|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
2. What is the setting of Scene 12?
(a) The streets of Beijing.
(b) Ambassador Toulon's residence.
(c) The American embassy.
(d) Song's flat.
3. What is the last thing that Helga says to Gallimard?
(a) "How horrible I can figure that out."
(b) "I regret everything."
(c) "I hope you never find love."
(d) "I hope everyone is mean to you for the rest of your life."
4. What does Song say she wants to do now that her life as an actor is over?
(a) She wants to live.
(b) She wants to live in luxury.
(c) She wants to serve the people.
(d) She wants to act.
5. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
(a) He wanted her to be sad.
(b) He wanted to kill Pinkerton.
(c) He wanted to take her in his arms.
(d) He wanted to kill her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Song believe women's roles in opera are played by men?
2. How long did it take before Gallimard went to see Song perform at the opera house?
3. What does Gallimard say about Song's performance?
4. How much does Pinkerton pay for Butterfly?
5. Who plays the character of Suzuki in Gallimard's dream?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)