|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Butterfly use to kill herself in the opera?
(a) Her sleeves.
(b) A knife.
(c) A sword.
(d) A gun.
2. How much does Pinkerton pay for Butterfly?
(a) 100 dollars.
(b) 200 yen.
(c) 100 yen
(d) 200 dollars.
3. What do the three people in Scene 2 think of Gallimard?
(a) They think he is inspiring.
(b) They believe he is a handsome man.
(c) They think he is dangerous.
(d) They believe he is not good looking.
4. During the Revolution, what signs would hang in the windows of the clubs in Shanghai?
(a) "No dogs or cats."
(b) "No dogs and Chinamen."
(c) "No women allowed."
(d) "Whites only."
5. What does Song say she has never done before?
(a) Invited a man up to her flat.
(b) Thought of any man the way she thinks of Gallimard.
(c) Sang for a white person.
(d) Talked to a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What it the setting of Scene 6?
2. What did Gallimard replace with practicality?
3. In Madame Butterfly, what are the last words Butterfly sings before she kills herself?
4. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
5. At what time does Song call Gallimard?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)