|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
2. What does Song say is different about Gallimard that made him stand out in her audience?
(a) He is wearing a tie.
(b) He is wearing a hat.
(c) He is a man.
(d) He is French.
3. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
(a) He will force her to leave her family.
(b) He will love a butterfly and never let it go.
(c) He will kill her baby.
(d) He will catch a butterfly, pierce its heart and leave it to perish.
4. Why did Gallimard get scared when Isabelle screamed that she was coming?
(a) He didn't like loud noises.
(b) He thought she meant someone was actually coming.
(c) He didn't want it to end.
(d) He was embarrassed to be seen with her.
5. In what year does Scene 4 take place?
(c) Present day.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
2. What is Gallimard thinking when he is having sex with Isabelle?
3. During the Revolution, what signs would hang in the windows of the clubs in Shanghai?
4. What does Gallimard say about Song's performance?
5. How long did it take before Gallimard went to see Song perform at the opera house?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)