|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Almeda, men are ______________ creatures.
2. How long is school in session each year?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 4 months.
3. Which of the following does not describe Almeda?
4. Almeda's house is on the corner of Pearl and ___________ Streets.
5. The fact that Almeda is an independent spirit and does not fit into 1800s society but would be applauded in the 1990s is called ______________.
6. Who is the author of MENESETEUNG?
(a) Alice Monrovia.
(b) Alicia Monroe.
(c) Alice Munro.
(d) Allison Munro.
7. What is the time period of MENESETEUNG?
8. What was the nature of Almeda's father's business?
(c) Dry goods.
9. Where does Almeda think that Jarvis might take her?
(a) The opera.
(b) A ride in the country.
(c) Dinner and dancing.
(d) Church social.
10. Which of the following is not the typical assumption for a woman's life in the late a1880s?
(c) Unmarried poet.
11. Where does Jarvis Pouter live?
(a) Two blocks away from Almeda.
(b) Two lots away from Almeda.
(c) On the other side of town from Almeda.
(d) Two streets over from Almeda.
12. How does the author show Almeda's naivete about the life of the lower class people in town?
(a) She thinks the swamp is beautiful.
(b) She never goes outside or talks to anyone.
(c) She does not give to charities.
(d) She always gives to charities.
13. Jarvis has given Almeda ______________________.
(a) No indication of romantic interests.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) Some stock in his company.
(d) Investment tips.
14. All the people in town are under what age?
15. Almeda's lifestyle could be characterized as _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the boys in town move Queen Aggie from place to place?
2. What is the source of Almeda's social withdrawal?
3. What is the undesirable part of town called?
4. In what year was the book of poetry written?
5. Jarvis had come to town to make a fortune in ___________.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)