|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Jarvis Poulter's lifestyle be characterized?
(b) Completely masculine.
2. What is the role of the narrator in MENESETEUNG?
(a) Greek chorus.
(b) Stage manager.
(c) Curious observer.
3. What is Almeda's social status in town?
(a) Middle class.
(b) Lower class.
(c) Upper class.
4. Which of the following does not contribute to the beauty of the swamp?
(c) Tall trees.
5. Almeda's house is on the corner of Pearl and ___________ Streets.
6. How many sections are included in MENESETEUNG?
7. How does Almeda always try to conduct herself in town?
(a) With lots of friends.
(b) With lots of fun.
(c) Without speaking to anyone.
(d) With propriety.
8. What does Jarvis do with Almeda on Sundays?
(a) Takes her to the theater.
(b) Takes her to brunch.
(c) Takes her out driving.
(d) Walks her home from church.
9. When does Almeda think the swamp is the loveliest?
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) The morning.
(d) High noon.
10. Which of the following is not the typical assumption for a woman's life in the late a1880s?
(c) Unmarried poet.
11. Where does Almeda stay most of the time?
(a) At her best friend's house.
(b) At school.
(c) At home.
(d) At church.
12. What was the nature of Almeda's father's business?
(a) Dry goods.
13. Which of the following does not describe Almeda?
14. Almeda is not considered to be _______________ yet.
(a) A wealthy woman.
(b) An old maid.
(c) An accomplished author.
(d) A philanthropist.
15. In what year do the events of Section 2 occur?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Almeda's spirit portrayed in the story?
2. How did Almeda's younger brother and sister die?
3. Almeda's lifestyle could be characterized as _______________.
4. Who is the protagonist of the story?
5. All the people in town are under what age?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)