|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Gallimard cease to call on Song?
(a) He has no interest in her.
(b) To protect her.
(c) He was afraid of scandal.
(d) To feel the rush of power over a woman.
2. From what location is Gallimard narrating his story?
(a) His flat in Paris.
(b) A prison cell in Paris.
(c) His flat in Beijing.
(d) A courtroom in Paris.
3. What does Song say she has never done before?
(a) Sang for a white person.
(b) Talked to a man.
(c) Thought of any man the way she thinks of Gallimard.
(d) Invited a man up to her flat.
4. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
(a) "I saved a woman, here I lie."
(b) "I loved the perfect woman."
(c) "I loved money."
(d) "I saved a dollar, here I lie."
5. What does Song say is undervalued in the West?
(c) Street smarts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one outstanding feature about Isabelle that Marc remembers?
2. At what time does Song call Gallimard?
3. By what other name does Pinkerton's wife go?
4. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
5. What do the three people in Scene 2 think of Gallimard?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)