|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gallimard want after Song announces she is pregnant?
(a) He wants to marry Song.
(b) He wants to quit his job.
(c) He wants to leave Song.
(d) He wants to leave Helga.
2. Finish Gallimard's sentence: "Oriental women - when they're good they're very good, but when they're bad..."
(a) "...they're women."
(b) "...they're men."
(c) "...they're Americans."
(d) "...they're Christians."
3. What does Song say she wants to do now that her life as an actor is over?
(a) She wants to live in luxury.
(b) She wants to act.
(c) She wants to serve the people.
(d) She wants to live.
4. What is Gallimard's opinion of the baby?
(a) He has his smile.
(b) He is not very attractive.
(c) He is very quiet.
(d) He looks just like his mother.
5. What is one of Gallimard's reasons for wanting to see Song naked?
(a) It will prove her love to him.
(b) He wantsto shame her.
(c) It will remove the last barrier between them.
(d) He loves her too much to settle for less.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gallimard feel about his inability to produce a child?
2. What does the banner state that is unveiled at the end of Act 2, Scene 9?
3. How does Song define the Chinese?
4. How has life in the West been for Gallimard?
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)