|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gallimard replace with practicality?
2. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
(a) "I saved a dollar, here I lie."
(b) "I loved money."
(c) "I loved the perfect woman."
(d) "I saved a woman, here I lie."
3. What does Song say she has never done before?
(a) Thought of any man the way she thinks of Gallimard.
(b) Sang for a white person.
(c) Talked to a man.
(d) Invited a man up to her flat.
4. Where does Scene 11 take place?
(a) The Austrian embassy
(b) The French embassy.
(c) The German embassy.
(d) The American embassy.
5. Finish the sentence: "...there's no guarantee of failure in life like ________"
(a) "...failure as a child."
(b) "...finding happiness in love."
(c) "...a depressing mairage."
(d) "...happiness in high school."
Short Answer Questions
1. In Madame Butterfly, what are the last words Butterfly sings before she kills herself?
2. Who is the American consul character in Madame Butterfly?
3. What is Song's full name?
4. In what year does Scene 4 take place?
5. What is the setting of Scene 2?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)