|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what were the traders who were busted by the FBI in 1981 charged?
(a) Fraud and embezzlement.
(b) Money laundering and embezzlement.
(c) Money laundering and grand larceny.
(d) Fraud and grand larceny.
2. What distant cousin of the Philipp Brothers was dispatched to help run the U.S. offices?
(a) Edmond Mantell.
(b) Marc Rich.
(c) Ludwig Jesselson.
(d) Pincus Green.
3. Traders of what trading company were busted by the FBI in 1981?
(a) Mineral Resources, Inc.
(b) Chemical Resources, Inc.
(c) Intertech Resources, Inc.
(d) Entergy Incorporated.
4. Where had there been no official release of the news of the rumor in Chapter 2?
(a) The Roman Cathedral.
(b) New York.
(c) The White House.
(d) Birmingham Castle.
5. What was Marc Rich's father's occupation?
(a) Postal clerk.
(b) High-level trader.
(c) College professor.
(d) Low-level trader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Philipp Brothers establish a firm it was miraculously able to keep alive during World War I?
2. Who encouraged Marc Rich to quit college and become a trader?
3. What publicly owned company did Philipp Brothers merge with in Chapter 5?
4. Where did Marc Rich attend college?
5. The author describes in Chapter 1 that metal trading was a shadowy world in which huge amounts of money were traded and, to play in that arena, one had to be "extremely smart, stupid or " what?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)