|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Song's full name?
(a) Song Gallimard.
(b) Song Liling.
(c) Song Long.
(d) Song Suzuki.
2. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
(a) Cio-Cio-San and Suzuki.
(b) Pinkerton and his American wife.
(c) Pinkerton and Cio-Cio-San
(d) Cio-Cio-San and Sharpless.
3. Who is the American consul character in Madame Butterfly?
4. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
(a) He wanted to kill her.
(b) He wanted her to be sad.
(c) He wanted to kill Pinkerton.
(d) He wanted to take her in his arms.
5. What does Song say is one of a Westerner's favorite fantasies?
(a) The submissive Oriental woman with the cruel white man.
(b) The submissive white women with the cruel Oriental man.
(c) The submissive Oriental woman and the shy white man.
(d) The meek husband and the brave Oriental wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of woman did Gallimard marry?
2. Why did Isabelle have sex with Gallimard?
3. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
4. In what year does Scene 6 take place?
5. What does Song call Gallimard?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)