|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, Pages 239 - 287.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many groups does Zouga divide the tribal warriors into for their "competition"?
2. What is the name of Zouga's Hottentot retainer?
(a) Jan Cheroot.
(b) Jock Danby.
(c) Neville Pickering.
(d) Black Thomas.
3. Who does Zouga send into the pit to hand up the equipment and tools?
4. Which is NOT one of the names given to the competition groups?
5. What is one of the conditions under which Zouga's meeting with the nameless man takes place?
(a) Zouga must approach unarmed.
(b) Zouga must approach with Ralph.
(c) Zouga must approach at night.
(d) Zouga must approach on horseback.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Zouga goes off in search of men to work his claim, how many men are in the tribe Zouga comes upon?
2. How long does the journey from Good Hope to the diamond fields take Zouga and his family?
3. Where did Zouga first meet his wife?
4. What is the name of the book Zouga wrote?
5. How does Jordan obtain the book that he keeps hidden under his pillow?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)