|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Song afraid of as she is entertaining Gallimard in her parlor?
(c) Hoping for too much.
(d) A beating from her father.
2. What does Song say she has never done before?
(a) Talked to a man.
(b) Sang for a white person.
(c) Invited a man up to her flat.
(d) Thought of any man the way she thinks of Gallimard.
3. What does Song say about the soul of China?
(a) It is much older than the soul of France.
(b) It is a forward-thinking society.
(c) It is unwilling to learn from its mistakes..
(d) It is rooted two thousand years in the past.
4. What does Song promise to Gallimard after her outburst?
(a) She will serve him tea.
(b) She will not apologize for anything else.
(c) She will fire the servants.
(d) She will love him forever.
5. Finish the sentence: "...there's no guarantee of failure in life like ________"
(a) "...a depressing mairage."
(b) "...finding happiness in love."
(c) "...failure as a child."
(d) "...happiness in high school."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Helga want to know about Song's performance Gallimard had seen that night?
2. What song from Madame Butterfly underscores the scene in which Gallimard is reading Song's letters?
3. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
4. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
5. What did Gallimard replace with practicality?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)