|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Madame Butterfly, how old is Butterfly?
2. What is different about the night that occurs in Scene 10?
(a) Helga meets Song.
(b) Gallimard walks Song home.
(c) Gallimard has been invited into Song's apartment.
(d) Gallimard kisses Song.
3. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
(a) They are an incredibly arrogant people.
(b) They are a people with a rich heritage.
(c) They are a young people.
(d) They are an amazing people.
4. What does Song say is undervalued in the West?
(d) Street smarts.
5. What is Song's full name?
(a) Song Gallimard.
(b) Song Suzuki.
(c) Song Long.
(d) Song Liling.
Short Answer Questions
1. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
2. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
3. How much does Pinkerton pay for Butterfly?
4. Who is the American consul character in Madame Butterfly?
5. What does Song think of the story of Madame Butterfly?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)