|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ability had the Pilgrims temporarily ruined after the Wessagusett raid?
2. Who was he leader of the Connecticut forces?
3. How many ships arrived in New England in 1630?
4. Who began equipping the Natives Americans with guns?
5. To what did Massasoit's sons change their names?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the consequences of the war with Philip and why the victory might be considered a Pyrrhic victory for the English.
Essay Topic 2
The Pilgrims left England because of intolerant attitudes toward their religious beliefs. How did the Pilgrims have the same type of intolerant attitude toward the Strangers and others when they settled in the New World?
Essay Topic 3
Although King Philip's War became a racial war, it was also caused by greed. Explain how greed led Philip and the English into the conflict and what gain the parties expected to obtain from the conflict.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)