|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After 15 years at the helm, the Philipps brothers' cousin and who were responsible for elevating Philipp Brothers to a powerful international trading force?
(a) Siegfried Ullman.
(b) Pincus Green.
(c) Edmond Mantell.
(d) Marc Rich.
2. Marc Rich's family moved to the U.S. from fear of what?
(a) The Spanish Civil War.
(b) The Fascist Regime.
(c) The Nazi Regime.
(d) World War I.
3. How many barrels of oil per day did Iran produce in Chapter 9?
(a) 10 million.
(b) 7 million.
(c) 5 million.
(d) 3 million.
4. Where did Philipp Brothers establish a firm it was miraculously able to keep alive during World War I?
5. What vice did Marc Rich pick up after becoming manager of the Madrid office for Philipp Brothers?
(c) Heroin use.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name that Rich registered his company in Chapter 8?
2. In what year did Marc Rich marry, according to Chapter 5?
3. What was the European center for the industrial trading market in the 1980s?
4. Who was the Shah of Iran in 1979?
5. Rich's goal in Chapter 6 was to have great success in Madrid, become European manager, and eventually take over whose responsibilities?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)