|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Bradford's "Of Plymouth Plantation" published?
2. Who was the sachem of Sakonnet?
(c) Sagamore Sam.
3. What did the English use as a form of currency, especially during the English civil war?
(a) The Indians' shell beads.
(b) Gold coins.
(c) Letters of credit.
(d) Livestock and crops.
4. Who became the first English mayor of Manhattan?
(a) John Leverett.
(b) Benjamin Church.
(c) Francis Cook.
(d) Thomas Willett.
5. Who believed that the only good Indian was a dead Indian?
(a) Captain Samuel Moseley.
(b) Captain Thomas Lathrop.
(c) Major Simon Willard.
(d) Richard Beers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prophecy had Philip's pow-wows spoken about his death?
2. What did the Pilgrims insist be secured before any Native land purchases could proceed?
3. To what did Massasoit's sons change their names?
4. What group did Massasoit lead in his later years?
5. Who bought the Mount Hope Peninsula went it was for sale in 1680?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why in the early 1640s did the Great Migration come to an end?
2. Who refused to forgive the Pilgrims for "the killing of those poor Indians."
3. Describe the story that Church tells at the conclusion of his account of the war.
4. What marvelous change came upon Bradford as his health declined in May of 1657?
5. What happened because the children of the Pilgrims chose to pursue economic prosperity at the expense of the Indians?
6. How did Standish kill Wituwamat and Pecksuot?
7. What happened to the Narragansett fort?
8. Toward the end of the war, what did the Englishmen view as a humane alternative to death and torture?
9. What did the New England militia find in the Pokanokets' village?
10. What evidence has been found that show the degree to which Western goods became of part of Indian life?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)