|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marc compare a pool full of naked women to?
(a) A barrel of monkeys.
(b) A grab bag.
(c) A fish pond.
(d) A scandal waiting to happen.
2. What does Butterfly use to kill herself in the opera?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) Her sleeves.
(d) A sword.
3. What kind of woman did Gallimard marry?
(a) A sweet woman.
(b) An older woman.
(c) A quiet woman.
(d) An heiress.
4. What is the famous duet that Pinkerton and Sharpless sing together?
(a) "The Love Duet."
(b) "The Lass that Loved a Sailor."
(c) "The Marriage Duet."
(d) "The Whole World Over."
5. In what year does Scene 4 take place?
(a) Present day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song hate about her audience?
2. Finish the sentence: "...there's no guarantee of failure in life like ________"
3. What is Gallimard thinking when he is having sex with Isabelle?
4. What was one outstanding feature about Isabelle that Marc remembers?
5. According to Gallimard, who wrote Madame Butterfly?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)