|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Marc Rich make in his first year in his new business in Chapter 9?
(a) $5 million.
(b) $10 million.
(c) $20 million.
(d) $14 million.
2. The author writes in Chapter 5 that during Jesselson's tenure at Philipp Brothers there was no need for buy-outs or what?
(a) Freedom parades.
(c) Government regulation.
(d) Golden parachutes.
3. In Chapter 9 the author writes that Rich's oil sales constituted what percent of the oil consumed by America?
4. Whom did Marc Rich marry, according to Chapter 5?
(a) Imelda Marcos.
(b) Mirta Díaz Balart.
(c) Angelina Davis.
(d) Denise Eisenberg.
5. Where did Rich and Pinky set up the headquarters for their company in Chapter 8?
(a) Zug, Switzerland.
(b) Zurich, Switzerland.
(c) Bern, Switzerland.
(d) Oslo, Norway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the chemical number for nickel?
2. The author's description of Marc Rich in Chapter 6 states that the trader was demanding and unfair with underlings and displayed little personality and had no sense of what?
3. What did Marc Rich begin taking in Chapter 6 to manage his weight?
4. What vice did Marc Rich pick up after becoming manager of the Madrid office for Philipp Brothers?
5. What is the largest city in the German state of Hesse and the fifth-largest city in Germany?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)