|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Almeda stay most of the time?
(a) At home.
(b) At church.
(c) At school.
(d) At her best friend's house.
2. Which of the following does Almeda not prefer to do?
(a) Write poetry.
3. According to Almeda, marriage would mean __________________ existence.
(a) A fun-filled.
(b) A joyful.
(c) An austere.
(d) An exhilirating.
4. How did Almeda's mother die?
(c) Heart attack.
5. What is Almeda's social status in town?
(a) Middle class.
(b) Upper class.
(c) Lower class.
6. Almeda lives in a ________________ society.
7. How does the author show Almeda's naivete about the life of the lower class people in town?
(a) She thinks the swamp is beautiful.
(b) She always gives to charities.
(c) She never goes outside or talks to anyone.
(d) She does not give to charities.
8. Which of the following does not describe Almeda?
9. What did Almeda's father leave her when he died?
(a) The family home and estate.
(b) The family business.
(c) A pile of debts.
(d) There was nothing to leave.
10. What is Jarvis considered to be regarding marriage?
(a) A loser.
(b) Not a good match for Almeda.
(c) A suitable prospect.
(d) A confirmed bachelor.
11. How did Almeda's younger brother and sister die?
(a) Car accident.
(c) House fire.
12. In what year do the events of Section 2 occur?
13. What is the undesirable part of town called?
(c) Pearl Street swamp.
(d) Skid Row.
14. How is Almeda portrayed in the story?
(a) A dour spinster.
(b) A sickly girl.
(c) A vivacious young woman.
(d) A blushing bride.
15. What would Almeda regret if she were to go on a drive in the country with Jarvis?
(a) Losing an afternoon of reading.
(b) Not bringing a coat.
(c) Not having an umbrella.
(d) Jarvis' presence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about Queen Aggie?
2. When does Almeda think the swamp is the loveliest?
3. Where does Almeda think that Jarvis might take her?
4. Jarvis has given Almeda ______________________.
5. What does Almeda think she would be if Jarvis were to ask her for a drive in the country?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)