|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song say is necessary to counter a counter-revolutionary act?
(a) A counter-revolutionary act.
(b) An act of desperation.
(c) A revolutionary act.
(d) An act of violence.
2. What does Song realize Gallimard wants her to do?
(a) To pleasure him.
(b) To want him.
(c) To leave him.
(d) To submit to him.
3. What is Gallimard thinking when he is having sex with Isabelle?
(a) "God. This is wonderful!"
(b) "Help me!"
(c) "God. So this is it?"
(d) "I wonder who she is..."
4. What does Song say about the soul of China?
(a) It is rooted two thousand years in the past.
(b) It is a forward-thinking society.
(c) It is unwilling to learn from its mistakes..
(d) It is much older than the soul of France.
5. What does Gallimard claim about the Chinese?
(a) They want to be protected by the Vietnamese.
(b) They love the American president.
(c) They love the white people.
(d) They do not like Ho Chi Minh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song get upset about when she enters the room?
2. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
3. What does Song tell Gallimard he was to her?
4. According to Song, what does happiness look like?
5. Finish the sentence: "We must conserve our strength for the battles..."
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)