1. From what location is Gallimard narrating his story?
(a) A courtroom in Paris.
(b) A prison cell in Paris.
(c) His flat in Beijing.
(d) His flat in Paris.
2. In the first scene of the play, how old is Gallimard?
3. How large is Gallimard's cell?
(a) 4 1/2 meters by 5 meters.
(b) 4 feet by 5 feet.
(c) 3 meters by 5 meters.
(d) 4 1/2 feet by 5 feet.
4. In Scene 1, in what city is Gallimard residing?
(a) Beijing, China.
(b) Shanghai, China.
(c) Versailles, France.
(d) Paris, France.
5. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
(a) "Least popular."
(b) "Least likely to succeed."
(c) "Least likely to kiss a girl."
(d) "Least likely to be invited to a party."
6. What does Gallimard consider himself to be?
(a) A celebrity.
(b) A perfect man.
(c) An old man.
(d) A failure.
7. What is the setting of Scene 2?
(a) A party in a chic parlor.
(b) The streets of Beijing.
(c) A courtroom.
(d) A flat in China.
8. What do the three people in Scene 2 think of Gallimard?
(a) They think he is inspiring.
(b) They believe he is a handsome man.
(c) They think he is dangerous.
(d) They believe he is not good looking.
This section contains 4,396 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)