|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What announcement is made about an event the following night?
(a) Trade Mart's location has been moved.
(b) Only adults will be allowed to attend Trade Mart.
(c) It's the night for Trade Mart.
(d) Trade Mart has been canceled.
2. How many people does Seer say are grieving for Gatherer?
(a) Too many to count.
(b) At least twelve.
(c) No more than eight.
(d) Four or five.
3. What does Matty note about Mentor when he sees him in Village?
(a) The color of Mentor's birthmark is lighter.
(b) Mentor seems happier.
(c) Mentor is no longer limping.
(d) Mentor seems angry.
4. Who is Jean's father?
(a) No one knows.
5. What does Matty hope his true name will be?
6. Why does Seer light a lamp as Matty is preparing to leave?
(a) He doesn't light a lamp.
(b) In case Matty comes home after dark.
(c) So their guests can see to eat.
(d) So Seer can finish a needlepoint.
7. What does Jean say she believes her father has traded?
(a) His deepest self.
(c) Matty's power.
(d) His ability to teach.
8. What does Seer say about Ramon's voice among those keening?
(a) That Ramon has learned well.
(b) That Ramon is nearly a man.
(c) That Ramon has a cough.
(d) That Ramon doesn't know how to keen correctly.
9. How did Trade Mart begin?
(a) It began as an opportunity to trade extra produce.
(b) It began as a way to obtain things from outside the village.
(c) No one remembers.
(d) It began as a way to trade recipes and information.
10. What is Mentor's job?
(a) He's a school teacher.
(b) He provides answers to people with problems.
(c) He's leader of a group of thinkers.
(d) He teaches men how to repair things.
11. What does Matty draw in the dirt near Jean's house?
(b) A heart with both their names.
(c) A skull and crossbones.
(d) Two people holding hands.
12. What does Matty do just before lighting the lamp?
(a) Flips a switch.
(b) Cleans the soot from the chimney.
(c) Makes certain there's no oil spilled on the table.
(d) Checks for oil.
13. What does Seer say they'll cook with the onion Matty has browned with butter?
14. What is Matty planning to buy at the marketplace?
(b) A book.
15. What does Matty say is his reason for going there?
(a) He's delivering a message.
(b) He wants to see the new puppies.
(c) Seer has sent for him.
(d) He's taking soup to a neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sled a symbol for?
2. What is the handicap of the new woman Matty stops to talk with?
3. What does Seer say is Leader's gift?
4. Where does Matty tell Ramon he's going?
5. Which of the following was not among the things Matty brought in for a salad?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)