|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what other name does Pinkerton's wife go?
(a) Little One.
(b) Lovely One.
2. What does Song say is one of a Westerner's favorite fantasies?
(a) The submissive Oriental woman with the cruel white man.
(b) The submissive Oriental woman and the shy white man.
(c) The submissive white women with the cruel Oriental man.
(d) The meek husband and the brave Oriental wife.
3. What is Gallimard sick of hearing about the Chinese culture?
(a) That it is submissive.
(b) That is it small.
(c) That it is new.
(d) That it is old.
4. What does Song say she has never done before?
(a) Talked to a man.
(b) Thought of any man the way she thinks of Gallimard.
(c) Invited a man up to her flat.
(d) Sang for a white person.
5. What character does Marc appear as in Act 1, Scene 11?
(a) A king.
(b) A beuracrat.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of woman did Gallimard marry?
2. Who appears in Gallimard's dream in Scene 9?
3. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
4. What is Gallimard thinking when he is having sex with Isabelle?
5. What is the famous duet that Pinkerton and Sharpless sing together?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)