|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, Pages 551 - 599.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after the man is killed by the bolting horse does Zouga sign over the deeds to his diamond claims?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Three days.
(c) One week.
(d) Two weeks.
2. What is the name of the partner that Ralph takes on?
(a) Alex Johnson.
(b) Fred Johnson.
(c) Frank Johnson.
(d) Mark Johnson.
3. What does remembering a passage from Zouga's book as she wanders in the desert help Louise to find?
4. After meeting with the oracle, King Lobengula calls for Nomusa to meet with him. Who is Nomusa?
(a) Zouga Ballantyne.
(b) Cecil Rhodes.
(c) Robyn Codrington.
(d) Neville Pickering.
5. What is a giya?
(a) The seductive dance of a woman.
(b) The challenge dance of a warrior.
(c) The marriage dance of the Matabele.
(d) The dueling dance of an Englishman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Louise St. John is not really Mungo's wife. What happened to Mungo's wife at the beginning of the Civil War?
2. From what tribe are the men that Zouga comes upon as he is searching for men to work his diamond claims?
3. When Zouga's sister turns Mungo in and the British navy boards Mungo's ship, how many slaves are on the ship as living cargo?
4. What does the author liken the digging frenzy to?
5. How much earlier than Zouga's book is Robyn's book published?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)