|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gallimard feel about his inability to produce a child?
(a) He is the woman of the marriage.
(b) God is judging him.
(c) He doesn't care.
(d) God is laughing at him.
2. Finish the sentence: "We must conserve our strength for the battles..."
(a) "...we know of."
(b) "...we can win."
(c) "...we know how to battle."
(d) "...we can't lose."
3. What does Gallimard want after Song announces she is pregnant?
(a) He wants to marry Song.
(b) He wants to quit his job.
(c) He wants to leave Helga.
(d) He wants to leave Song.
4. How does Song define the Chinese?
(d) Hopeless romantics.
5. What does Gallimard claim about the Chinese?
(a) They want to be protected by the Vietnamese.
(b) They love the white people.
(c) They do not like Ho Chi Minh.
(d) They love the American president.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
2. In Act 2, Scene 11, what does Gallimard want from Helga?
3. What does Gallimard want Toulon to tell the Americans?
4. What is one of Gallimard's reasons for wanting to see Song naked?
5. In what years does Scene 5 take place?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)