|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was he leader of the Connecticut forces?
(a) Captain Thomas Lathrop.
(b) Major John Talcott.
(c) Josiah Winslow.
(d) Samuel Moseley.
2. What was the chief concern of Weston's men?
(b) Building a fort.
(c) Fear of the Indians.
(d) Catching typhus.
3. What percentage of the land in New England was suitable for farming?
(a) 80 percent.
(b) 5 percent.
(c) 20 percent.
(d) 50 percent.
4. Who believed that the only good Indian was a dead Indian?
(a) Richard Beers.
(b) Captain Thomas Lathrop.
(c) Major Simon Willard.
(d) Captain Samuel Moseley.
5. Who became pastor at Plymouth in 1667?
(a) Roger Williams.
(b) John Robinson.
(c) William Bradford.
(d) John Cotton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What diseases afflicted the Pokanokets in 1634?
2. When the Sakonets wished to stay out of the conflict, where did Bradford ask them to go?
3. What did Massasoit put at the bottom of his last Plymouth land deed?
4. What did Winslow designate Thursday, June 24, 1675?
5. What did England become after the death of King Charles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence has been found that show the degree to which Western goods became of part of Indian life?
2. How were the Indians cut out of the New England real estate market?
3. How was Standish's influence seen as the Pilgrims gathered for Sunday worship?
4. What happened to the Narragansett fort?
5. Why did the Plymouth's debilitating food shortages end in the fall of 1623?
6. Toward the end of the war, what did the Englishmen view as a humane alternative to death and torture?
7. Who refused to forgive the Pilgrims for "the killing of those poor Indians."
8. Why in the early 1640s did the Great Migration come to an end?
9. What happened because the children of the Pilgrims chose to pursue economic prosperity at the expense of the Indians?
10. What did the New England militia find in the Pokanokets' village?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)