|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe the picture of Almeda in the book?
(a) Only 25.
(c) Gray hair.
(d) Rather plain.
2. Almeda waits for Jarvis to ________________________.
(a) Ask her to dinner.
(b) Make the first romantic move.
(c) Finish his tea.
(d) Take her out driving
3. Which of the following does Almeda not have any skill for?
4. What is the name of the local newspaper in town?
5. Almeda has no instincts for _________________.
(a) Martial arts.
(b) Musical arts.
(c) Visual arts.
(d) Domestic arts.
6. How long is school in session each year?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 4 months.
7. Which of the following does not enter into Almeda's idea of what marriage would be like?
8. Where is there speculation about a courtship between Jarvis and Almeda?
(a) In the Vidette.
(b) In the women's clubs.
(c) In church.
(d) In the restaurants.
9. What format is MENESETEUNG?
(b) Short story.
10. What can Almeda see from her window?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The meadow.
(d) The swamp.
11. What is Jarvis considered to be regarding marriage?
(a) Not a good match for Almeda.
(b) A confirmed bachelor.
(c) A loser.
(d) A suitable prospect.
12. What is the title of one of Almeda's poems?
(a) Complaints from the Mouth of Meneseteung.
(b) Champagne Bubbles Tickle My Mouth.
(c) Drinking Champagne on the Meneseteung.
(d) Champlain at the Mouth of the Meneseteung.
13. Jarvis had come to town to make a fortune in ___________.
14. Section 3 introduces which character?
(a) Jared Pouter.
(b) Jarvis Porter.
(c) Jarvis Poulter.
(d) Jarvis Portman.
15. Who is the person that the boys of the town constantly harass?
(a) Mr. Booker.
(d) Queen Aggie.
Short Answer Questions
1. The fact that Almeda is an independent spirit and does not fit into 1800s society but would be applauded in the 1990s is called ______________.
2. In what business is Jarvis Poulter engaged?
3. Almeda thinks that married women have to _____________________.
4. In what year was the book of poetry written?
5. Which of the following is not a typical focus of Almeda's work?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)