|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gallimard replace with practicality?
2. Who plays the character of Suzuki in Gallimard's dream?
(b) Comrade Chin.
3. How does Gallimard describe his meetings with Song after her weekly performances?
(b) Full of pleasure.
4. Who is the American consul character in Madame Butterfly?
5. In what year does Scene 4 take place?
(c) Present day.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Revolution, what signs would hang in the windows of the clubs in Shanghai?
2. What does Butterfly use to kill herself in the opera?
3. What song from Madame Butterfly underscores the scene in which Gallimard is reading Song's letters?
4. What is Song afraid of as she is entertaining Gallimard in her parlor?
5. In Madame Butterfly, what are the last words Butterfly sings before she kills herself?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)