|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thomas Morton build instead of a wall?
(a) A maypole.
(b) A threshing floor.
(c) A fort.
(d) A barn.
2. In Chapter 9, where did Miles Standish travel to pick up some corn?
3. What happened to Philip's nine-year-old son?
(a) Sold into slavery.
(b) Went to live with the Narragansetts.
(c) Given to the Sakonnets.
(d) Went to live in Swansea.
4. Toward the end of the war, what did the New Englanders do with Indian captives?
(a) Killed them.
(b) Sent them to Virginia.
(c) Sold them into slavery.
(d) Put them on reservations.
5. To whom did Alexander keep selling land?
(a) Rhode Islanders.
(b) Massachusetts Bay Colony.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many ships arrived in New England in 1630?
2. What nation did Massasoit establish during the years after the Wessagussett raid?
3. What man was one of the first New Englanders to embrace the wilderness?
4. What did the Pilgrims insist be secured before any Native land purchases could proceed?
5. What did some of the Wessagussett settlers trade for food?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence has been found that show the degree to which Western goods became of part of Indian life?
2. What did the New England militia find in the Pokanokets' village?
3. What happened because the children of the Pilgrims chose to pursue economic prosperity at the expense of the Indians?
4. Describe John Eliot's missionary work with the Indians.
5. Who refused to forgive the Pilgrims for "the killing of those poor Indians."
6. Describe the story that Church tells at the conclusion of his account of the war.
7. Why did Philip want the English to draw first blood?
8. Why did the Plymouth's debilitating food shortages end in the fall of 1623?
9. Why did the New Englanders decide to attack the Narragansetts?
10. What marvelous change came upon Bradford as his health declined in May of 1657?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)