|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Gallimard cease to call on Song?
(a) He has no interest in her.
(b) To feel the rush of power over a woman.
(c) He was afraid of scandal.
(d) To protect her.
2. How much does Pinkerton pay for Butterfly?
(a) 100 yen
(b) 200 dollars.
(c) 100 dollars.
(d) 200 yen.
3. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
(a) Small men in drag.
(b) Huge women in viking helmets.
(c) Huge men in bad makeup.
(d) Huge women in bad makeup.
4. In what year does Scene 4 take place?
(a) Present day.
5. Where does Scene 8 take place?
(a) The Chinese opera house and the streets of Beijing.
(b) The President's home.
(c) The Ambassador's home.
(d) A prison cell and the streets of Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, in what city is Gallimard residing?
2. What did Gallimard replace with practicality?
3. In Madame Butterfly, what are the last words Butterfly sings before she kills herself?
4. What song from Madame Butterfly underscores the scene in which Gallimard is reading Song's letters?
5. According to Gallimard, who wrote Madame Butterfly?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)