|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jarvis never escorts Almeda to _____________.
(a) The theater.
(c) The church social.
2. How often does Almeda take the nerve medicine?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Only once.
(c) Four times a day.
(d) With meals.
3. What would Almeda regret if she were to go on a drive in the country with Jarvis?
(a) Jarvis' presence.
(b) Not having an umbrella.
(c) Not bringing a coat.
(d) Losing an afternoon of reading.
4. What is Jarvis Poulter's marital status?
5. What does Jarvis decide to do with Almeda?
(a) He decides to give her stock tips.
(b) He decides to fix her up with a friend.
(c) He decides to go into business with her.
(d) He decides to court her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the doctor not recommend for Almeda?
2. What is unique about Almeda in her family?
3. What is the narrator's name?
4. Which of the following does not describe the picture of Almeda in the book?
5. What does Almeda assume about the woman slumped against her gate?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)