|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does a skeleton cost?
(a) 50 lire.
(b) 100 lire.
(c) 75 lire.
(d) 30 lire.
2. In "The Falcon," what does one of the workers call the engineers?
3. What does Suhail complain about?
(a) Being hot.
(b) Not having a brother to help.
(c) Not being able to collect the money he needs.
(d) Being cold.
4. Why does Umm Saad feel the way she does about her cousin's statement?
(a) She feels free to do what she wants now.
(b) It saddens her to think mothers can be dispensed with so easily.
(c) She feels a relief from the burden of motherhood.
(d) She feels ashamed of her son.
5. In "The Falcon," where are the guards from?
(a) The US.
(b) The desert.
(c) The city.
(d) The countryside.
6. What does the falcon find?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A gazelle.
(d) A donkey.
7. What does Jadaan refuse to do?
(a) Clean the bathrooms.
(b) Talk to his co-workers.
(c) Buy lunch.
8. What does the falcon do after finding an object of interest?
(a) He flies around all day.
(b) He refuses to eat.
(c) He stays perched on the gazelle.
(d) He eats too much.
9. What happens to Suhail at the end of the story?
(a) He is declared insane.
(b) He becomes a lawyer.
(c) He dies.
(d) He becomes a doctor.
10. What does Suhail suddenly do after he puts his arm in the grave?
11. What would Umm Saad do without her two other children?
(a) Have fun.
(b) Move to another country.
(c) Follow Saad.
12. What is the name of Jadaan's falcon?
13. In "The Falcon," who does not bother remembering the engineers' names?
14. How often does Umm Saad visit someone after her move?
(a) Every Thursday.
(b) Every Friday.
(c) Every Tuesday.
(d) Every Wednesday.
15. Why does Suhail put his arm in the grave instead of Nabil?
(a) His arm is shorter.
(b) He is stronger.
(c) He is mentally stronger.
(d) He is thinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nabil pack in his bag?
2. How does Nabil's friend feel when he meets him?
3. In "A Hand in the Grave," who offers to give up the scheme?
4. Who is Nabil going to fulfill his task with?
5. How is Suhail injured?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)