|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Gallimard, who wrote Madame Butterfly?
(a) Giuseppe Verdi.
(b) Richard Wagner.
(c) William Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan.
(d) Giacomo Puccini.
2. What does Gallimard say about Song's performance?
(a) It is the first time he is angry at Pinkerton.
(b) It is the first time he sees the truth of the story.
(c) It is the first time he understands her death.
(d) It is the first time he sees the beauty of the story.
3. What does Song think of the story of Madame Butterfly?
(a) She thinks it is ridiculous.
(b) She thinks it is the perfect opera.
(c) She thinks it is beautiful.
(d) She thinks it is boring.
4. What does Song promise to Gallimard after her outburst?
(a) She will not apologize for anything else.
(b) She will fire the servants.
(c) She will serve him tea.
(d) She will love him forever.
5. What does Song say she has never done before?
(a) Invited a man up to her flat.
(b) Sang for a white person.
(c) Talked to a man.
(d) Thought of any man the way she thinks of Gallimard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scene 8 take place?
2. Why did Isabelle have sex with Gallimard?
3. What do the three people in Scene 2 think of Gallimard?
4. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
5. What kind of woman did Gallimard marry?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)