|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Song define the Chinese?
(c) Hopeless romantics.
2. What does Gallimard start to call Song after their affair starts?
(a) My life.
(b) My love.
(d) One and Only.
3. Finish the sentence: "We must conserve our strength for the battles..."
(a) "...we can't lose."
(b) "...we know how to battle."
(c) "...we know of."
(d) "...we can win."
4. What does Gallimard want Toulon to tell the Americans?
(a) There is a natural affinity between the West and the Orient.
(b) There is a bond of trust between the East and West.
(c) The Americas should protectthe Orient.
(d) There is a natural affinity between America and France.
5. In what city does Scene 6 take place?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of things that Renee's father imports into the Third World?
2. How does Song respond when Chin asks how Song came to live in an exalted position?
3. According to Marc, how was Gallimard a different man in China?
4. In the end, what was a reason for Gallimard's refusal to go to the doctor?
5. What idea of Song's does Gallimard repeat to Toulon?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)