|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what point in the plot does Scene 8 pick up?
(a) Song asked Gallimard to leave Helga.
(b) Song begged Gallimard to marry her.
(c) Song wanted to name the baby Peepee.
(d) When Song announced she was pregnant.
2. What does Gallimard want Toulon to tell the Americans?
(a) The Americas should protectthe Orient.
(b) There is a natural affinity between America and France.
(c) There is a natural affinity between the West and the Orient.
(d) There is a bond of trust between the East and West.
3. What does Song realize Gallimard wants her to do?
(a) To leave him.
(b) To pleasure him.
(c) To want him.
(d) To submit to him.
4. As Chin enters, what does Gallimard beg of the audience?
(a) To judge Song for what she is doing.
(b) To love Song despite her betrayal.
(c) To try to see it from his point of view,
(d) To side with whoever they see fit.
5. What does Gallimard say his job affects?
(a) A bit of the earth.
(b) A large part of the universe.
(c) A small corner of the world.
(d) A small slice of China.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "We must conserve our strength for the battles..."
2. What does Song say she has never done before?
3. Where does Scene 11 take place?
4. What does Song claim she has given to Gallimard?
5. What does Chin think about actors?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)