|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whose perspective is MENESETEUNG told?
(b) Mrs. Roth.
(d) A narrator.
2. Almeda's family's home sits on what street?
3. What is the name of the local newspaper in town?
4. How many years have passed since the publication of Almeda's book?
5. Which of the following roles did Almeda not assume for her father after the death of her mother?
(d) Business partner.
6. According to Almeda, men are ______________ creatures.
7. What is Jarvis Poulter's marital status?
8. Where is there speculation about a courtship between Jarvis and Almeda?
(a) In church.
(b) In the women's clubs.
(c) In the restaurants.
(d) In the Vidette.
9. What was the nature of Almeda's father's business?
(a) Dry goods.
10. What is the source of Almeda's social withdrawal?
(a) Her speech impediment.
(b) Her limp.
(c) The death of her family members.
(d) Her facial scars.
11. What format is MENESETEUNG?
(c) Short story.
12. Which of the following does the narrator not mention as inhabiting the town?
(b) Con men.
13. Jarvis never escorts Almeda to _____________.
(a) The theater.
(b) The church social.
14. In what year do the events of Section 2 occur?
15. What is Almeda's social status in town?
(a) Middle class.
(c) Lower class.
(d) Upper class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's name?
2. Which of the following does not contribute to the beauty of the swamp?
3. Who is the protagonist of the story?
4. How can Jarvis Poulter's lifestyle be characterized?
5. How did Almeda's younger brother and sister die?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)