|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In December 1675, who became the leader of over 1,000 English soldiers?
2. Who became pastor at Plymouth in 1667?
3. Who was he leader of the Connecticut forces?
4. How many tons of lumber were required to build a home in the 1650s?
5. What English woman was taken captive in Lancaster?
Short Essay Questions
1. What became the focus of the children and grandchildren of the Pilgrims?
2. What marvelous change came upon Bradford as his health declined in May of 1657?
3. Why in the early 1640s did the Great Migration come to an end?
4. Describe the conditions at the colony of Wessagusett.
5. What evidence has been found that show the degree to which Western goods became of part of Indian life?
6. How was Standish's influence seen as the Pilgrims gathered for Sunday worship?
7. Describe John Eliot's missionary work with the Indians.
8. Why did Awashonks not want to drink the rum that Church brought?
9. How were the Indians cut out of the New England real estate market?
10. How did Philip resort to deception to create an alliance with the Mohawks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the war between Philip and Plymouth escalated from a simple political conflict to a full fledged war between races. Explain how different events and actions of the combatants escalated the regional conflict.
Essay Topic 2
The Pilgrims left England because of intolerant attitudes toward their religious beliefs. How did the Pilgrims have the same type of intolerant attitude toward the Strangers and others when they settled in the New World?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the consequences of the war with Philip and why the victory might be considered a Pyrrhic victory for the English.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)