|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Helga want to know about Song's performance Gallimard had seen that night?
(a) She wanted to know if Song had a nice costume.
(b) She wanted to know if Gallimard had liked it.
(c) She wanted to know if Song was pretty.
(d) She wanted to know if Song sang well.
2. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
(a) He will kill her baby.
(b) He will catch a butterfly, pierce its heart and leave it to perish.
(c) He will force her to leave her family.
(d) He will love a butterfly and never let it go.
3. What does Gallimard have to say about Chairman Mao's cult?
(a) It would rule the world very soon.
(b) It has become very strong.
(c) It will die out soon.
(d) It has died out.
4. According to Marc, how was Gallimard a different man in China?
(a) He was rich.
(b) He was gifted.
(c) He loved the perfect woman.
(d) He was white.
5. In what year does Scene 12 take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Gallimard, how many American dollars were spent for every Viet Cong killed?
2. How much does Pinkerton pay for Butterfly?
3. What does Song get upset about when she enters the room?
4. What song from Madame Butterfly underscores the scene in which Gallimard is reading Song's letters?
5. During the Revolution, what signs would hang in the windows of the clubs in Shanghai?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)