|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
(a) She was the first woman Marc ever loved.
(b) She was his sister.
(c) She was his first sexual experience.
(d) She was the first woman he ever loved.
2. What does Gallimard say his job affects?
(a) A large part of the universe.
(b) A small corner of the world.
(c) A bit of the earth.
(d) A small slice of China.
3. What song from Madame Butterfly underscores the scene in which Gallimard is reading Song's letters?
(a) "The Whole World Over."
(b) "I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major General."
(c) "Love Duet"
(d) "Butterfly's Death."
4. What does Gallimard want Toulon to tell the Americans?
(a) There is a natural affinity between the West and the Orient.
(b) The Americas should protectthe Orient.
(c) There is a bond of trust between the East and West.
(d) There is a natural affinity between America and France.
5. What does Song say she has never done before?
(a) Talked to a man.
(b) Invited a man up to her flat.
(c) Thought of any man the way she thinks of Gallimard.
(d) Sang for a white person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the baby?
2. Why does Song believe women's roles in opera are played by men?
3. What character does Marc appear as in Act 1, Scene 11?
4. What does Chin want to make sure that Song remembers?
5. Who does Comrade Chin report to?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)