|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toulon feel about Gallimard's infidelity?
(a) He is disgusted.
(b) He approves.
(c) He denies it is happening.
(d) He finds it hilarious.
2. What does Gallimard want Toulon to tell the Americans?
(a) There is a natural affinity between the West and the Orient.
(b) There is a bond of trust between the East and West.
(c) The Americas should protectthe Orient.
(d) There is a natural affinity between America and France.
3. What does Song tell Gallimard he was to her?
(a) Her greatest acting challenge.
(b) Her greatest lie.
(c) Her greatest love.
(d) Her only way out of China.
4. What does Song say is necessary to counter a counter-revolutionary act?
(a) A revolutionary act.
(b) A counter-revolutionary act.
(c) An act of violence.
(d) An act of desperation.
5. What is different about the night that occurs in Scene 10?
(a) Gallimard has been invited into Song's apartment.
(b) Gallimard kisses Song.
(c) Helga meets Song.
(d) Gallimard walks Song home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in the framed picture that Gallimard picks up?
2. In the stage directions, who does David Henry Hwang compare Song to in appearance?
3. Finish the sentence: "...there's no guarantee of failure in life like ________"
4. What does Song call Gallimard?
5. What does Song need from Comrade Chin?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)