|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What son of Massasoit became Pokanokets' new leader?
2. What type of a new American came into being after King Philip's War?
3. Who was the settlement leader of Wessagussett in 1623?
4. What did Massasoit put at the bottom of his last Plymouth land deed?
5. Who was he leader of the Connecticut forces?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Thomas Morton represent everything the Pilgrims had come to America to escape?
2. How was Standish's influence seen as the Pilgrims gathered for Sunday worship?
3. What did Roger Williams do when the Indians attacked Providence?
4. What happened to the Narragansett fort?
5. Why did Philip want the English to draw first blood?
6. Describe the conditions at the colony of Wessagusett.
7. How did Standish kill Wituwamat and Pecksuot?
8. What became the focus of the children and grandchildren of the Pilgrims?
9. What marvelous change came upon Bradford as his health declined in May of 1657?
10. Why did Awashonks not want to drink the rum that Church brought?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Pilgrims left England because of intolerant attitudes toward their religious beliefs. How did the Pilgrims have the same type of intolerant attitude toward the Strangers and others when they settled in the New World?
Essay Topic 2
The Pilgrims believed that God played a role in their destiny, but they also did not hesitate to do whatever needed to be done to take charge of their own destiny. Explain incidents that demonstrate how the Pilgrims took charge of their own destiny.
Essay Topic 3
The Pilgrims had a very difficult first year, but they survived where other colonies failed. Explain why the Pilgrims were able to create a successful colony.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)