|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scene 10 take place?
(a) Gallimard's flat in Beijing.
(b) Mao's palace.
(c) Comrade Chin's home.
(d) A commune.
2. What does Chin want to make sure that Song remembers?
(a) Her acts are for the greater good.
(b) Women have no respect in China.
(c) There is no homosexuality in China.
(d) Women are stupid.
3. What is Song's response when Chin wants to know how Song retains all the information?
(a) She is an actor
(b) She was threatened with her life.
(c) She was raised to do so.
(d) She is a woman.
4. What does Gallimard have to say about Chairman Mao's cult?
(a) It has died out.
(b) It would rule the world very soon.
(c) It has become very strong.
(d) It will die out soon.
5. What does Gallimard want Toulon to tell the Americans?
(a) The Americas should protectthe Orient.
(b) There is a natural affinity between the West and the Orient.
(c) There is a bond of trust between the East and West.
(d) There is a natural affinity between America and France.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes between the year Gallimard is fired from the embassy and the year Song travels to France to live with him?
2. As Chin enters, what does Gallimard beg of the audience?
3. Why does Song believe women's roles in opera are played by men?
4. What was NOT waiting for Gallimard back in Paris when he arrived in 1968?
5. What is Gallimard's opinion of the baby?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)