|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How large is Gallimard's cell?
(a) 4 1/2 feet by 5 feet.
(b) 3 meters by 5 meters.
(c) 4 feet by 5 feet.
(d) 4 1/2 meters by 5 meters.
2. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
(a) He will love a butterfly and never let it go.
(b) He will catch a butterfly, pierce its heart and leave it to perish.
(c) He will kill her baby.
(d) He will force her to leave her family.
3. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
(a) "Least likely to kiss a girl."
(b) "Least likely to succeed."
(c) "Least likely to be invited to a party."
(d) "Least popular."
4. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
(a) Cio-Cio-San and Suzuki.
(b) Cio-Cio-San and Sharpless.
(c) Pinkerton and his American wife.
(d) Pinkerton and Cio-Cio-San
5. What did Gallimard believe Song was doing before they part ways at the end of Scene 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song call Gallimard?
2. What does Song hate about her audience?
3. By what other name does Pinkerton's wife go?
4. Finish the sentence: "...there's no guarantee of failure in life like ________"
5. What is Song's full name?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)