Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the cargo worth that the Pilgrims sent back on the Fortune?
2. What did Edward Winslow do on May 12?
3. What two gifts did Winslow and Hopkins take to Massasoit in July of 1621?
4. When did the Mayflower arrive at Provincetown Harbor?
5. On the voyage, how many women were pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Plymouth's debilitating food shortages end in the fall of 1623?
2. Why didn't the Indians and English of Plymouth Colony live in peaceful harmony all of those first fifty-five years?
3. What did the New England militia find in the Pokanokets' village?
4. What process did Plymouth use to remove potentially dangerous Native men and boys?
5. Why did Philip want the English to draw first blood?
6. What happened to the Narragansett fort?
7. Describe the story that Church tells at the conclusion of his account of the war.
8. Where should the Pilgrims have settled rather than Plymouth?
9. What one clue did Bradford leave that might indicate how he felt about the death of his wife?
10. Why do some people think that Dorothy Bradford may have committed suicide?
Essay Topic 1
There are several theories regarding what started the war between the English and King Philip. Explain the different theories and why one theory for the cause of the war is more plausible than other theories.
Essay Topic 2
Although King Philip's War became a racial war, it was also caused by greed. Explain how greed led Philip and the English into the conflict and what gain the parties expected to obtain from the conflict.
Essay Topic 3
During their search for a location for their settlement, the Pilgrims found some Indian Corn, and they stole it knowing there might be repercussions. Prepare arguments explaining whether the Pilgrims should or should not have stolen the corn. Are there ever circumstances that make stealing the right course of action?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)