|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, in what city is Gallimard residing?
(a) Beijing, China.
(b) Shanghai, China.
(c) Versailles, France.
(d) Paris, France.
2. From what location is Gallimard narrating his story?
(a) His flat in Paris.
(b) A prison cell in Paris.
(c) A courtroom in Paris.
(d) His flat in Beijing.
3. Finish the sentence: "...there's no guarantee of failure in life like ________"
(a) "...a depressing mairage."
(b) "...happiness in high school."
(c) "...finding happiness in love."
(d) "...failure as a child."
4. In the first scene of the play, how old is Gallimard?
5. What does Butterfly use to kill herself in the opera?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) Her sleeves.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
2. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
3. What does Song call Gallimard?
4. Why did Isabelle have sex with Gallimard?
5. What song from Madame Butterfly underscores the scene in which Gallimard is reading Song's letters?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)