|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is school in session each year?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 9 months.
2. How many years have passed since the publication of Almeda's book?
3. Where does Jarvis Pouter live?
(a) Two streets over from Almeda.
(b) Two lots away from Almeda.
(c) On the other side of town from Almeda.
(d) Two blocks away from Almeda.
4. What is the name of the local newspaper in town?
5. MENESETEUNG is the story of a __________________.
6. According to Almeda, men are ______________ creatures.
7. What is the time period of MENESETEUNG?
8. In what year do the events of Section 2 occur?
9. When does Almeda think the swamp is the loveliest?
(b) High noon.
(c) The morning.
(d) Late afternoon.
10. What is unique about Queen Aggie?
(a) She is always drunk.
(b) She can put her legs behind her head.
(c) She can speak ten languages.
(d) She has a white streak on the front of her hair.
11. Almeda keeps her distance both physically and _______________ in town.
12. What format is MENESETEUNG?
(b) Short story.
13. Almeda has no instincts for _________________.
(a) Musical arts.
(b) Visual arts.
(c) Martial arts.
(d) Domestic arts.
14. What was the nature of Almeda's father's business?
(a) Dry goods.
15. Which of the following does not describe the picture of Almeda in the book?
(a) Gray hair.
(b) Rather plain.
(c) Only 25.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Almeda like to receive from Jarvis?
2. What is Jarvis Poulter's marital status?
3. Where is there speculation about a courtship between Jarvis and Almeda?
4. Almeda's house is on the corner of Pearl and ___________ Streets.
5. Almeda is removed from _________________ in the town.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)