|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jarvis do to the woman at the gate?
(a) Helps her up.
(b) Spits on her.
(c) Throws water on her.
(d) Kicks her.
2. The narrator admits to the possibility of ___________ in the story.
(c) High drama.
(d) Poetic license.
3. Where does Almeda go after Jarvis leaves?
(a) The privy.
(b) A cafe.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) Back to bed.
4. What does Almeda assume about the woman slumped against her gate?
(a) She is homeless.
(b) She is drunk.
(c) She is a prostitute.
(d) She is dead.
5. Where does Almeda think that Jarvis might take her?
(a) A ride in the country.
(b) The opera.
(c) Dinner and dancing.
(d) Church social.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nature of Almeda's father's business?
2. How did Almeda's mother die?
3. Section 2 explains the _________________ in the town.
4. Where is there speculation about a courtship between Jarvis and Almeda?
5. What overflows in Almeda's house?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)