|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys of the town have time to do?
(a) Roam the streets looking for trouble.
(b) Clear new roads.
(c) Get part time jobs.
(d) Learn new trades.
2. What is the time period of MENESETEUNG?
3. What is Almeda's social status in town?
(b) Upper class.
(c) Lower class.
(d) Middle class.
4. What is the name of the local newspaper in town?
5. What would Almeda like to receive from Jarvis?
(a) Some romantic attentions.
(b) Some stock advice.
(c) Funding for the new library.
(d) His vote for city council member.
6. How many years have passed since the publication of Almeda's book?
7. The Ontario of Almeda's time was called ______________________.
(a) Canada's Best.
(b) Canada's Beginning.
(c) The true Canada.
(d) Canada West.
8. According to Almeda, men are ______________ creatures.
9. Almeda has no instincts for _________________.
(a) Martial arts.
(b) Visual arts.
(c) Domestic arts.
(d) Musical arts.
10. What is Jarvis Poulter's marital status?
11. Almeda can smell soap and ______________ scents on Jarvis' jacket.
(b) After shave.
(d) Hair tonic.
12. Which of the following does the narrator not mention as inhabiting the town?
(c) Con men.
13. Almeda is not considered to be _______________ yet.
(a) An old maid.
(b) A philanthropist.
(c) A wealthy woman.
(d) An accomplished author.
14. How long is school in session each year?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 12 months.
15. In what year do the events of Section 2 occur?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who built the home in which Almeda lives?
2. How did Almeda's younger brother and sister die?
3. What would Almeda regret if she were to go on a drive in the country with Jarvis?
4. How long has Jarvis Poulter been in town?
5. Almeda keeps her distance both physically and _______________ in town.
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)