|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the things about Song that Gallimard considers to be rare?
(a) She listens to him.
(b) She will pleasure him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She sings like a bird.
2. What did the doctor find was wrong with Helga?
(a) She is too old to get pregnant.
(c) She is sick.
(d) She is barren.
3. Finish the sentence: "We must conserve our strength for the battles..."
(a) "...we know how to battle."
(b) "...we can't lose."
(c) "...we know of."
(d) "...we can win."
4. What does Song tell Gallimard he was to her?
(a) Her greatest love.
(b) Her greatest lie.
(c) Her greatest acting challenge.
(d) Her only way out of China.
5. What does the banner state that is unveiled at the end of Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) "The Actor Denies and Dies!"
(b) "The Actor is Rehabilitated!"
(c) "The Actor Serves the People!"
(d) "The Actor Lives!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song call Gallimard's society?
2. What is the name of the baby?
3. How does Song respond when Chin asks how Song came to live in an exalted position?
4. Where does Song say she will be when the audience returns from their five-minute break?
5. How does Toulon feel about Gallimard's infidelity?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)