|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gallimard say his job affects?
(a) A bit of the earth.
(b) A small corner of the world.
(c) A small slice of China.
(d) A large part of the universe.
2. How has life in the West been for Gallimard?
(a) Hard work.
(b) A healthy change.
(c) A relaxing situation.
(d) A disappointment.
3. What does Song realize Gallimard wants her to do?
(a) To submit to him.
(b) To pleasure him.
(c) To leave him.
(d) To want him.
4. Why does Song believe women's roles in opera are played by men?
(a) Song believes only a man knows how a woman should act.
(b) Song believes a woman is too smart to act.
(c) Song believes women can't act.
(d) Song believes China wants to keep women unstimulated.
5. What does Gallimard want after his encounter with Toulon?
(a) A night with Renee.
(b) A shoulder to cry on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of things that Renee's father imports into the Third World?
2. What does Gallimard call his relationship to Renee?
3. What is one of the things about Song that Gallimard considers to be rare?
4. What secret can't Toulon keep from Gallimard?
5. According to Gallimard, who do the Orientals want to be associated with?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)