|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
2. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
(a) Pinkerton and his American wife.
(b) Pinkerton and Cio-Cio-San
(c) Cio-Cio-San and Suzuki.
(d) Cio-Cio-San and Sharpless.
3. What does Song say about the soul of China?
(a) It is rooted two thousand years in the past.
(b) It is a forward-thinking society.
(c) It is much older than the soul of France.
(d) It is unwilling to learn from its mistakes..
4. What is Gallimard sick of hearing about the Chinese culture?
(a) That it is old.
(b) That it is submissive.
(c) That is it small.
(d) That it is new.
5. What it the setting of Scene 6?
(a) His flat in Paris.
(b) The German ambassador's house.
(c) The Australian ambassador's house.
(d) His flat in Beijing.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what other name does Pinkerton's wife go?
2. What does Song say is undervalued in the West?
3. Why did Gallimard cease to call on Song?
4. Why did Isabelle have sex with Gallimard?
5. Finish the sentence: "...there's no guarantee of failure in life like ________"
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)