|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Winslow designate Thursday, June 24, 1675?
(a) A day of prayer.
(b) A day of feasting.
(c) A day of celebration.
(d) A day of fasting and humiliation.
2. Who was the settlement leader of Wessagussett in 1623?
(a) John Smythe.
(b) John Hamden.
(c) John Sanders.
(d) Phineas Pratt.
3. Who had to intercede in an altercation between Standish and fishermen on Cape Ann?
(a) John Cotton.
(b) Roger Williams.
(c) Thomas Morton.
(d) Roger Conant.
4. What prophecy had Philip's pow-wows spoken about his death?
(a) He would die at the hands of a white general.
(b) He would die at the hands of a white woman.
(c) He would not die at the hands of an Englishman.
(d) He would die at the hands of an Englishman.
5. What type of a new American came into being after King Philip's War?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became pastor at Plymouth in 1667?
2. What was the chief concern of Weston's men?
3. Who were the most feared warriors in the Northeast?
4. What son of Massasoit became Pokanokets' new leader?
5. What vandalism in 1675 caused Governor Winslow to ask for assistance from the Massachusetts Bay colony?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Standish's influence seen as the Pilgrims gathered for Sunday worship?
2. What did the New England militia find in the Pokanokets' village?
3. What happened because the children of the Pilgrims chose to pursue economic prosperity at the expense of the Indians?
4. Why did the Plymouth's debilitating food shortages end in the fall of 1623?
5. How did Philip resort to deception to create an alliance with the Mohawks?
6. Why in the early 1640s did the Great Migration come to an end?
7. What became the focus of the children and grandchildren of the Pilgrims?
8. How were the Indians cut out of the New England real estate market?
9. What process did Plymouth use to remove potentially dangerous Native men and boys?
10. Why did Philip want the English to draw first blood?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)