|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kira eating as they prepare for their first night in Forest?
(b) Nuts and berries.
(c) An apple.
2. What does Matty see in the tapestry is happening at Village?
(a) People are waiting for Matty's return.
(b) They're holding another Trade Mart.
(c) They're turning people away from Village.
(d) They're building a wall around Village.
3. Who gave Matty his first bath?
(b) His brother.
(d) His mother.
4. What happens to Matty when he tries to raise himself to see Kira's work?
(a) Kira pushes him away.
(b) He faints.
(c) His nose begins to bleed.
(d) He realizes he can no longer see.
5. What does Kira provide for Matty to eat?
(a) Scrambled eggs and toast.
(b) Meat and potatoes.
(c) Bread, cheese and milk.
6. What is the new ailment Matty has?
(a) He can't see.
(b) A broken leg.
(c) He can't hear.
(d) A nose bleed.
7. What does Leader say Matty's true name is?
8. What is the amulet Seer wears?
(a) A dreamcatcher.
(b) A broken stone.
(c) A bag of herbs.
(d) Half a heart.
9. What is the meeting of Kira and Leader's minds compared to?
(a) Wisps of smoke.
(b) Waves on an ocean.
10. What does Leader say was the very first thing he saw "beyond?"
(a) A garden.
(b) An apple.
(d) A frog.
11. What tips Matty off that Frolic has eaten a bird?
(a) Frolic isn't hungry .
(b) Frolic brings the bird to the camp.
(c) Matty hears the bird's dying sounds.
(d) A feather in his whiskers.
12. What is the result on Kira when Matty's power is unleashed on the earth?
(a) Her body heals and she moves toward Matty.
(b) Her body heals and she reaches out to Leader.
(c) She begins to breath easy and falls asleep.
(d) She wakes and begins to cry.
13. What does Matty do to demonstrate his gift?
(a) Slices Frolic's leg.
(b) Touches Kira's ankle.
(c) Shows her the frog.
(d) Stabs himself with a knife.
14. What does Matty tell Kira about the horrible smell that's coming from Forest?
(a) That it means there's something horrible happening.
(c) That it's not normal.
(d) That it's normal.
15. What is Matty waiting for when his hands begin to vibrate?
(a) For more instruction from Leader.
(b) For more instruction from Kira.
(c) To learn what he's supposed to do.
(d) To die
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matty eat for breakfast as they prepare to leave for Village?
2. What does Matty plan to carry inside his shirt?
3. Why does Matty say that returning to Kira's village is not really an option?
4. What is the weather like as Matty is preparing to leave?
5. What does Leader say when his mind first meets Kira's?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)