end of two years.
(b) By the end of the month.
(c) By the end of the week.
(d) By the end of the year.
14. With what did Marc Rich often pay for Iranian oil?
(a) Government contracts.
(b) Nuclear weapons.
(c) Small arms.
(d) Swiss money.
15. How many people attended the funeral of Robbie Lichtenstern?
Short Answer Questions
1. With his new company, Rich made sure to make quick deals on what, which had always been considered Jesselson's specialty?
2. The author writes in Chapter 9 that if Iranian oil was selling for $20 a barrel, Rich could get it for how much?
3. When did Robbie Lichtenstern die?
4. The author writes in Chapter 7 that Rich was well aware that the executives where had no idea what went into making these huge oil deals?
5. In Chapter 11, Marc Rich offered Third World countries support in developing what fledgling industries?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)