|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author writes in Chapter 5 that during Jesselson's tenure at Philipp Brothers there was no need for buy-outs or what?
(a) Government regulation.
(b) Freedom parades.
(c) Golden parachutes.
2. Traders at Philipp Brothers were trained to move how in their dealings?
3. Where did many of the metals traded under the radar originate?
4. Who had recently taken power in Cuba when Rich began making business contacts there?
(a) Fidel Castro.
(b) Raul Castro.
(c) Mirta Díaz Balart.
(d) Fulgencio Batista.
5. Where was Marc Rich exiled after his legal troubles in the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. After 15 years at the helm, the Philipps brothers' cousin and who were responsible for elevating Philipp Brothers to a powerful international trading force?
2. The trading community admired Rich because he was able to get around many what that stood in the way of many countries and their corporations?
3. Where did Marc Rich's family settle in the United States?
4. Marc Rich was able to parlay his friendship with the Iranian broker into meaningful associations with whom?
5. What individual in Chapter 2 was also known as Dapper Dan?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)