|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
(a) "I saved a woman, here I lie."
(b) "I saved a dollar, here I lie."
(c) "I loved money."
(d) "I loved the perfect woman."
2. In Gallimard's fantasy, who plays Pinkerton?
(a) Comrade Chin.
(c) Gallimard himself.
(d) Manuel Toulon.
3. What is Song's full name?
(a) Song Gallimard.
(b) Song Liling.
(c) Song Suzuki.
(d) Song Long.
4. How long did it take before Gallimard went to see Song perform at the opera house?
(a) Four months.
(b) Four days.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
5. Where does Scene 8 take place?
(a) The Chinese opera house and the streets of Beijing.
(b) A prison cell and the streets of Paris.
(c) The President's home.
(d) The Ambassador's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gallimard say about Song's performance?
2. What did Helga want to know about Song's performance Gallimard had seen that night?
3. What does Song say is one of a Westerner's favorite fantasies?
4. What do the three people in Scene 2 think of Gallimard?
5. According to Gallimard, who wrote Madame Butterfly?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)