Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song say about the soul of China?
(a) It is rooted two thousand years in the past.
(b) It is much older than the soul of France.
(c) It is unwilling to learn from its mistakes..
(d) It is a forward-thinking society.
2. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
(a) Huge men in bad makeup.
(b) Huge women in viking helmets.
(c) Small men in drag.
(d) Huge women in bad makeup.
3. Where does Scene 11 take place?
(a) The German embassy.
(b) The French embassy.
(c) The Austrian embassy
(d) The American embassy.
4. How much does Pinkerton pay for Butterfly?
(a) 100 dollars.
(b) 100 yen
(c) 200 dollars.
(d) 200 yen.
5. What does Marc compare a pool full of naked women to?
(a) A fish pond.
(b) A scandal waiting to happen.
(c) A barrel of monkeys.
(d) A grab bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Gallimard get scared when Isabelle screamed that she was coming?
2. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
3. According to Gallimard, who wrote Madame Butterfly?
4. What song from Madame Butterfly underscores the scene in which Gallimard is reading Song's letters?
5. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)