|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had to intercede in an altercation between Standish and fishermen on Cape Ann?
2. What became the economic center of the region after 1660?
3. Who bought the Mount Hope Peninsula went it was for sale in 1680?
4. Why was Massasoit sick?
5. Who were the most feared warriors in the Northeast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence has been found that show the degree to which Western goods became of part of Indian life?
2. What happened to the Narragansett fort?
3. What did the New England militia find in the Pokanokets' village?
4. Describe the conditions at the colony of Wessagusett.
5. Why did the New Englanders decide to attack the Narragansetts?
6. Why in the early 1640s did the Great Migration come to an end?
7. Who refused to forgive the Pilgrims for "the killing of those poor Indians."
8. What happened because the children of the Pilgrims chose to pursue economic prosperity at the expense of the Indians?
9. How were the Indians cut out of the New England real estate market?
10. How did Standish kill Wituwamat and Pecksuot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 3, a Frenchmen told his Indian captors that "God was angry with them for their wickedness, and would destroy them and give their country to another people." Argue whether King Philip's war was or was not God's vengeance on the Indians.
Essay Topic 2
Although King Philip's War became a racial war, it was also caused by greed. Explain how greed led Philip and the English into the conflict and what gain the parties expected to obtain from the conflict.
Essay Topic 3
During their search for a location for their settlement, the Pilgrims found some Indian Corn, and they stole it knowing there might be repercussions. Prepare arguments explaining whether the Pilgrims should or should not have stolen the corn. Are there ever circumstances that make stealing the right course of action?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)