|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song say about the soul of China?
(a) It is unwilling to learn from its mistakes..
(b) It is rooted two thousand years in the past.
(c) It is a forward-thinking society.
(d) It is much older than the soul of France.
2. What does Song say about Chin as she exits?
(a) "What passes for a man in modern America.
(b) "What passes as a servant to the people."
(c) "What passes for a woman in modern China."
(d) "What passes for an officer."
3. At what point in the plot does Scene 8 pick up?
(a) Song begged Gallimard to marry her.
(b) Song wanted to name the baby Peepee.
(c) Song asked Gallimard to leave Helga.
(d) When Song announced she was pregnant.
4. According to the commentary that Gallimard reads in Act 2, Scene 1, what does every man want to do to Pinkerton when they watch Madame Butterfly?
(a) Hug him.
(b) Kick him.
(c) Shake his hand.
(d) Kill him.
5. What does Gallimard claim about the Chinese?
(a) They love the white people.
(b) They want to be protected by the Vietnamese.
(c) They do not like Ho Chi Minh.
(d) They love the American president.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea of Song's does Gallimard repeat to Toulon?
2. Why does Song believe women's roles in opera are played by men?
3. What is Gallimard thinking when he is having sex with Isabelle?
4. What does Song say she has never done before?
5. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)