|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, Pages 239 - 287.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Zouga stops the physical fight between himself and Ralph, who does Zouga call for?
(b) Jan Cheroot.
(c) Dr. Jameson.
2. When Zouga and his family first arrive in Colesberg, about how many people are already encamped there?
(a) About ten thousand.
(b) About ten.
(c) About one thousand.
(d) About one hundred.
3. What are the buni?
(a) Eagle scouts.
(b) I.D.B. operatives.
(c) White men.
(d) Elephant hunters.
4. How long does the journey from Good Hope to the diamond fields take Zouga and his family?
(a) Eight weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Ten weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
5. What does Zouga initially offer to pay the men who agree to work on his claim?
(a) Seven shillings and six pence per week.
(b) Five shillings per week.
(c) Eight shillings per week.
(d) Three shillings and six pence per week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jordan believe his mother's spirit has become in her death?
2. When Zouga goes off in search of men to work his claim, how many men are in the tribe Zouga comes upon?
3. What is a giya?
4. From what tribe are the men that Zouga comes upon as he is searching for men to work his diamond claims?
5. At Jordan's luncheon, who presents Louise with a "perfect" diamond?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)