|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Song afraid of as she is entertaining Gallimard in her parlor?
(b) A beating from her father.
(d) Hoping for too much.
2. What kind of woman did Gallimard marry?
(a) A quiet woman.
(b) An heiress.
(c) A sweet woman.
(d) An older woman.
3. What do the three people in Scene 2 think of Gallimard?
(a) They believe he is a handsome man.
(b) They think he is dangerous.
(c) They think he is inspiring.
(d) They believe he is not good looking.
4. In Madame Butterfly, what are the last words Butterfly sings before she kills herself?
(a) "Life is no worse than death. This life is dishonor."
(b) "Death without honor is worse in life. Life is dishonor."
(c) "Death with honor is better than life. Life with dishonor."
(d) "Death in life is worse than death. Death is life."
5. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
(a) She was very hateful.
(b) She said she would tell his wife.
(c) She called him "friend."
(d) She said she missed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Helga want to know about Song's performance Gallimard had seen that night?
2. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
3. What does Song say is different about Gallimard that made him stand out in her audience?
4. What song from Madame Butterfly underscores the scene in which Gallimard is reading Song's letters?
5. In Scene 1, in what city is Gallimard residing?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)