|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the three people in Scene 2 think of Gallimard?
(a) They think he is inspiring.
(b) They believe he is a handsome man.
(c) They think he is dangerous.
(d) They believe he is not good looking.
2. What idea of Song's does Gallimard repeat to Toulon?
(a) The Chinese are kept ignorant equally.
(b) The Chinese are afraid of power.
(c) The Chinese culture is rooted two-thousad years in the past.
(d) The Chinese miss the old days.
3. According to Gallimard, why did God create Eve?
(a) To give life.
(b) To serve God.
(c) To serve Adam.
(d) For the good of the earth.
4. What was one outstanding feature about Isabelle that Marc remembers?
(a) She never wore underwear.
(b) She had beautiful eyes.
(c) She was a horrible person.
(d) She had the softest skin.
5. In Madame Butterfly, what are the last words Butterfly sings before she kills herself?
(a) "Death in life is worse than death. Death is life."
(b) "Death without honor is worse in life. Life is dishonor."
(c) "Death with honor is better than life. Life with dishonor."
(d) "Life is no worse than death. This life is dishonor."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gallimard consider himself to be?
2. In what year does Scene 6 take place?
3. Who is in the framed picture that Gallimard picks up?
4. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
5. What does Song need from Comrade Chin?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)