|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leader say was the very first thing he saw "beyond?"
(a) A frog.
(b) A garden.
(c) An apple.
2. What does Matty tell Kira about the horrible smell that's coming from Forest?
(a) That it's normal.
(b) That it means there's something horrible happening.
(d) That it's not normal.
3. What does Kira provide for Matty to eat?
(a) Meat and potatoes.
(b) Scrambled eggs and toast.
(d) Bread, cheese and milk.
4. What happens to those building the wall in Village as Matty's power is unleashed on the earth?
(a) They work faster.
(b) They listen to the sounds and wonder what to do.
(c) They sit down to wait for instruction from Leader.
(d) They stop their work.
5. What does Seer tell Leader he is doing to prepare for Kira's arrival?
(a) Planting herbs she'll need to regain her strength.
(b) Creating flower beds.
(c) Working on her bedroom.
(d) Cooking and cleaning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leader say when his mind first meets Kira's?
2. What happens when Matty sits on a log that he'd always used for a bench during his previous travels?
3. What is the tapestry Kira is working on?
4. What is the amulet Seer wears?
5. How does Seer know Matty and Kira have entered Forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Kira scorned by the people of her village and why is she needed?
2. What is the memory Matty has about Jean as he's talking to Kira when they camp for the first night in Forest? What does he tell Kira about Jean?
3. What does Matty say about the comparison of Frolic's death with that of Branch?
4. What do Kira and Leader say when Kira reveals Matty's hope for his true name?
5. Describe the discussion between Leader and Matty about Matty's gift.
6. What is the message Seer asks Matty to give Kira and why is Matty supposed to give Kira a message at all?
7. What are Matty's first injuries from Forest and what does he know it means?
8. What are some of the changes Matty notes about Forest as he begins his journey?
9. What are some of the ways Forest attacks Leader?
10. What does Matty see in the tapestry Kira made for her father and what does he say when Jean questions him about it?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)