|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was there a growing awareness of the creeping power of the Ronald Reagan dollar, which was gaining fiscal strength over European currencies?
2. The author describes in Chapter 1 that metal trading was a shadowy world in which huge amounts of money were traded and, to play in that arena, one had to be "extremely smart, stupid or " what?
(c) A gambler.
3. The scam which drove the rumor in Chapter 2 was intended to raise the prices of what?
(a) Silver and gold.
(b) Magnesium and silver.
(c) Gold and the U.S. dollar.
4. From where had orders been given which led to the origin of the rumor in Chapter 2?
(a) A Lithuanian mountain.
(b) A Cuban official.
(c) An Iranian official.
(d) A Swiss mountain.
5. What is the name of Marc Rich's current estate, located on the shores of Lake Lucerne?
(a) "La villa rose."
(b) "La villa bleu."
(c) "Lucerne villa."
(d) "La villa blanc."
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, a rumor circulated that who had succumbed to a cerebral hemorrhage?
2. What company did Marc Rich buy as a tax shelter to hide his massive cash assets?
3. What was being sold, but was in short supply and not physically accessible in Chapter 2?
4. Where was Marc Rich exiled after his legal troubles in the United States?
5. How much money was Marc Rich required to pay per day in fines rather than relinquish corporate records that could land him in jail?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)