|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the stage directions, who does David Henry Hwang compare Song to in appearance?
(a) Anna May Wong.
(b) Rita Moreno.
(c) Nancy Kwan.
(d) Lana Turner.
2. Who is the American consul character in Madame Butterfly?
3. What is the setting of Scene 2?
(a) The streets of Beijing.
(b) A party in a chic parlor.
(c) A courtroom.
(d) A flat in China.
4. What does Song promise to Gallimard after her outburst?
(a) She will not apologize for anything else.
(b) She will love him forever.
(c) She will fire the servants.
(d) She will serve him tea.
5. According to Gallimard, who wrote Madame Butterfly?
(a) Richard Wagner.
(b) William Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan.
(c) Giacomo Puccini.
(d) Giuseppe Verdi.
Short Answer Questions
1. How large is Gallimard's cell?
2. What does Song think of the story of Madame Butterfly?
3. What does Song get upset about when she enters the room?
4. What is Gallimard thinking when he is having sex with Isabelle?
5. Why did Gallimard get scared when Isabelle screamed that she was coming?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)