|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was he leader of the Connecticut forces?
2. What did Winslow designate Thursday, June 24, 1675?
3. What did the Pilgrims insist be secured before any Native land purchases could proceed?
4. What vandalism in 1675 caused Governor Winslow to ask for assistance from the Massachusetts Bay colony?
5. Toward the end of the war, what did the New Englanders do with Indian captives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the consequences of the war with Philip and why the victory might be considered a Pyrrhic victory for the English.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether Dorothy Bradford committed suicide or if she simply fell overboard. Use examples from the book to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 8, Pastor John Robinson writes about the ruffling course that the Pilgrims began with the Wessagusett raid. Argue whether Robinson's words proved to be prophetic or did not prove to be prophetic given the ultimate course of New England's history.
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)