|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Scene 2?
(a) A flat in China.
(b) A courtroom.
(c) The streets of Beijing.
(d) A party in a chic parlor.
2. What is the famous duet that Pinkerton and Sharpless sing together?
(a) "The Whole World Over."
(b) "The Marriage Duet."
(c) "The Love Duet."
(d) "The Lass that Loved a Sailor."
3. Who appears in Gallimard's dream in Scene 9?
(b) The magazine model.
4. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
(a) He wanted to kill her.
(b) He wanted her to be sad.
(c) He wanted to kill Pinkerton.
(d) He wanted to take her in his arms.
5. What does Song say she has never done before?
(a) Sang for a white person.
(b) Invited a man up to her flat.
(c) Talked to a man.
(d) Thought of any man the way she thinks of Gallimard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scene 11 take place?
2. Where did Helga go on the night Gallimard went to the opera house?
3. How long did it take before Gallimard went to see Song perform at the opera house?
4. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
5. What song from Madame Butterfly underscores the scene in which Gallimard is reading Song's letters?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)