|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The scam which drove the rumor in Chapter 2 was intended to raise the prices of what?
(a) Gold and the U.S. dollar.
(b) Silver and gold.
(d) Magnesium and silver.
2. What is the chemical symbol for gold?`
3. What individual in Chapter 2 was also known as Dapper Dan?
(a) Doug Lee.
(b) James Lee.
(c) David Duncan.
(d) Andrew Warner.
4. In what year did the rumor circulate in Chapter 2?
5. The author writes in Chapter 5 that during Jesselson's tenure at Philipp Brothers there was no need for buy-outs or what?
(a) Freedom parades.
(b) Golden parachutes.
(d) Government regulation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under whose tutelage did Marc Rich begin working at Philipp Brothers?
2. In what year was there a growing awareness of the creeping power of the Ronald Reagan dollar, which was gaining fiscal strength over European currencies?
3. Marc Rich's new father-in-law in Chapter 5 was the chairman of what company?
4. The rumor from Chapter 2 began circulating where?
5. When did Philipp Brothers merge with a publicly owned company, as described in Chapter 5?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)