|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people does Seer say are grieving for Gatherer?
(a) No more than eight.
(b) Four or five.
(c) At least twelve.
(d) Too many to count.
2. What does Matty do just before lighting the lamp?
(a) Flips a switch.
(b) Makes certain there's no oil spilled on the table.
(c) Checks for oil.
(d) Cleans the soot from the chimney.
3. What does Matty realize about Mentor?
(a) That he seems unhappy.
(b) That he has a girlfriend.
(c) That he seems confident.
(d) That he's lost weight.
4. What does Jean do while she's talking to Matty about her father?
(a) Opens a book that her father once read to her.
(b) Pets the puppy.
(c) Twists her apron in her hand.
(d) Rearranges the items on her table.
5. What is being proposed as a new rule in Village?
(a) To close it to outsiders.
(b) To create a new form of government.
(c) To elect a new leader.
(d) To make new rules about sharing food.
6. Who does the woman say she had to leave behind?
(a) A son.
(b) Her parents
(c) Her brother..
(d) Her other children.
7. Who does Matty say has recently been to a Trade Mart?
8. What does Matty do with the puppy during the meeting
(a) Keeps him on a leash.
(b) Lets the children play with him.
(c) Leaves him at home.
(d) Carries him inside his jacket.
9. What does Matty notice about all the people at the Trade Mart?
(a) None of them have anything to trade.
(b) Everyone is loaded with things to trade.
(c) They all seem sad.
(d) They all seem excited.
10. What does Mentor say the puppy had done earlier that day?
(a) Chewed Mentor's shoes.
(b) Eaten a great deal.
(c) Chased his tail.
(d) Turned over a flower pot.
11. What does Seer say about Ramon's voice among those keening?
(a) That Ramon has learned well.
(b) That Ramon doesn't know how to keen correctly.
(c) That Ramon has a cough.
(d) That Ramon is nearly a man.
12. What kind of stringed instrument does Seer play in the evenings?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A mandolin.
(c) A fiddle.
(d) The book doesn't say.
13. What does Matty say Ramon's mother traded for?
(b) A new house.
(c) Candy for her gaming machine.
(d) Another gaming machine.
14. What extra item does Jean tuck into the wrapping of the bread Matty buys?
(b) A flower.
(c) A cookie.
(d) A small cake.
15. Who does Matty see beside the new woman he'd talked to earlier?
(a) Her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Matty measure his height?
2. Why does Ramon say he has to go home?
3. What is Mentor's nickname?
4. What are Matty and Seer doing when Ramon comes by with the news?
5. Why does Matty go to pick up the puppy from Jean's house?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)