|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Out of an estimated 400 hundred Sakonnets in 1700, how many remained in 1774?
2. What English woman was taken captive in Lancaster?
3. What type of a new American came into being after King Philip's War?
4. What son of Massasoit became Pokanokets' new leader?
5. Why did many Indians die in the summer of 1623?
Essay Topic 1
A common theme throughout the book is the Puritan belief that everything in life happens for a reason. Explain this belief, how it affected the Puritan's daily lives, and show examples of incidents the Puritans believed occurred because God made them occur.
Essay Topic 2
During their search for a location for their settlement, the Pilgrims found some Indian Corn, and they stole it knowing there might be repercussions. Prepare arguments explaining whether the Pilgrims should or should not have stolen the corn. Are there ever circumstances that make stealing the right course of action?
Essay Topic 3
Some might say it is contradictory for people with strong religious beliefs to use violence to suit their purposes. Argue why you think it was or was not contradictory for the Pilgrims to use violence. Use specific examples from the book to support your argument.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)