|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What format is MENESETEUNG?
(b) Short story.
2. Jarvis never escorts Almeda to _____________.
(c) The theater.
(d) The church social.
3. Which of the following is not a typical focus of Almeda's work?
(b) Urban settings.
4. What is the time period of MENESETEUNG?
5. Almeda's family's home sits on what street?
6. Almeda waits for Jarvis to ________________________.
(a) Take her out driving
(b) Ask her to dinner.
(c) Make the first romantic move.
(d) Finish his tea.
7. In what business is Jarvis Poulter engaged?
(b) Salt mines.
8. How many sections are included in MENESETEUNG?
9. How long has Jarvis Poulter been in town?
(a) A few days.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A few years.
(d) A few months.
10. Where does Almeda think that Jarvis might take her?
(a) Church social.
(b) The opera.
(c) A ride in the country.
(d) Dinner and dancing.
11. Which of the following does the narrator not mention as inhabiting the town?
(d) Con men.
12. From what does Almeda suffer?
(c) High blood pressure.
(d) Societal pressures to marry.
13. Almeda is not considered to be _______________ yet.
(a) A philanthropist.
(b) An accomplished author.
(c) An old maid.
(d) A wealthy woman.
14. The fact that Almeda is an independent spirit and does not fit into 1800s society but would be applauded in the 1990s is called ______________.
15. How do the boys in town move Queen Aggie from place to place?
(a) In a car.
(b) On a horse.
(c) In a wagon.
(d) In a wheelbarrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Almeda's house is on the corner of Pearl and ___________ Streets.
2. How long is school in session each year?
3. In what year do the events of Section 2 occur?
4. How many years have passed since the publication of Almeda's book?
5. What is unique about Queen Aggie?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)