|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matty think about in an effort to distract himself from the discomfort?
(b) His brother.
(d) Himself as a boy.
2. What does Matty use mud for after they complete their journey through the swamp?
(a) To treat their mosquito bites.
(b) To soothe Kira's bleeding feet and legs.
(c) To soothe his swollen arms.
(d) To treat their snake bites.
3. Where does Leader say Matty should carry his messages?
(a) In a backpack.
(b) Inside his shirt.
(c) In his bedroll.
(d) In a satchel.
4. What does Seer say he'll be doing while Matty is away?
(a) Working to change the minds of those who want to close Village
(b) Trying to put an end to Trade Mart
(c) Planning a homecoming
(d) Fixing up the spare room for his daughter
5. How does Kira know that Matty is going to ask her to leave with him?
(a) She's seen it in the tapestry .
(b) She heard Matty talking in his sleep.
(c) She knew that it was time for that to happen.
(d) She felt it from Leader's presence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day do Matty and Kira wake the next morning?
2. What is the weather like as Matty is preparing to leave?
3. What kind of shoes does Kira wear?
4. What is Kira drinking as she and Matty talk about their gifts?
5. What is it that Matty thinks about Kira's leg just before he falls asleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the conversation Kira and Leader have when they meet in "Beyond" for the first time?
2. What does Matty find that makes him think of the newly-arrived group at Village?
3. Describe the discussion between Leader and Matty about Matty's gift.
4. What does Kira say and think when she talks to Seer about the fact that Kira will soon arrive?
5. Describe how Matty and Kira cross the swampy area.
6. Describe the thoughts and statements of Matty and Kira regarding the amount of ground they'd covered their first day.
7. What are Matty's first injuries from Forest and what does he know it means?
8. What does Matty see in the tapestry Kira made for her father and what does he say when Jean questions him about it?
9. Describe Kira's injuries from the first day in Forest and what she does to try to make the second day of traveling less painful.
10. What is Matty's reaction when Kira takes out her embroider and what does Kira discover after she's worked at it?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)