|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like as Matty is preparing to leave?
(a) It's raining.
(b) It's sunny and very hot.
(c) It's cloudy but hot.
(d) It's snowing.
2. What does Matty see is wrong with Kira's feet?
(b) The twisted leg is badly bruised.
(c) Both feet are swollen .
(d) She's bleeding.
3. What are Matty's arms like by the second afternoon?
(d) All the above.
4. What happens to those building the wall in Village as Matty's power is unleashed on the earth?
(a) They sit down to wait for instruction from Leader.
(b) They listen to the sounds and wonder what to do.
(c) They stop their work.
(d) They work faster.
5. What tips Matty off that Frolic has eaten a bird?
(a) Frolic isn't hungry .
(b) A feather in his whiskers.
(c) Frolic brings the bird to the camp.
(d) Matty hears the bird's dying sounds.
6. What weapon does Leader say he needs in order to rescue Matty and Kira?
(a) A knife.
(c) A map.
(d) Only their gifts.
7. What does Kira learn when she uses her tapestry?
(a) That Leader is coming for them.
(b) That Forest will soon die.
(c) That they will live to reach Village.
(d) That Sser is coming for them.
8. What does Matty plan to carry inside his shirt?
(a) Food for snacks.
(c) Herbs in case he becomes ill.
(d) The messages.
9. What happens to Leader as Matty's power is unleashed on the earth?
(a) His body heals and he reaches out to Matty.
(b) His body heals and he reaches out to Kira.
(c) He slumps down and falls asleep.
(d) He is freed from the vines that had trapped him.
10. What does Leader say was the very first thing he saw "beyond?"
(a) A garden.
(b) A frog.
(d) An apple.
11. What does Kira use to push her way past bushes and vines that have grown across the path/
(a) Her tapestry frame.
(b) Her walking stick.
(c) Her hands.
(d) A branch.
12. What happens to Matty after he slices through some of the vines?
(a) Nothing but Kira is burned by the acidic juice.
(b) An acidic juice burns his arms.
(c) He becomes afraid that they won't get through Forest.
(d) He becomes entangled in them again and again.
13. What is the result on Kira when Matty's power is unleashed on the earth?
(a) Her body heals and she moves toward Matty.
(b) She begins to breath easy and falls asleep.
(c) She wakes and begins to cry.
(d) Her body heals and she reaches out to Leader.
14. What does Matty see in a tapestry design Kira creates?
(a) Kira emerging at Village.
(b) Kira and Leader holding hands.
(c) Matty, Kira and Frolic entering Forest.
(d) Kira and her father holding hands.
15. What is the meeting of Kira and Leader's minds compared to?
(a) Wisps of smoke.
(d) Waves on an ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kira provide for Matty to eat?
2. What does Matty use mud for after they complete their journey through the swamp?
3. What does Leader say Matty's true name is?
4. What happens to Matty when he tries to raise himself to see Kira's work?
5. What does Matty eat for breakfast as they prepare to leave for Village?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)