|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Leader see is ahead for Matty and Kira?
(a) A lack of food.
(b) Greater difficulties.
(c) An easier path.
(d) Stagnant water.
2. What does Kira say about her sight after Leader has entered Forest?
(a) That she can clearly see Leader's arrival.
(b) That it's blurry.
(c) That she can clearly see her own death.
(d) That she can clearly see Matty's death.
3. What does Matty see in the tapestry is happening at Village?
(a) They're building a wall around Village.
(b) People are waiting for Matty's return.
(c) They're turning people away from Village.
(d) They're holding another Trade Mart.
4. What does Matty note about Kira's eyes when she's working on the tapestry?
(a) Her eyes are closed.
(b) He can't see her eyes.
(c) Her eyes are open but focused on the tapestry.
(d) Her eyes are open but unseeing.
5. How does Leader find the path after he's become lost?
(a) He hears Kira calling to him.
(b) He hears Frolic barking.
(c) He uses his gift.
(d) The frog shows him the way.
6. What tips Matty off that Frolic has eaten a bird?
(a) A feather in his whiskers.
(b) Frolic isn't hungry .
(c) Frolic brings the bird to the camp.
(d) Matty hears the bird's dying sounds.
7. How many days remain before Village will be closed on the day Matty and Kira enter Forest?
8. What happens when Matty sits on a log that he'd always used for a bench during his previous travels?
(a) He's immediately hit with the stench of decaying matter.
(b) He can't find it.
(c) He is almost instantly covered with vines.
(d) It crumbles and breaks apart.
9. What does Kira provide for Matty to eat?
(a) Meat and potatoes.
(b) Bread, cheese and milk.
(d) Scrambled eggs and toast.
10. Who wears a matching amulet?
(c) No one.
11. Who gave Matty his first bath?
(a) His brother.
(d) His mother.
12. What happens to Matty when he tries to raise himself to see Kira's work?
(a) He faints.
(b) His nose begins to bleed.
(c) Kira pushes him away.
(d) He realizes he can no longer see.
13. What does Matty plan to carry inside his shirt?
(a) Food for snacks.
(c) The messages.
(d) Herbs in case he becomes ill.
14. What does Matty do to demonstrate his gift?
(a) Stabs himself with a knife.
(b) Touches Kira's ankle.
(c) Slices Frolic's leg.
(d) Shows her the frog.
15. What is Kira drinking as she and Matty talk about their gifts?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matty tell Kira about the horrible smell that's coming from Forest?
2. What does Kira learn when she uses her tapestry?
3. What happens to those building the wall in Village as Matty's power is unleashed on the earth?
4. What does Kira say when her mind first meets Leader's?
5. What does Kira use to push her way past bushes and vines that have grown across the path/
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)