|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
(a) "Least likely to kiss a girl."
(b) "Least likely to be invited to a party."
(c) "Least likely to succeed."
(d) "Least popular."
2. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
(a) They are an incredibly arrogant people.
(b) They are an amazing people.
(c) They are a young people.
(d) They are a people with a rich heritage.
3. What is Gallimard thinking when he is having sex with Isabelle?
(a) "Help me!"
(b) "God. This is wonderful!"
(c) "I wonder who she is..."
(d) "God. So this is it?"
4. What is Song afraid of as she is entertaining Gallimard in her parlor?
(c) A beating from her father.
(d) Hoping for too much.
5. What does Gallimard consider himself to be?
(a) A celebrity.
(b) A failure.
(c) An old man.
(d) A perfect man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gallimard say about Song's performance?
2. In what year does Scene 4 take place?
3. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
4. What does Song say is one of a Westerner's favorite fantasies?
5. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)