|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
(a) "Least likely to be invited to a party."
(b) "Least popular."
(c) "Least likely to kiss a girl."
(d) "Least likely to succeed."
2. What does Song hate about her audience?
(a) Their age.
(b) Their teeth.
(c) Their smell.
(d) Their social bearing.
3. In Gallimard's fantasy, who plays Pinkerton?
(a) Comrade Chin.
(c) Manuel Toulon.
(d) Gallimard himself.
4. What did Gallimard believe Song was doing before they part ways at the end of Scene 8?
5. What does Song say about the soul of China?
(a) It is rooted two thousand years in the past.
(b) It is unwilling to learn from its mistakes..
(c) It is much older than the soul of France.
(d) It is a forward-thinking society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the famous duet that Pinkerton and Sharpless sing together?
2. Why did Gallimard get scared when Isabelle screamed that she was coming?
3. What does Gallimard consider himself to be?
4. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
5. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)