|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Almeda stay most of the time?
(a) At church.
(b) At home.
(c) At her best friend's house.
(d) At school.
2. What is unique about Queen Aggie?
(a) She can put her legs behind her head.
(b) She can speak ten languages.
(c) She has a white streak on the front of her hair.
(d) She is always drunk.
3. Where does Almeda think that Jarvis might take her?
(a) Church social.
(b) The opera.
(c) Dinner and dancing.
(d) A ride in the country.
4. How is Almeda portrayed in the story?
(a) A vivacious young woman.
(b) A blushing bride.
(c) A dour spinster.
(d) A sickly girl.
5. From what does Almeda suffer?
(a) High blood pressure.
(b) Societal pressures to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What format is MENESETEUNG?
2. What is the role of the narrator in MENESETEUNG?
3. Where is there speculation about a courtship between Jarvis and Almeda?
4. Which of the following is not the typical assumption for a woman's life in the late a1880s?
5. What is the narrator's name?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)