|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of life does Almeda instinctively desire?
2. What is the name of the book from which the lines at the beginning of each section are taken?
3. How does the author show Almeda's naivete about the life of the lower class people in town?
(a) She does not give to charities.
(b) She always gives to charities.
(c) She thinks the swamp is beautiful.
(d) She never goes outside or talks to anyone.
4. How many sections are included in MENESETEUNG?
5. What is the name of the local newspaper in town?
6. Which of the following does not contribute to the beauty of the swamp?
(d) Tall trees.
7. How can Jarvis Poulter's lifestyle be characterized?
(a) Completely masculine.
8. Almeda waits for Jarvis to ________________________.
(a) Take her out driving
(b) Make the first romantic move.
(c) Finish his tea.
(d) Ask her to dinner.
9. With what does each of the sections begin?
(a) A few lines from Shakespeare.
(b) A few lines written by the protagonist.
(c) A few lines from Thoreau.
(d) A few lines from Whitman.
10. How did Almeda's mother die?
(c) Heart attack.
11. Jarvis has given Almeda ______________________.
(a) No indication of romantic interests.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) Some stock in his company.
(d) Investment tips.
12. Almeda's lifestyle could be characterized as _______________.
13. Which of the Great Lakes is Champlain said to have sailed?
(a) Lake Superior.
(b) Lake Huron.
(c) Lake Ontario.
(d) Lake Erie.
14. Jarvis had come to town to make a fortune in ___________.
15. From what does Almeda suffer?
(a) High blood pressure.
(c) Societal pressures to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the boys in town move Queen Aggie from place to place?
2. What does Almeda try to project around Jarvis?
3. Who is the person that the boys of the town constantly harass?
4. According to Almeda, men are ______________ creatures.
5. Who is the author of MENESETEUNG?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)