|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Almeda not have any skill for?
2. Why does the town attract relatively young people?
(a) It is in a very cold climate.
(b) It has great schools.
(c) It has great outdoor recreation.
(d) It is an unsettled area.
3. Where is there speculation about a courtship between Jarvis and Almeda?
(a) In the restaurants.
(b) In the women's clubs.
(c) In the Vidette.
(d) In church.
4. Section 3 introduces which character?
(a) Jarvis Porter.
(b) Jarvis Poulter.
(c) Jared Pouter.
(d) Jarvis Portman.
5. The fact that Almeda is an independent spirit and does not fit into 1800s society but would be applauded in the 1990s is called ______________.
6. What do the boys of the town have time to do?
(a) Get part time jobs.
(b) Learn new trades.
(c) Roam the streets looking for trouble.
(d) Clear new roads.
7. Almeda's family's home sits on what street?
8. Almeda lives in a ________________ society.
9. In what year was the book of poetry written?
10. Which of the following does not describe Almeda?
11. When does Almeda think the swamp is the loveliest?
(b) The morning.
(c) High noon.
(d) Late afternoon.
12. Which of the following does not enter into Almeda's idea of what marriage would be like?
13. What is unique about Queen Aggie?
(a) She has a white streak on the front of her hair.
(b) She can speak ten languages.
(c) She is always drunk.
(d) She can put her legs behind her head.
14. Which of the following does not describe the picture of Almeda in the book?
(b) Rather plain.
(c) Gray hair.
(d) Only 25.
15. Almeda is not considered to be _______________ yet.
(a) A wealthy woman.
(b) A philanthropist.
(c) An accomplished author.
(d) An old maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Great Lakes is Champlain said to have sailed?
2. Jarvis has given Almeda ______________________.
3. How many years have passed since the publication of Almeda's book?
4. What format is MENESETEUNG?
5. Where does Almeda stay most of the time?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)