|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Madame Butterfly, how old is Butterfly?
2. What do the three people in Scene 2 think of Gallimard?
(a) They believe he is a handsome man.
(b) They believe he is not good looking.
(c) They think he is inspiring.
(d) They think he is dangerous.
3. What kind of woman did Gallimard marry?
(a) A quiet woman.
(b) An older woman.
(c) An heiress.
(d) A sweet woman.
4. In what year does Scene 4 take place?
(a) Present day.
5. What does Song claim she has given to Gallimard?
(a) Her life.
(b) Her love.
(c) Her soul.
(d) Her shame.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about the night that occurs in Scene 10?
2. According to Gallimard, who wrote Madame Butterfly?
3. How many women has Marc slept with since he got married?
4. From what location is Gallimard narrating his story?
5. What it the setting of Scene 6?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)