|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the American consul character in Madame Butterfly?
2. What is the setting of Scene 2?
(a) A party in a chic parlor.
(b) A courtroom.
(c) The streets of Beijing.
(d) A flat in China.
3. Where does Scene 8 take place?
(a) The President's home.
(b) The Ambassador's home.
(c) A prison cell and the streets of Paris.
(d) The Chinese opera house and the streets of Beijing.
4. What does Song hate about her audience?
(a) Their social bearing.
(b) Their smell.
(c) Their teeth.
(d) Their age.
5. What does Song say is different about Gallimard that made him stand out in her audience?
(a) He is a man.
(b) He is wearing a hat.
(c) He is wearing a tie.
(d) He is French.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Song afraid of as she is entertaining Gallimard in her parlor?
2. What does Song say she has never done before?
3. What does Song think of the story of Madame Butterfly?
4. By what other name does Pinkerton's wife go?
5. At what time does Song call Gallimard?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)