|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
(a) "Least likely to be invited to a party."
(b) "Least popular."
(c) "Least likely to succeed."
(d) "Least likely to kiss a girl."
2. What does Gallimard consider himself to be?
(a) A failure.
(b) A perfect man.
(c) A celebrity.
(d) An old man.
3. How large is Gallimard's cell?
(a) 4 1/2 meters by 5 meters.
(b) 4 1/2 feet by 5 feet.
(c) 4 feet by 5 feet.
(d) 3 meters by 5 meters.
4. Where does Scene 8 take place?
(a) The Chinese opera house and the streets of Beijing.
(b) The President's home.
(c) A prison cell and the streets of Paris.
(d) The Ambassador's home.
5. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
(a) He will love a butterfly and never let it go.
(b) He will force her to leave her family.
(c) He will kill her baby.
(d) He will catch a butterfly, pierce its heart and leave it to perish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gallimard believe Song was doing before they part ways at the end of Scene 8?
2. During the Revolution, what signs would hang in the windows of the clubs in Shanghai?
3. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
4. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
5. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)