|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many women has Marc slept with since he got married?
(c) Four hundred.
(d) Three hundred.
2. What did Helga want to know about Song's performance Gallimard had seen that night?
(a) She wanted to know if Song had a nice costume.
(b) She wanted to know if Song was pretty.
(c) She wanted to know if Gallimard had liked it.
(d) She wanted to know if Song sang well.
3. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
(a) She was the first woman Marc ever loved.
(b) She was the first woman he ever loved.
(c) She was his sister.
(d) She was his first sexual experience.
4. What does Song think of the story of Madame Butterfly?
(a) She thinks it is boring.
(b) She thinks it is beautiful.
(c) She thinks it is ridiculous.
(d) She thinks it is the perfect opera.
5. What is the setting of Scene 2?
(a) A party in a chic parlor.
(b) A flat in China.
(c) The streets of Beijing.
(d) A courtroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Gallimard, who wrote Madame Butterfly?
2. Finish the sentence: "...there's no guarantee of failure in life like ________"
3. How long did it take before Gallimard went to see Song perform at the opera house?
4. What did Gallimard replace with practicality?
5. What does Song call Gallimard?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)