|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Great Migration come to an end in the early 1640s?
2. Toward the end of the war, what did the New Englanders do with Indian captives?
3. What friendly tribe had their wigwams burned by Moseley?
4. What colony did Roger Williams found?
5. In December 1675, who became the leader of over 1,000 English soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the New Englanders decide to attack the Narragansetts?
2. Why were the Massachusetts planning to attack Wessagusett and Plymouth?
3. Why did the Plymouth's debilitating food shortages end in the fall of 1623?
4. Describe John Eliot's missionary work with the Indians.
5. Describe the story that Church tells at the conclusion of his account of the war.
6. What marvelous change came upon Bradford as his health declined in May of 1657?
7. What became the focus of the children and grandchildren of the Pilgrims?
8. What happened because the children of the Pilgrims chose to pursue economic prosperity at the expense of the Indians?
9. Why did Thomas Morton represent everything the Pilgrims had come to America to escape?
10. How did Philip resort to deception to create an alliance with the Mohawks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Pilgrims believed that God played a role in their destiny, but they also did not hesitate to do whatever needed to be done to take charge of their own destiny. Explain incidents that demonstrate how the Pilgrims took charge of their own destiny.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the Plymouth colony and the Massachusetts Bay colony, and explain why or why not the Pilgrims should have settled at Boston rather than Plymouth.
Essay Topic 3
The Pilgrims had refused the services of John Smith because they wanted no Stranger to tell them what to do. Instead, the Pilgrims, whether they realized it or not, came under the control of Squanto. Explain how Squanto manipulated the Pilgrims and their relationship with Massasoit.
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)