|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song say is one of a Westerner's favorite fantasies?
(a) The meek husband and the brave Oriental wife.
(b) The submissive Oriental woman and the shy white man.
(c) The submissive white women with the cruel Oriental man.
(d) The submissive Oriental woman with the cruel white man.
2. What is one of the features of Pinkerton's house?
(a) A disco mirror ball.
(b) A view of the ocean.
(c) A view of the rice fields.
(d) Shag carpet.
3. Who is in the framed picture that Gallimard picks up?
(b) Song's son.
(c) Song's father
(d) Song's grandfather.
4. From what location is Gallimard narrating his story?
(a) A courtroom in Paris.
(b) A prison cell in Paris.
(c) His flat in Beijing.
(d) His flat in Paris.
5. What does Song promise to Gallimard after her outburst?
(a) She will serve him tea.
(b) She will not apologize for anything else.
(c) She will love him forever.
(d) She will fire the servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song get upset about when she enters the room?
2. How large is Gallimard's cell?
3. What does Song say is different about Gallimard that made him stand out in her audience?
4. During the Revolution, what signs would hang in the windows of the clubs in Shanghai?
5. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)