|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marc, how was Gallimard a different man in China?
(a) He was rich.
(b) He was white.
(c) He loved the perfect woman.
(d) He was gifted.
2. According to the commentary that Gallimard reads in Act 2, Scene 1, what does every man want to do to Pinkerton when they watch Madame Butterfly?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Kick him.
(c) Shake his hand.
(d) Hug him.
3. What does Song call Gallimard's society?
4. Who do the Vietnamese generals plan on assassinating?
(a) Ho Chi Minh.
(b) Chairman Mao.
(c) President Diem.
(d) The president of France.
5. In what year does Scene 8 take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song say about Chin as she exits?
2. What does Gallimard claim about the Chinese?
3. According to Gallimard, how many American dollars were spent for every Viet Cong killed?
4. What is one reason Song gives for not wanting to marry Gallimard?
5. What does Chin want Song to find out?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)