|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Matty say he plans to vote on the issue of closing Village to outsiders?
(a) He'll vote to close Village only until more houses can be built.
(b) He'll vote to leave Village open.
(c) He can't yet vote.
(d) He'll vote to close Village.
2. What does Matty say Ramon's mother traded for?
(a) Another gaming machine.
(c) A new house.
(d) Candy for her gaming machine.
3. How was the frog injured?
(a) A wagon ran over it.
(b) A log fell on it.
(c) Matty stepped on it.
(d) A snake bit it.
4. How many people does Seer say are grieving for Gatherer?
(a) At least twelve.
(b) No more than eight.
(c) Too many to count.
(d) Four or five.
5. What is on the porch when Matty goes by Jean's house?
(a) A rocking chair.
(b) A pot of flowers.
(c) A table with a plate and glass.
(d) A spotted dog.
6. What does Matty initially plan to do with the frog's injured leg?
(a) Rub herbs on it.
(b) Put it in a splint.
(c) Cut it off.
7. Where does Matty tell Ramon he's going?
(a) To Village.
(c) To Forest .
(d) To Jean's house.
8. What is Mentor's job?
(a) He provides answers to people with problems.
(b) He teaches men how to repair things.
(c) He's leader of a group of thinkers.
(d) He's a school teacher.
9. What does Mentor say the puppy had done earlier that day?
(a) Chewed Mentor's shoes.
(b) Chased his tail.
(c) Eaten a great deal.
(d) Turned over a flower pot.
10. What is Matty's punishment when he makes a mistake?
(a) He's not allowed to attend school that day.
(b) He's not allowed to fish for a week.
(c) He has to weed the garden all afternoon.
(d) He's spanked.
11. Where does Matty's mother live now?
(a) In Village near Mentor.
(b) In a village across the river.
(c) Just at the edge of Forest.
(d) She's dead.
12. Where is the puppy when Matty arrives?
(a) In the yard.
(b) In Jean's arms.
(c) In the living room.
(d) In the shed.
13. What does Matty do just before lighting the lamp?
(a) Cleans the soot from the chimney.
(b) Flips a switch.
(c) Makes certain there's no oil spilled on the table.
(d) Checks for oil.
15. Why does Matty wish he was grown?
(a) So he could decide what and if he wants to eat.
(b) So he doesn't have to run errands .
(c) So he won't have to go to school.
(d) So he can get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Seer say he wants Matty to bring back from another village?
2. What does Matty say he called himself when he first arrived at Village?
3. How many brothers and sisters does Matty have?
4. What does Matty notice about all the people at the Trade Mart?
5. What does Leader say he'd like to do when he's old?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)