|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Gallimard cease to call on Song?
(a) To protect her.
(b) To feel the rush of power over a woman.
(c) He was afraid of scandal.
(d) He has no interest in her.
2. Why does Song believe women's roles in opera are played by men?
(a) Song believes China wants to keep women unstimulated.
(b) Song believes women can't act.
(c) Song believes only a man knows how a woman should act.
(d) Song believes a woman is too smart to act.
3. What does Song say she has never done before?
(a) Thought of any man the way she thinks of Gallimard.
(b) Sang for a white person.
(c) Talked to a man.
(d) Invited a man up to her flat.
4. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
(a) She was the first woman he ever loved.
(b) She was the first woman Marc ever loved.
(c) She was his sister.
(d) She was his first sexual experience.
5. According to Gallimard, why did God create Eve?
(a) To serve Adam.
(b) To give life.
(c) To serve God.
(d) For the good of the earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What it the setting of Scene 6?
2. What did Gallimard believe Song was doing before they part ways at the end of Scene 8?
3. What does the banner state that is unveiled at the end of Act 2, Scene 9?
4. In what year does Scene 10 take place?
5. What does Gallimard want after Song announces she is pregnant?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)