Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Out of an estimated 400 hundred Sakonnets in 1700, how many remained in 1774?
2. What English woman was taken captive in Lancaster?
3. What type of a new American came into being after King Philip's War?
4. What son of Massasoit became Pokanokets' new leader?
5. Why did many Indians die in the summer of 1623?
Essay Topic 1
There are several theories regarding what started the war between the English and King Philip. Explain the different theories and why one theory for the cause of the war is more plausible than other theories.
Essay Topic 2
Although King Philip's War became a racial war, it was also caused by greed. Explain how greed led Philip and the English into the conflict and what gain the parties expected to obtain from the conflict.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 8, Pastor John Robinson writes about the ruffling course that the Pilgrims began with the Wessagusett raid. Argue whether Robinson's words proved to be prophetic or did not prove to be prophetic given the ultimate course of New England's history.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)