|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the Kimberley Club's chairman give to Louise for why she cannot ride her own horse in the rough ride?
(a) Louise is not a champion.
(b) Louise is a novice.
(c) Louise is an outsider.
(d) Louise is a woman.
2. At Jordan's luncheon, who presents Louise with a "perfect" diamond?
3. Who is charged with stamping out the I.D.B. on the diamond fields?
(a) Damian Williams.
(b) John Fry.
(c) Leander Jameson.
(d) Jan Cheroot.
4. What is a giya?
(a) The challenge dance of a warrior.
(b) The marriage dance of the Matabele.
(c) The seductive dance of a woman.
(d) The dueling dance of an Englishman.
5. Who witnesses the entire physical fight that occurs between Ralph and Zouga?
(a) Dr. Jameson.
(c) Jan Cheroot.
6. Who congratulates the nameless man on a "job well done"?
(a) Mark Sanderson.
(b) Cecil Rhodes.
(c) King Lobengula.
(d) Neville Pickering.
7. What does Zouga name the huge tract of the African interior that he owns?
8. How big is the largest diamond that the man who finds the enrichment finds?
(a) Eighteen carats.
(b) Twenty carats.
(c) Fifteen carats.
(d) Ten carats.
9. About how much could the green dragon be worth that the nameless man shows Zouga at their meeting?
(a) Five thousand pounds.
(b) Ten thousand pounds.
(c) Twenty thousand pounds.
(d) One thousand pounds.
10. Which character is a police officer?
(a) Cecil Rhodes.
(b) Leander Jameson.
(c) Hendrick Naaiman.
(d) Damian Williams.
11. Where does the meeting between Zouga and the nameless man take place?
(a) A tavern.
(b) A farmhouse.
(c) A church.
(d) A cave.
12. How far is it from Good Hope to the diamond fields that Zouga and his family journey to?
(a) Six hundred miles.
(b) Twelve hundred miles.
(c) Two hundred miles.
(d) Eighty miles.
13. What does the Matabele warrior use to pry the diamond in the pit loose?
(a) His whistle.
(b) His axe.
(c) His shovel.
(d) His knife.
14. When Zouga asks the nameless man what he's selling, how does the nameless man respond?
15. Who quickly becomes a sorter with an uncanny talent for picking out diamonds, no matter the size or color?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zouga initially offer to pay the men who agree to work on his claim?
2. What are the buni?
3. How long after the man is killed by the bolting horse does Zouga sign over the deeds to his diamond claims?
4. What is the name of the first warrior that returns Zouga's greeting and introduces himself to Zouga?
5. When Zouga introduces himself to the warriors he comes upon, by what name does he introduce himself?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)