|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Gallimard get scared when Isabelle screamed that she was coming?
(a) He didn't want it to end.
(b) He thought she meant someone was actually coming.
(c) He didn't like loud noises.
(d) He was embarrassed to be seen with her.
2. What does Song say is different about Gallimard that made him stand out in her audience?
(a) He is wearing a hat.
(b) He is a man.
(c) He is French.
(d) He is wearing a tie.
3. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
(a) They are an incredibly arrogant people.
(b) They are an amazing people.
(c) They are a young people.
(d) They are a people with a rich heritage.
4. During the Revolution, what signs would hang in the windows of the clubs in Shanghai?
(a) "No women allowed."
(b) "Whites only."
(c) "No dogs or cats."
(d) "No dogs and Chinamen."
5. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
(a) Small men in drag.
(b) Huge men in bad makeup.
(c) Huge women in viking helmets.
(d) Huge women in bad makeup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gallimard thinking when he is having sex with Isabelle?
2. In Madame Butterfly, how old is Butterfly?
3. In what year does Scene 6 take place?
4. What does Song say she has never done before?
5. How much does Pinkerton pay for Butterfly?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)