|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
(a) "I saved a dollar, here I lie."
(b) "I saved a woman, here I lie."
(c) "I loved the perfect woman."
(d) "I loved money."
2. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
(a) Huge women in bad makeup.
(b) Huge women in viking helmets.
(c) Small men in drag.
(d) Huge men in bad makeup.
3. How much does Pinkerton pay for Butterfly?
(a) 200 dollars.
(b) 100 dollars.
(c) 200 yen.
(d) 100 yen
4. Where does Scene 11 take place?
(a) The French embassy.
(b) The American embassy.
(c) The Austrian embassy
(d) The German embassy.
5. What is the setting of Scene 2?
(a) A courtroom.
(b) The streets of Beijing.
(c) A party in a chic parlor.
(d) A flat in China.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gallimard thinking when he is having sex with Isabelle?
2. What it the setting of Scene 6?
3. What was one outstanding feature about Isabelle that Marc remembers?
4. What does Song say is undervalued in the West?
5. What does Gallimard say about Song's performance?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)