|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chin, where does pollution begin?
(a) The West.
(b) The Orient.
2. What does Gallimard ask Song after they talk about Gallimard's conversation with Helga regarding the doctor visit?
(a) If he should leave Helga.
(b) If she wants to marry him.
(c) If she is happy with him.
(d) If she wants to have his baby.
3. What is one of the things about Song that Gallimard considers to be rare?
(a) She will pleasure him.
(b) She sings like a bird.
(c) She listens to him.
(d) She loves him.
4. What does Gallimard say his job affects?
(a) A small slice of China.
(b) A large part of the universe.
(c) A bit of the earth.
(d) A small corner of the world.
5. What does Gallimard want after his encounter with Toulon?
(a) A night with Renee.
(c) A shoulder to cry on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the doctor find was wrong with Helga?
2. What does Toulon ask Gallimard to do for him in France?
3. What is one of Gallimard's reasons for wanting to see Song naked?
4. In the end, what was a reason for Gallimard's refusal to go to the doctor?
5. What does Song realize Gallimard wants her to do?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)