|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the things about Song that Gallimard considers to be rare?
(a) She listens to him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She sings like a bird.
(d) She will pleasure him.
2. What idea of Song's does Gallimard repeat to Toulon?
(a) The Chinese culture is rooted two-thousad years in the past.
(b) The Chinese are kept ignorant equally.
(c) The Chinese miss the old days.
(d) The Chinese are afraid of power.
3. How does Song respond when Chin asks how Song came to live in an exalted position?
(a) "I loved a perfect man!"
(b) "I was a plaything for a Frenchman!"
(c) "I was a plaything for the Imperialists!"
(d) "I was a plaything for the white devils!"
4. In what year does Scene 12 take place?
5. What is NOT one of things that Renee's father imports into the Third World?
(a) Confectioner's sugar.
(b) Coffee mugs.
(c) Squirt guns.
(d) Hula hoops.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
2. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
3. What does Chin want Song to find out?
4. In Gallimard's fantasy, who plays Pinkerton?
5. Who appears in Gallimard's dream in Scene 9?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)