|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean do while she's talking to Matty about her father?
(a) Rearranges the items on her table.
(b) Pets the puppy.
(c) Opens a book that her father once read to her.
(d) Twists her apron in her hand.
2. Where does Seer say he got the bread for their supper?
(a) Ramon's mother baked it.
(b) At the marketplace.
(c) A neighbor brought it.
(d) Seer baked it himself.
3. Where does Jean say her father is when Matty arrives?
(a) Teaching school.
(b) Visiting Stocktender's widow.
(c) At a meeting of those who want to close Village.
(d) Talking with Leader.
4. What does Matty initially plan to do with the frog's injured leg?
(a) Rub herbs on it.
(b) Put it in a splint.
(d) Cut it off.
5. What is the defect of Mentor?
(a) A red birthmark on his face.
(b) A serious limp.
(c) One arm is smaller than the other.
(d) A red birthmark on his leg.
6. What is Matty's punishment when he makes a mistake?
(a) He's spanked.
(b) He's not allowed to fish for a week.
(c) He's not allowed to attend school that day.
(d) He has to weed the garden all afternoon.
7. What is the news Ramon shouts to Matty?
(a) That he has new candy in the Gaming Machine.
(b) That another man has been found dead.
(c) That there's a meeting and everyone must come.
(d) That there is a group of new people coming .
8. Who does Matty say has recently been to a Trade Mart?
9. Who does Matty see beside the new woman he'd talked to earlier?
(d) Her son.
10. What does Matty notice about all the people at the Trade Mart?
(a) None of them have anything to trade.
(b) Everyone is loaded with things to trade.
(c) They all seem excited.
(d) They all seem sad.
11. What is wrong with the frog Leader sees in Forest?
(a) It has a stiff back leg.
(b) It is unable to croack.
(c) It is blind.
(d) It is unable to catch insects.
12. What does Mentor say the puppy had done earlier that day?
(a) Turned over a flower pot.
(b) Chased his tail.
(c) Eaten a great deal.
(d) Chewed Mentor's shoes.
14. What does Seer say they'll cook with the onion Matty has browned with butter?
15. How does Matty measure his height?
(a) Against the doorframe.
(b) With a tape measure.
(c) Against the window.
(d) Against the old man he lives with.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the woman say she had to leave behind?
2. What is the smell Matty detects as he arrives at the Trade Mart?
3. What does Matty say he called himself when he first arrived at Village?
4. How many people does Seer say are grieving for Gatherer?
5. What does Matty say is his reason for going there?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)