|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Song believe women's roles in opera are played by men?
(a) Song believes a woman is too smart to act.
(b) Song believes only a man knows how a woman should act.
(c) Song believes China wants to keep women unstimulated.
(d) Song believes women can't act.
2. Where does Scene 10 take place?
(a) Gallimard's flat in Beijing.
(b) A commune.
(c) Comrade Chin's home.
(d) Mao's palace.
3. What does Gallimard ask Song after they talk about Gallimard's conversation with Helga regarding the doctor visit?
(a) If he should leave Helga.
(b) If she is happy with him.
(c) If she wants to have his baby.
(d) If she wants to marry him.
4. In what city does Scene 6 take place?
(d) New York.
5. How does Song respond when Chin asks how Song came to live in an exalted position?
(a) "I was a plaything for the Imperialists!"
(b) "I was a plaything for the white devils!"
(c) "I loved a perfect man!"
(d) "I was a plaything for a Frenchman!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song tell Gallimard he was to her?
2. Where does Song say she will be when the audience returns from their five-minute break?
3. How does Song define the Chinese?
4. What did the doctor find was wrong with Helga?
5. What does Song call Gallimard's society?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)