|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Hand in the Grave," why does the father feel the way he does?
(a) Because of his son's personality.
(b) Because of his son's looks.
(c) Because he feels that way about everyone.
(d) Because of his son's position in medical school.
2. Who is Nabil going to fulfill his task with?
(b) His sister.
(c) His father.
3. What is one of Jadaan's responsibilities?
(a) To buy lunch.
(b) To engineer.
(c) To clean the bathrooms.
(d) To manage the others.
4. What does Nabil pack in his bag?
(a) A shovel.
(d) A magnifying glass.
5. What does Jadaan do to his wife?
(a) Kills her.
(b) Spoils her.
(c) Loves her.
(d) Divorces her.
6. How much does a skeleton cost?
(a) 75 lire.
(b) 100 lire.
(c) 30 lire.
(d) 50 lire.
7. In "The Falcon," what does one of the workers call the engineers?
8. What happens to the falcon after a week?
(a) He flies away forever.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He eats again.
(d) He dies.
9. What is the name of Jadaan's falcon?
10. How does the cousin's statement make Umm Saad feel?
11. What does Umm Saad ask her cousin?
(a) Whether she should move to the US.
(b) Whether he would take care of her other kids.
(c) Whether he would go retrieve her son.
(d) Whether she should ask the commander to keep an eye on Saad.
12. Who does Umm Saad still visit after her move?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her son.
13. What does Nabil say he woke up for?
(a) To rob a grave.
(b) To pray.
(c) To study.
(d) To clean.
14. What does the father call Nabil?
(b) A sinner.
(c) A pious Muslim.
(d) A good man.
15. What does Suhail complain about?
(a) Not being able to collect the money he needs.
(b) Not having a brother to help.
(c) Being cold.
(d) Being hot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father note, concerning Nabil?
2. How long ago was Jadaan a hunter?
3. What is Umm Saad resolved to do?
4. What does Jadaan say about falcons and death?
5. How often does Umm Saad visit someone after her move?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)