|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was NOT waiting for Gallimard back in Paris when he arrived in 1968?
(a) Friends and family.
(b) Better Chinese food than he'd eaten in China.
(d) A regular schedule.
2. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
(a) She was very hateful.
(b) She said she missed him.
(c) She said she would tell his wife.
(d) She called him "friend."
3. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
(a) They are a people with a rich heritage.
(b) They are an incredibly arrogant people.
(c) They are a young people.
(d) They are an amazing people.
4. In Madame Butterfly, how old is Butterfly?
5. In the stage directions, who does David Henry Hwang compare Song to in appearance?
(a) Nancy Kwan.
(b) Anna May Wong.
(c) Lana Turner.
(d) Rita Moreno.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Marc, how was Gallimard a different man in China?
2. What kind of woman did Gallimard marry?
3. Where does Gallimard meet Renee?
4. What is the setting of Scene 2?
5. Who plays the character of Suzuki in Gallimard's dream?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)