|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Pinkerton pay for Butterfly?
(a) 100 yen
(b) 200 yen.
(c) 100 dollars.
(d) 200 dollars.
2. What does Butterfly use to kill herself in the opera?
(a) A gun.
(b) A sword.
(c) Her sleeves.
(d) A knife.
3. What does Song promise to Gallimard after her outburst?
(a) She will not apologize for anything else.
(b) She will serve him tea.
(c) She will love him forever.
(d) She will fire the servants.
4. Why did Isabelle have sex with Gallimard?
(a) Marc arranged it.
(b) She wanted revenge on Marc for rejecting her.
(c) She was in love with him.
(d) She was lonely.
5. What does Song get upset about when she enters the room?
(a) Her servants haven't poured any tea.
(b) Gallimard is upset.
(c) Her servants haven't taken his coat.
(d) Her servants are ignoring her.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what location is Gallimard narrating his story?
2. What does Song say is undervalued in the West?
3. What did Gallimard replace with practicality?
4. In what year does Scene 6 take place?
5. Who appears in Gallimard's dream in Scene 9?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)