|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Jarvis Poulter's lifestyle be characterized?
(d) Completely masculine.
2. With what does each of the sections begin?
(a) A few lines from Shakespeare.
(b) A few lines from Thoreau.
(c) A few lines from Whitman.
(d) A few lines written by the protagonist.
3. What is the undesirable part of town called?
(c) Skid Row.
(d) Pearl Street swamp.
4. How does Almeda always try to conduct herself in town?
(a) With lots of friends.
(b) With propriety.
(c) Without speaking to anyone.
(d) With lots of fun.
5. What is the title of one of Almeda's poems?
(a) Drinking Champagne on the Meneseteung.
(b) Champagne Bubbles Tickle My Mouth.
(c) Champlain at the Mouth of the Meneseteung.
(d) Complaints from the Mouth of Meneseteung.
6. How is Almeda portrayed in the story?
(a) A sickly girl.
(b) A dour spinster.
(c) A vivacious young woman.
(d) A blushing bride.
7. Almeda's house is on the corner of Pearl and ___________ Streets.
8. Which of the following does Almeda not have any skill for?
9. How do the boys in town move Queen Aggie from place to place?
(a) In a wheelbarrow.
(b) On a horse.
(c) In a wagon.
(d) In a car.
10. In what business is Jarvis Poulter engaged?
(b) Salt mines.
11. Almeda is removed from _________________ in the town.
(b) Undesirable elements.
(c) The Garden Club.
(d) The Rotary Club.
12. According to Almeda, marriage would mean __________________ existence.
(a) A joyful.
(b) An austere.
(c) An exhilirating.
(d) A fun-filled.
13. Where is there speculation about a courtship between Jarvis and Almeda?
(a) In the Vidette.
(b) In church.
(c) In the restaurants.
(d) In the women's clubs.
14. Almeda lives in a ________________ society.
15. How many sections are included in MENESETEUNG?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Almeda like to receive from Jarvis?
2. Which of the following is not the typical assumption for a woman's life in the late a1880s?
3. What is the setting of MENESETEUNG?
4. Almeda would rather write about ____________ than cooking.
5. What is the name of the local newspaper in town?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)