|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the stage directions, who does David Henry Hwang compare Song to in appearance?
(a) Lana Turner.
(b) Anna May Wong.
(c) Nancy Kwan.
(d) Rita Moreno.
2. What does Song need from Comrade Chin?
(a) A new name.
(b) A baby.
(c) A job.
(d) An alibi.
3. What does Gallimard say his job affects?
(a) A bit of the earth.
(b) A small slice of China.
(c) A large part of the universe.
(d) A small corner of the world.
4. What does Song get upset about when she enters the room?
(a) Her servants are ignoring her.
(b) Her servants haven't poured any tea.
(c) Gallimard is upset.
(d) Her servants haven't taken his coat.
5. Which character is watching Scene 7?
(b) Every character in the cast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
2. What is Song's response when Chin wants to know how Song retains all the information?
3. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
4. According to the commentary that Gallimard reads in Act 2, Scene 1, what does every man want to do to Pinkerton when they watch Madame Butterfly?
5. How does Toulon feel about Gallimard's infidelity?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)