|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the U.S. dollar in trading following the rumor's circulation in Chapter 2?
(a) It held steady.
(b) It surged dramatically.
(c) It began to drop.
(d) It began to rise.
2. Where was Marc Rich exiled after his legal troubles in the United States?
3. In what year did Marc Rich begin his career as a metal man?
4. From where had orders been given which led to the origin of the rumor in Chapter 2?
(a) A Swiss mountain.
(b) An Iranian official.
(c) A Lithuanian mountain.
(d) A Cuban official.
5. In what year was Marc Rich born?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, a rumor circulated that who had succumbed to a cerebral hemorrhage?
2. Where had there been no official release of the news of the rumor in Chapter 2?
3. What is the chemical symbol for gold?`
4. When did Philipp Brothers merge with a publicly owned company, as described in Chapter 5?
5. What metal did Marc Rich first begin trading at Philipp Brothers?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)