|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe the picture of Almeda in the book?
(b) Gray hair.
(c) Only 25.
(d) Rather plain.
2. What do the boys of the town have time to do?
(a) Clear new roads.
(b) Get part time jobs.
(c) Roam the streets looking for trouble.
(d) Learn new trades.
3. Almeda thinks that married women have to _____________________.
(a) Mold their husbands.
(b) Deal with in-laws.
(c) Clean too much.
(d) Give up careers.
4. How many sections are included in MENESETEUNG?
5. How do the boys in town move Queen Aggie from place to place?
(a) In a wagon.
(b) In a car.
(c) On a horse.
(d) In a wheelbarrow.
6. What does Almeda think she would be if Jarvis were to ask her for a drive in the country?
7. Who built the home in which Almeda lives?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her father.
(c) Frank Lloyd Wright.
(d) An unknown man.
8. According to Almeda, marriage would mean __________________ existence.
(a) A fun-filled.
(b) A joyful.
(c) An austere.
(d) An exhilirating.
9. Almeda lives in a ________________ society.
10. Who is the person that the boys of the town constantly harass?
(b) Mr. Booker.
(c) Queen Aggie.
11. Section 2 explains the _________________ in the town.
(b) Class distinction.
12. Jarvis never escorts Almeda to _____________.
(a) The church social.
(d) The theater.
13. What is the setting of MENESETEUNG?
(c) Ontario, Canada.
(d) Harlem, New York.
14. From whose perspective is MENESETEUNG told?
(b) Mrs. Roth.
(c) A narrator.
15. Which of the following does not describe Almeda?
Short Answer Questions
1. Almeda waits for Jarvis to ________________________.
2. How did Almeda's younger brother and sister die?
3. Who is the author of MENESETEUNG?
4. From what does Almeda suffer?
5. What does Almeda try to project around Jarvis?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)