|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song from Madame Butterfly underscores the scene in which Gallimard is reading Song's letters?
(a) "Love Duet"
(b) "Butterfly's Death."
(c) "The Whole World Over."
(d) "I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major General."
2. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
(a) She said she would tell his wife.
(b) She was very hateful.
(c) She said she missed him.
(d) She called him "friend."
3. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
(a) "Least likely to be invited to a party."
(b) "Least popular."
(c) "Least likely to succeed."
(d) "Least likely to kiss a girl."
4. What did Helga want to know about Song's performance Gallimard had seen that night?
(a) She wanted to know if Song had a nice costume.
(b) She wanted to know if Song was pretty.
(c) She wanted to know if Gallimard had liked it.
(d) She wanted to know if Song sang well.
5. In the stage directions, who does David Henry Hwang compare Song to in appearance?
(a) Anna May Wong.
(b) Lana Turner.
(c) Nancy Kwan.
(d) Rita Moreno.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Scene 6 take place?
2. Who plays the character of Suzuki in Gallimard's dream?
3. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
4. Who appears in Gallimard's dream in Scene 9?
5. How many women has Marc slept with since he got married?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)