|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the settlement leader of Wessagussett in 1623?
(a) Phineas Pratt.
(b) John Hamden.
(c) John Smythe.
(d) John Sanders.
2. Who became pastor at Plymouth in 1667?
(a) William Bradford.
(b) John Robinson.
(c) John Cotton.
(d) Roger Williams.
3. In Chapter 9, where did Miles Standish travel to pick up some corn?
4. To what did Massasoit's sons change their names?
(a) Miles and Edward.
(b) Alexander and Philip.
(c) John and William.
(d) David and Thomas.
5. What happened to Philip's nine-year-old son?
(a) Sold into slavery.
(b) Went to live in Swansea.
(c) Went to live with the Narragansetts.
(d) Given to the Sakonnets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What colony did Roger Williams found?
2. How did the Indians cross the Bacquag River?
3. How many acres of land had to be deforested in a year for a town of two hundred homes?
4. Who began equipping the Natives Americans with guns?
5. Who decided to escape the sorry settlement of Wessagusett and find his way to Plymouth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conditions at the colony of Wessagusett.
2. How did Standish kill Wituwamat and Pecksuot?
3. What marvelous change came upon Bradford as his health declined in May of 1657?
4. Describe John Eliot's missionary work with the Indians.
5. Why did Thomas Morton represent everything the Pilgrims had come to America to escape?
6. Describe the story that Church tells at the conclusion of his account of the war.
7. How were the Indians cut out of the New England real estate market?
8. Why in the early 1640s did the Great Migration come to an end?
9. What happened to the Narragansett fort?
10. Why did the Plymouth's debilitating food shortages end in the fall of 1623?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)