|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gallimard sick of hearing about the Chinese culture?
(a) That it is new.
(b) That it is submissive.
(c) That is it small.
(d) That it is old.
2. What does Song say is one of a Westerner's favorite fantasies?
(a) The submissive Oriental woman with the cruel white man.
(b) The meek husband and the brave Oriental wife.
(c) The submissive Oriental woman and the shy white man.
(d) The submissive white women with the cruel Oriental man.
3. What is Song's full name?
(a) Song Liling.
(b) Song Long.
(c) Song Gallimard.
(d) Song Suzuki.
4. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
5. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
(a) Cio-Cio-San and Suzuki.
(b) Pinkerton and Cio-Cio-San
(c) Cio-Cio-San and Sharpless.
(d) Pinkerton and his American wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Scene 2?
2. How much does Pinkerton pay for Butterfly?
3. What did Gallimard replace with practicality?
4. What is the famous duet that Pinkerton and Sharpless sing together?
5. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)