|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
(a) They are a young people.
(b) They are a people with a rich heritage.
(c) They are an amazing people.
(d) They are an incredibly arrogant people.
2. What does Song say is different about Gallimard that made him stand out in her audience?
(a) He is French.
(b) He is wearing a tie.
(c) He is a man.
(d) He is wearing a hat.
3. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
(a) He will force her to leave her family.
(b) He will love a butterfly and never let it go.
(c) He will catch a butterfly, pierce its heart and leave it to perish.
(d) He will kill her baby.
4. Who is the American consul character in Madame Butterfly?
5. Who plays the character of Suzuki in Gallimard's dream?
(d) Comrade Chin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of woman did Gallimard marry?
2. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
3. What does Song call Gallimard?
4. What song from Madame Butterfly underscores the scene in which Gallimard is reading Song's letters?
5. By what other name does Pinkerton's wife go?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)