|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gallimard say his job affects?
(a) A large part of the universe.
(b) A small corner of the world.
(c) A bit of the earth.
(d) A small slice of China.
2. What idea of Song's does Gallimard repeat to Toulon?
(a) The Chinese miss the old days.
(b) The Chinese culture is rooted two-thousad years in the past.
(c) The Chinese are kept ignorant equally.
(d) The Chinese are afraid of power.
3. Where does Scene 10 take place?
(a) Mao's palace.
(b) A commune.
(c) Comrade Chin's home.
(d) Gallimard's flat in Beijing.
4. What does Gallimard want after Song announces she is pregnant?
(a) He wants to leave Song.
(b) He wants to marry Song.
(c) He wants to leave Helga.
(d) He wants to quit his job.
5. What is one reason Song gives for not wanting to marry Gallimard?
(a) She wants to concentrate on her career.
(b) She doesn't believe in marriage.
(c) She loves him too much.
(d) She is not worthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Renee's profession?
2. What does Chin want Song to find out?
3. Why does Song believe women's roles in opera are played by men?
4. According to Song, what does happiness look like?
5. According to Chin, where does pollution begin?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)