|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ominous event occurred the night of June 26, 1675.
(a) Total eclipse of the moon.
(b) An large piece of an asteroid fell on the ground.
(c) A meteor shower.
(d) A midnight raid.
2. Who became the first English mayor of Manhattan?
(a) John Leverett.
(b) Francis Cook.
(c) Benjamin Church.
(d) Thomas Willett.
3. Who was the settlement leader of Wessagussett in 1623?
(a) Phineas Pratt.
(b) John Sanders.
(c) John Smythe.
(d) John Hamden.
4. What did Bradford study the last days of his life?
(c) The Massachusetts language.
5. How many acres of land had to be deforested in a year for a town of two hundred homes?
(a) 200 acres.
(b) 65 acres.
(c) 25 acres.
(d) 75 acres.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the English use as a form of currency, especially during the English civil war?
2. In Chapter 9, where did Miles Standish travel to pick up some corn?
3. Why was Arthur Peach hanged in 1638?
4. Where were the Praying Indians relocated in Chapter 14?
5. What colony did Roger Williams found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the Narragansett fort?
2. How did Philip resort to deception to create an alliance with the Mohawks?
3. Describe the conditions at the colony of Wessagusett.
4. What process did Plymouth use to remove potentially dangerous Native men and boys?
5. What did the New England militia find in the Pokanokets' village?
6. Describe John Eliot's missionary work with the Indians.
7. Why did the New Englanders decide to attack the Narragansetts?
8. How was Standish's influence seen as the Pilgrims gathered for Sunday worship?
9. What did Roger Williams do when the Indians attacked Providence?
10. Why did Awashonks not want to drink the rum that Church brought?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)