|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scene 7 take place?
(a) Helga and Gallimard's house.
(b) Gallimard and Song's flat.
(c) Toulon's house.
(d) Chin's office.
2. What does Gallimard start to call Song after their affair starts?
(a) My life.
(b) One and Only.
(d) My love.
3. In Act 2, Scene 11, what does Gallimard want from Helga?
(a) A baby.
(b) A divorce.
(d) A new start.
4. What does Gallimard call his relationship to Renee?
(a) The affair of the century.
(b) The right thing to do.
(c) An extra extramarital affair.
(d) A mistake.
5. What does Gallimard want Toulon to tell the Americans?
(a) There is a bond of trust between the East and West.
(b) There is a natural affinity between the West and the Orient.
(c) The Americas should protectthe Orient.
(d) There is a natural affinity between America and France.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chin enters, what does Gallimard beg of the audience?
2. What does Song say she wants to do now that her life as an actor is over?
3. What kind of baby does Song want to present to Gallimard?
4. What does Song realize Gallimard wants her to do?
5. According to Marc, how was Gallimard a different man in China?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)