|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, in what city is Gallimard residing?
(a) Versailles, France.
(b) Shanghai, China.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Beijing, China.
2. Finish the sentence: "...there's no guarantee of failure in life like ________"
(a) "...failure as a child."
(b) "...finding happiness in love."
(c) "...a depressing mairage."
(d) "...happiness in high school."
3. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
(a) Huge women in viking helmets.
(b) Small men in drag.
(c) Huge men in bad makeup.
(d) Huge women in bad makeup.
4. What it the setting of Scene 6?
(a) His flat in Paris.
(b) His flat in Beijing.
(c) The German ambassador's house.
(d) The Australian ambassador's house.
5. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
(a) She said she missed him.
(b) She said she would tell his wife.
(c) She was very hateful.
(d) She called him "friend."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
2. What does Song promise to Gallimard after her outburst?
3. What does Gallimard consider himself to be?
4. What character does Marc appear as in Act 1, Scene 11?
5. What is Song afraid of as she is entertaining Gallimard in her parlor?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)