Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Out of an estimated 400 hundred Sakonnets in 1700, how many remained in 1774?
2. What English woman was taken captive in Lancaster?
3. What type of a new American came into being after King Philip's War?
4. What son of Massasoit became Pokanokets' new leader?
5. Why did many Indians die in the summer of 1623?
Some might say it is contradictory for people with strong religious beliefs to use violence to suit their purposes. Argue why you think it was or was not contradictory for the Pilgrims to use violence. Use specific examples from the book to support your argument.
The Pilgrims had refused the services of John Smith because they wanted no Stranger to tell them what to do. Instead, the Pilgrims, whether they realized it or not, came under the control of Squanto. Explain how Squanto manipulated the Pilgrims and their relationship with Massasoit.
Although King Philip's War became a racial war, it was also caused by greed. Explain how greed led Philip and the English into the conflict and what gain the parties expected to obtain from the conflict.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)