|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Queen Aggie?
(a) She has a white streak on the front of her hair.
(b) She can put her legs behind her head.
(c) She can speak ten languages.
(d) She is always drunk.
2. Who is the author of MENESETEUNG?
(a) Alice Monrovia.
(b) Allison Munro.
(c) Alice Munro.
(d) Alicia Monroe.
3. What does Jarvis Poulter take from the town to save money at home?
(a) Water and coal.
(b) Water and gas.
(c) Water and food.
(d) Food and coal.
4. Which of the following roles did Almeda not assume for her father after the death of her mother?
(c) Business partner.
5. According to Almeda, men are ______________ creatures.
6. Which of the following does Almeda not have any skill for?
7. All the people in town are under what age?
8. The Ontario of Almeda's time was called ______________________.
(a) Canada's Best.
(b) The true Canada.
(c) Canada West.
(d) Canada's Beginning.
9. Almeda can smell soap and ______________ scents on Jarvis' jacket.
(c) Hair tonic.
(d) After shave.
10. Jarvis had come to town to make a fortune in ___________.
11. How did Almeda's mother die?
(b) Heart attack.
12. Section 2 explains the _________________ in the town.
(b) Class distinction.
13. What is the undesirable part of town called?
(b) Skid Row.
(d) Pearl Street swamp.
14. The fact that Almeda is an independent spirit and does not fit into 1800s society but would be applauded in the 1990s is called ______________.
15. What is Jarvis considered to be regarding marriage?
(a) A loser.
(b) A suitable prospect.
(c) Not a good match for Almeda.
(d) A confirmed bachelor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Almeda's family's home sits on what street?
2. Which of the following is not the typical assumption for a woman's life in the late a1880s?
3. Jarvis has given Almeda ______________________.
4. Which of the following does not contribute to the beauty of the swamp?
5. What does Jarvis do with Almeda on Sundays?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)