|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears in Gallimard's dream in Scene 9?
(b) The magazine model.
2. What does Marc compare a pool full of naked women to?
(a) A barrel of monkeys.
(b) A scandal waiting to happen.
(c) A grab bag.
(d) A fish pond.
3. What does Song think of the story of Madame Butterfly?
(a) She thinks it is beautiful.
(b) She thinks it is boring.
(c) She thinks it is the perfect opera.
(d) She thinks it is ridiculous.
4. In the stage directions, who does David Henry Hwang compare Song to in appearance?
(a) Nancy Kwan.
(b) Anna May Wong.
(c) Lana Turner.
(d) Rita Moreno.
5. What is the setting of Scene 2?
(a) A flat in China.
(b) A party in a chic parlor.
(c) The streets of Beijing.
(d) A courtroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one outstanding feature about Isabelle that Marc remembers?
2. What does Song say about the soul of China?
3. In Madame Butterfly, what are the last words Butterfly sings before she kills herself?
4. What is the famous duet that Pinkerton and Sharpless sing together?
5. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)