|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Gallimard's fantasy, who plays Pinkerton?
(a) Gallimard himself.
(b) Manuel Toulon.
(c) Comrade Chin.
2. According to Gallimard, who wrote Madame Butterfly?
(a) Giacomo Puccini.
(b) Giuseppe Verdi.
(c) Richard Wagner.
(d) William Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan.
3. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
(a) The most beautiful woman.
(b) The perfect man.
(c) The perfect woman.
(d) The sweetest woman.
4. What does Song hate about her audience?
(a) Their age.
(b) Their social bearing.
(c) Their teeth.
(d) Their smell.
5. At what time does Song call Gallimard?
(a) 4:00 PM
(b) 4:30 PM.
(c) 2:00 AM
(d) 5:30 AM
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song say about the soul of China?
2. How large is Gallimard's cell?
3. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
4. How does Gallimard describe his meetings with Song after her weekly performances?
5. What it the setting of Scene 6?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)