|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chin enters, what does Gallimard beg of the audience?
(a) To love Song despite her betrayal.
(b) To try to see it from his point of view,
(c) To side with whoever they see fit.
(d) To judge Song for what she is doing.
2. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
3. Why does Song believe women's roles in opera are played by men?
(a) Song believes China wants to keep women unstimulated.
(b) Song believes a woman is too smart to act.
(c) Song believes only a man knows how a woman should act.
(d) Song believes women can't act.
4. What does Gallimard say his job affects?
(a) A large part of the universe.
(b) A bit of the earth.
(c) A small corner of the world.
(d) A small slice of China.
5. What idea of Song's does Gallimard repeat to Toulon?
(a) The Chinese culture is rooted two-thousad years in the past.
(b) The Chinese are afraid of power.
(c) The Chinese miss the old days.
(d) The Chinese are kept ignorant equally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gallimard's opinion of the baby?
2. What is the name of the baby?
3. In what year does Scene 8 take place?
4. According to Gallimard, who do the Orientals want to be associated with?
5. What does Toulon find irritating?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)