|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The oil-producing nations were ____ to unload their gluts of oil on Rich, according to the author in Chapter 7.
2. What was in the greatest demand following the circulation of the rumor in Chapter 2?
(a) Copper and gold.
(b) Silver and uranium.
(c) Copper and aluminum.
(d) Gold and silver.
3. What distant cousin of the Philipp Brothers was dispatched to help run the U.S. offices?
(a) Marc Rich.
(b) Pincus Green.
(c) Edmond Mantell.
(d) Ludwig Jesselson.
4. Where did many of the metals traded under the radar originate?
5. Following Rich and Pinky's plot in Chapter 7, the other traders were distracted and annoyed by the incident and dissatisfied with what?
(a) Their wages.
(b) Their bonuses.
(c) Their lack of freedom.
(d) The lack of buyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Marc Rich marry, according to Chapter 5?
2. Following Rich's takeover as the head of Philipp Brothers' Madrid office, the downturn in industry in the U.S. and other markets left Philipp Brothers with what?
3. What happened to trading following the circulation of the rumor in Chapter 2?
4. What is the name of an oil cartel of twelve developing countries made up of Algeria, Angola, Ecuador, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Venezuela?
5. In what year did Marc Rich marry, according to Chapter 5?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)