|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, Pages 48 - 96.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before embarking on the journey to Colesberg, how many years does Zouga spend chasing his grandiose dream?
(a) Six years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Twelve years.
2. According to the Digger's Committee, what is the wage Zouga is allowed to pay his men?
(a) Five shillings.
(b) Eight shillings.
(c) Six shillings.
(d) Seven shillings.
3. Who comes to visit Zouga to "inform" him of what wages he can pay, per the Digger's Committee?
(a) Neville Pickering.
(b) Jan Cheroot.
(c) Cecil Rhodes.
4. Who quickly becomes a sorter with an uncanny talent for picking out diamonds, no matter the size or color?
5. What is the name of Ralph and Jordan's teacher?
(a) Mrs. Gander.
(b) Mrs. Grandolph.
(c) Mrs. Grander.
(d) Mrs. Gandolph.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Zouga Ballantyne spend in England trying to raise funding for his next adventure?
2. When Zouga introduces himself to the warriors he comes upon, by what name does he introduce himself?
3. Which is NOT one of the names given to the competition groups?
4. When Zouga goes off in search of men to work his claim, how many men are in the tribe Zouga comes upon?
5. Who does Zouga purchase his two claims from?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)