|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
(a) She called him "friend."
(b) She was very hateful.
(c) She said she would tell his wife.
(d) She said she missed him.
2. What song from Madame Butterfly underscores the scene in which Gallimard is reading Song's letters?
(a) "Love Duet"
(b) "The Whole World Over."
(c) "Butterfly's Death."
(d) "I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major General."
3. What does Song promise to Gallimard after her outburst?
(a) She will love him forever.
(b) She will fire the servants.
(c) She will not apologize for anything else.
(d) She will serve him tea.
4. Where does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Gallimard and Butterfly's flat.
(b) The streets of Paris.
(c) Helga's apartment.
(d) A prison cell.
5. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
(a) He will love a butterfly and never let it go.
(b) He will force her to leave her family.
(c) He will catch a butterfly, pierce its heart and leave it to perish.
(d) He will kill her baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song call Gallimard?
2. What does Song get upset about when she enters the room?
3. In what year does Scene 8 take place?
4. Where does Scene 7 take place?
5. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)