|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Umm Saad debate about doing for her son?
(a) Disowning him.
(b) Visiting him.
(c) Sending him food.
(d) Sending him money.
2. What do Saad and his companions want to do immediately?
(a) Get married.
(b) Go to war.
(c) Go home.
(d) Go to university.
3. What does Suhail suddenly do after he puts his arm in the grave?
4. In "A Hand in the Grave," who offers to give up the scheme?
(a) The father.
(b) The sister.
5. Who offers to do the task alone first in "A Hand in the Grave"?
(a) The sister.
(c) The father.
6. Where does Umm Saad move to?
(a) The country.
(b) Another country.
(c) The city.
(d) The camps.
7. What does the father call Nabil?
(b) A good man.
(c) A sinner.
(d) A pious Muslim.
8. Who was Jadaan in love with at one time?
(a) A red-haired woman.
(b) A brunette woman.
(c) His wife.
(d) A blonde woman.
9. In "The Falcon," where are the guards from?
(a) The city.
(b) The desert.
(c) The countryside.
(d) The US.
10. Who did Jadaan used to pay to fulfill his responsibility?
(b) Abdallah's servant.
(d) His wife.
11. What does Umm Saad tell her cousin to tell the commander?
(a) To let Saad come home.
(b) To take care of Saad.
(c) To be tough on Saad.
(d) To let Saad do what he wants.
12. What emotions does Umm Saad feel when she asks her cousin the last question?
(d) Perplexity and torment.
13. Why does Nabil need to do the task he names to his father?
(a) He is religious.
(b) He has a morbid personality.
(c) He knows that chores need to be done.
(d) He needs a skeleton for class.
14. How does Umm Saad feel at the end of the story?
15. What does the father respond to his daughter's offer in "A Hand in the Grave"?
(a) That he does not want to be poisoned.
(b) He is not hungry.
(c) He does not like that book.
(d) He would rather have something else.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Suhail injured?
2. How does Jadaan feel about Mubarak?
3. What does Umm Saad ask her cousin?
4. When does Nabil wake up in "A Hand in the Grave"?
5. What does Umm Saad wonder about the commander?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)