|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song say she has never done before?
(a) Thought of any man the way she thinks of Gallimard.
(b) Sang for a white person.
(c) Talked to a man.
(d) Invited a man up to her flat.
2. What is Song afraid of as she is entertaining Gallimard in her parlor?
(a) Hoping for too much.
(c) A beating from her father.
3. What does Song say about the soul of China?
(a) It is rooted two thousand years in the past.
(b) It is a forward-thinking society.
(c) It is much older than the soul of France.
(d) It is unwilling to learn from its mistakes..
4. What is Gallimard thinking when he is having sex with Isabelle?
(a) "I wonder who she is..."
(b) "God. So this is it?"
(c) "God. This is wonderful!"
(d) "Help me!"
5. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
(a) He will catch a butterfly, pierce its heart and leave it to perish.
(b) He will kill her baby.
(c) He will force her to leave her family.
(d) He will love a butterfly and never let it go.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
2. What secret can't Toulon keep from Gallimard?
3. At what point in the plot does Scene 8 pick up?
4. What does Song say is necessary to counter a counter-revolutionary act?
5. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)