Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Out of an estimated 400 hundred Sakonnets in 1700, how many remained in 1774?
2. What English woman was taken captive in Lancaster?
3. What type of a new American came into being after King Philip's War?
4. What son of Massasoit became Pokanokets' new leader?
5. Why did many Indians die in the summer of 1623?
Essay Topic 1
The author states that there are two possible responses to a world gripped by terror and contention. The first to get mad and get even, and the second is to use coercion rather than slaughter. Explain these two responses to an enemy and compare individuals in the book who used these responses. Does one way get better results? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The Pilgrims believed that God played a role in their destiny, but they also did not hesitate to do whatever needed to be done to take charge of their own destiny. Explain incidents that demonstrate how the Pilgrims took charge of their own destiny.
Essay Topic 3
Massasoit's first impulse was to curse the Pilgrims. Explain the people, fears, or events that led him to befriend the Pilgrims rather than cursing them.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)