|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kira learn when she uses her tapestry?
(a) That Sser is coming for them.
(b) That they will live to reach Village.
(c) That Forest will soon die.
(d) That Leader is coming for them.
2. What does Leader say when his mind first meets Kira's?
(a) I am coming.
(b) I am Leader.
(d) Tell Matty to wake up.
3. What is the path like by this point in the journey?
(a) Clear in most places.
(b) Muddy and slippery.
(c) Covered with dead leaves.
4. What weapon does Leader say he needs in order to rescue Matty and Kira?
(a) A map.
(b) Only their gifts.
(c) A knife.
5. What does Seer tell Leader he is doing to prepare for Kira's arrival?
(a) Creating flower beds.
(b) Cooking and cleaning.
(c) Working on her bedroom.
(d) Planting herbs she'll need to regain her strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kira carry in her pack?
2. What does Matty do to demonstrate his gift?
3. What is Kira eating as they prepare for their first night in Forest?
4. What is the creature that darts across their blanket when both Kira and Matty are nearing death?
5. What does Leader feel when he enters Forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the thoughts and statements of Matty and Kira regarding the amount of ground they'd covered their first day.
2. Describe the daily meetings between Leader and Seer as Leader watches the progress of Matty of Kira's journey.
3. Describe Kira's gift and the role it played in her decision to go with Matty to her father's home.
4. How does Matty convince Kira that his gift is real and what does he tell her about healing humans?
5. Why is Kira scorned by the people of her village and why is she needed?
6. What are some of the ways Forest attacks Leader?
7. Describe the discussion between Leader and Matty about Matty's gift.
8. Describe how Matty and Kira cross the swampy area.
9. What is the message Seer asks Matty to give Kira and why is Matty supposed to give Kira a message at all?
10. What are Matty's first injuries from Forest and what does he know it means?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)