|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the book from which the lines at the beginning of each section are taken?
2. Almeda's family's home sits on what street?
3. The Ontario of Almeda's time was called ______________________.
(a) Canada West.
(b) Canada's Best.
(c) The true Canada.
(d) Canada's Beginning.
4. Which of the following does Almeda not have any skill for?
5. Who is the author of MENESETEUNG?
(a) Alice Monrovia.
(b) Alicia Monroe.
(c) Allison Munro.
(d) Alice Munro.
6. In what business is Jarvis Poulter engaged?
(b) Salt mines.
7. How do the boys in town move Queen Aggie from place to place?
(a) On a horse.
(b) In a car.
(c) In a wagon.
(d) In a wheelbarrow.
8. Who is the person that the boys of the town constantly harass?
(a) Queen Aggie.
(c) Mr. Booker.
9. How does the author show Almeda's naivete about the life of the lower class people in town?
(a) She does not give to charities.
(b) She thinks the swamp is beautiful.
(c) She never goes outside or talks to anyone.
(d) She always gives to charities.
10. Almeda has no instincts for _________________.
(a) Musical arts.
(b) Visual arts.
(c) Martial arts.
(d) Domestic arts.
11. How long has Jarvis Poulter been in town?
(a) A few years.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few months.
12. Which of the following roles did Almeda not assume for her father after the death of her mother?
(c) Business partner.
13. Jarvis never escorts Almeda to _____________.
(a) The church social.
(d) The theater.
14. Section 2 explains the _________________ in the town.
(d) Class distinction.
15. With what would Jarvis interfere if Almeda were to take a drive with him in the country?
(a) Her gathering wildflowers.
(b) Her fishing.
(c) The birds singing.
(d) Her reveries on nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe the picture of Almeda in the book?
2. What was the nature of Almeda's father's business?
3. Jarvis had come to town to make a fortune in ___________.
4. Which of the following is not the typical assumption for a woman's life in the late a1880s?
5. How does Almeda always try to conduct herself in town?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)