|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Madame Butterfly, how old is Butterfly?
2. What is one of Gallimard's reasons for wanting to see Song naked?
(a) He loves her too much to settle for less.
(b) He wantsto shame her.
(c) It will prove her love to him.
(d) It will remove the last barrier between them.
3. How has life in the West been for Gallimard?
(a) A relaxing situation.
(b) A disappointment.
(c) Hard work.
(d) A healthy change.
4. Why did Gallimard cease to call on Song?
(a) He has no interest in her.
(b) To protect her.
(c) He was afraid of scandal.
(d) To feel the rush of power over a woman.
5. In Gallimard's fantasy, who plays Pinkerton?
(a) Manuel Toulon.
(b) Gallimard himself.
(d) Comrade Chin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the things about Song that Gallimard considers to be rare?
2. What it the setting of Scene 6?
3. Which character is watching Scene 7?
4. What does the banner state that is unveiled at the end of Act 2, Scene 9?
5. In the end, what was a reason for Gallimard's refusal to go to the doctor?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)