|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What individual in Chapter 2 was also known as Dapper Dan?
(a) David Duncan.
(b) Andrew Warner.
(c) James Lee.
(d) Doug Lee.
2. The author writes in Chapter 5 that Jesselson's tenure at Philipp Brothers was during an era when relationships were forged by trust, not by what?
(c) Corporate lawyers.
3. What was the name that Rich registered his company in Chapter 8?
(a) Rich + Green AG.
(b) Green + Rich, Inc.
(c) Rich + Co. Inc.
(d) Marc Rich + Co. AG.
4. What distant cousin of the Philipp Brothers was dispatched to help run the U.S. offices?
(a) Marc Rich.
(b) Ludwig Jesselson.
(c) Edmond Mantell.
(d) Pincus Green.
5. In Chapter 8, where were Rich and Pinky's New York offices located?
(a) Wall Street.
(b) Fifth Avenue.
(c) Madison Avenue.
(d) Park Avenue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Marc Rich's family settle in the United States?
2. What was being sold, but was in short supply and not physically accessible in Chapter 2?
3. The author writes in Chapter 6 that Rich was well aware that OPEC's demand for ______ would lead to an oil glut that the globe could not handle.
4. What happened with Philipp Brothers' profits after their merger in Chapter 5?
5. In what year did Marc Rich begin his career as a metal man?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)