Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Out of an estimated 400 hundred Sakonnets in 1700, how many remained in 1774?
2. What English woman was taken captive in Lancaster?
3. What type of a new American came into being after King Philip's War?
4. What son of Massasoit became Pokanokets' new leader?
5. Why did many Indians die in the summer of 1623?
Essay Topic 1
The author states that when violence and fear grip a society, it is easy to demonize the enemy as justification for violent actions. Discuss how the Pilgrims and/or the Indians justified violence by demonizing one another throughout the many conflicts that occurred between the groups.
Essay Topic 2
Some might say it is contradictory for people with strong religious beliefs to use violence to suit their purposes. Argue why you think it was or was not contradictory for the Pilgrims to use violence. Use specific examples from the book to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether Dorothy Bradford committed suicide or if she simply fell overboard. Use examples from the book to support your arguments.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)