|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Massasoit sick?
(a) Food poisoning.
(b) Someone had tried to poison him.
(c) Probably typhus.
(d) Probably measles.
2. What did some of the Wessagussett settlers trade for food?
(c) Cooking pots.
3. In December 1675, who became the leader of over 1,000 English soldiers?
(a) Benjamin Church.
(b) Josiah Winslow.
(c) Samuel Moseley.
(d) James Cudworth.
4. Who became sachem after Alexander died?
5. Who was the settlement leader of Wessagussett in 1623?
(a) Phineas Pratt.
(b) John Sanders.
(c) John Hamden.
(d) John Smythe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vandalism in 1675 caused Governor Winslow to ask for assistance from the Massachusetts Bay colony?
2. What diseases afflicted the Pokanokets in 1634?
3. What did England become after the death of King Charles?
4. Who became the first English mayor of Manhattan?
5. How many ships arrived in New England in 1630?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened because the children of the Pilgrims chose to pursue economic prosperity at the expense of the Indians?
2. Toward the end of the war, what did the Englishmen view as a humane alternative to death and torture?
3. How was Standish's influence seen as the Pilgrims gathered for Sunday worship?
4. Why were the Massachusetts planning to attack Wessagusett and Plymouth?
5. What did the New England militia find in the Pokanokets' village?
6. Why did Thomas Morton represent everything the Pilgrims had come to America to escape?
7. Why did the New Englanders decide to attack the Narragansetts?
8. How were the Indians cut out of the New England real estate market?
9. What marvelous change came upon Bradford as his health declined in May of 1657?
10. What did Roger Williams do when the Indians attacked Providence?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)