|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Gallimard, who do the Orientals want to be associated with?
(a) China and only China.
(b) Whoever shows the most strength and power.
(c) Ho Chi Minh.
2. What is NOT one of things that Renee's father imports into the Third World?
(a) Coffee mugs.
(b) Hula hoops.
(c) Squirt guns.
(d) Confectioner's sugar.
3. Which character is watching Scene 7?
(a) Every character in the cast.
4. According to Song, what does Gallimard shame her with?
(a) His generosity.
(b) His understanding.
(c) His love.
(d) His devotion.
5. In what years does Scene 5 take place?
(d) 1986-present day.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Song, what does happiness look like?
2. Where does Song say she will be when the audience returns from their five-minute break?
3. What does Chin want Song to find out?
4. What is one reason Song gives for not wanting to marry Gallimard?
5. Why does Song believe women's roles in opera are played by men?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)