|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Marc Rich offered Third World countries support in developing what fledgling industries?
2. What did Rich trade with the Cubans in Chapter 5?
(a) Gold and silver.
(b) Aluminum and silver.
(c) Nickel and copper.
(d) Nickel and mercury.
3. What publicly owned company did Philipp Brothers merge with in Chapter 5?
(a) Entergy Corporation.
(b) Intertech Resources.
(c) Minerals & Chemicals Corporation.
(d) Metals and Chemicals Corporation.
4. Marc Rich's ownership of a massive entertainment corporation was kept secret for how long after the purchase?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) One month.
(d) Six months.
5. What company was Marc Rich convinced to purchase as a tax shelter in Chapter 11?
(a) Lions Gate Entertainment.
(b) CNN Corporation.
(d) 20th Century Fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, a rumor circulated that who had succumbed to a cerebral hemorrhage?
2. What is the chemical symbol for silver?
3. Who among Marc Rich's contemporaries at Philipp Brothers took to the young trader?
4. After the Iranian Revolution, doing business with Iran was a crime and considered treasonous where?
5. How much money did Marc Rich earn per week when he started working at Philipp Brothers?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)