|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had pledged his country's support to Philip in the fall?
2. Who believed that the only good Indian was a dead Indian?
3. Who was he leader of the Connecticut forces?
4. Who was the only Englishman in Sakonnet?
5. What was the name of the settlement north of Wessagusett in modern Braintree?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the war between Philip and Plymouth escalated from a simple political conflict to a full fledged war between races. Explain how different events and actions of the combatants escalated the regional conflict.
Essay Topic 2
A common theme throughout the book is the Puritan belief that everything in life happens for a reason. Explain this belief, how it affected the Puritan's daily lives, and show examples of incidents the Puritans believed occurred because God made them occur.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 8, Pastor John Robinson writes about the ruffling course that the Pilgrims began with the Wessagusett raid. Argue whether Robinson's words proved to be prophetic or did not prove to be prophetic given the ultimate course of New England's history.
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)