|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group of Indians became the first in New England to disown Philip?
(a) Massachusetts Indians.
(b) Narragansett Indians.
(c) Pokanoket Indians.
(d) Nantucket Indians.
2. Why did many Indians die in the summer of 1623?
(a) Because of a measles epidemic.
(b) Because of disease.
(c) They were not able to plant crops.
(d) Because of war.
3. What did some of the Wessagussett settlers trade for food?
(b) Cooking pots.
4. What isolated town was attached by the Nipmucks on August 2, 1675?
(b) Mount Hope.
5. Who was the only Englishman in Sakonnet?
(a) John Leverett.
(b) Benjamin Church.
(c) Thomas Moseley.
(d) Francis Cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what did Massasoit's sons change their names?
2. Who began equipping the Natives Americans with guns?
3. Why was Arthur Peach hanged in 1638?
4. Who did Bradford blame for the difficulties the Pilgrims had paying off the colony's debt?
5. Why was Massasoit sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story that Church tells at the conclusion of his account of the war.
2. Toward the end of the war, what did the Englishmen view as a humane alternative to death and torture?
3. What marvelous change came upon Bradford as his health declined in May of 1657?
4. Why were the Massachusetts planning to attack Wessagusett and Plymouth?
5. Why did Awashonks not want to drink the rum that Church brought?
6. What happened because the children of the Pilgrims chose to pursue economic prosperity at the expense of the Indians?
7. Describe John Eliot's missionary work with the Indians.
8. Why in the early 1640s did the Great Migration come to an end?
9. Who refused to forgive the Pilgrims for "the killing of those poor Indians."
10. How did Philip resort to deception to create an alliance with the Mohawks?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)