|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Scene 10 take place?
2. What was NOT waiting for Gallimard back in Paris when he arrived in 1968?
(a) Better Chinese food than he'd eaten in China.
(b) Friends and family.
(d) A regular schedule.
3. What does the banner state that is unveiled at the end of Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) "The Actor is Rehabilitated!"
(b) "The Actor Denies and Dies!"
(c) "The Actor Lives!"
(d) "The Actor Serves the People!"
4. Why does Song believe women's roles in opera are played by men?
(a) Song believes a woman is too smart to act.
(b) Song believes only a man knows how a woman should act.
(c) Song believes China wants to keep women unstimulated.
(d) Song believes women can't act.
5. Where does Song say she will be when the audience returns from their five-minute break?
(a) Where they least expect her to be.
(b) Right where they left her.
(c) In court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gallimard claim about the Chinese?
2. What is Gallimard's opinion of the baby?
3. What does Gallimard feel about his inability to produce a child?
4. How does Song respond when Chin asks how Song came to live in an exalted position?
5. What does Gallimard want after Song announces she is pregnant?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)