|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "...there's no guarantee of failure in life like ________"
(a) "...a depressing mairage."
(b) "...failure as a child."
(c) "...finding happiness in love."
(d) "...happiness in high school."
2. What did Gallimard replace with practicality?
3. In the first scene of the play, how old is Gallimard?
4. In the end, what was a reason for Gallimard's refusal to go to the doctor?
(a) Going to the doctor would make Song unhappy.
(b) Going to the doctor would question his manhood.
(c) Going to the doctor would make him a woman.
(d) Going to the doctor would end in Helga being pregnant.
5. What secret can't Toulon keep from Gallimard?
(a) He wants to fire Gallimard.
(b) He has heard that Gallimard has a native mistress.
(c) He has heard Gallimard is leaving his wife.
(d) He knows Song's work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea of Song's does Gallimard repeat to Toulon?
2. According to Gallimard, why did God create Eve?
3. How old is Gallimard at the point Scene 13 occurs?
4. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
5. What is NOT one of things that Renee's father imports into the Third World?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)