|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years have passed since the publication of Almeda's book?
2. Which of the following does Almeda not prefer to do?
(b) Write poetry.
3. In what business is Jarvis Poulter engaged?
(a) Salt mines.
4. In what year was the book of poetry written?
5. Who is the author of MENESETEUNG?
(a) Allison Munro.
(b) Alicia Monroe.
(c) Alice Munro.
(d) Alice Monrovia.
6. Almeda is not considered to be _______________ yet.
(a) A wealthy woman.
(b) An old maid.
(c) A philanthropist.
(d) An accomplished author.
7. How do the boys in town move Queen Aggie from place to place?
(a) On a horse.
(b) In a wagon.
(c) In a car.
(d) In a wheelbarrow.
8. What does Almeda think she would be if Jarvis were to ask her for a drive in the country?
9. Jarvis had come to town to make a fortune in ___________.
10. Which of the following is not a typical focus of Almeda's work?
(b) Urban settings.
11. What is the setting of MENESETEUNG?
(c) Harlem, New York.
(d) Ontario, Canada.
12. What would Almeda like to receive from Jarvis?
(a) Some stock advice.
(b) Funding for the new library.
(c) Some romantic attentions.
(d) His vote for city council member.
13. Where does Almeda stay most of the time?
(a) At home.
(b) At church.
(c) At school.
(d) At her best friend's house.
14. What does Almeda try to project around Jarvis?
(a) An aura of dependence.
(b) An aura of availability.
(c) An aura of reserve.
(d) An aura of assurance.
15. With what would Jarvis interfere if Almeda were to take a drive with him in the country?
(a) Her reveries on nature.
(b) Her fishing.
(c) The birds singing.
(d) Her gathering wildflowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does not contribute to the beauty of the swamp?
2. Which of the following does not enter into Almeda's idea of what marriage would be like?
3. Almeda has no need for ____________________.
4. What is the source of Almeda's social withdrawal?
5. What is unique about Almeda in her family?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)