|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What friendly tribe had their wigwams burned by Moseley?
(b) Praying Indians.
2. Which group of Indians became the first in New England to disown Philip?
(a) Narragansett Indians.
(b) Pokanoket Indians.
(c) Massachusetts Indians.
(d) Nantucket Indians.
3. What did the colonists at Wessagussett have to do in order to seek food?
(a) Trade with the Pilgrims.
(b) Trade with the Indians.
(c) Use some of their precious ammunition.
(d) Leave the safety of their fortress.
4. What son of Massasoit became Pokanokets' new leader?
5. What did Thomas Morton build instead of a wall?
(a) A fort.
(b) A maypole.
(c) A threshing floor.
(d) A barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became the first English mayor of Manhattan?
2. What area had become Plymouth colony's one oasis of safety?
3. Who was the sachem of Sakonnet?
4. When the Sakonets wished to stay out of the conflict, where did Bradford ask them to go?
5. Who succeeded Bradford as governor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the New England militia find in the Pokanokets' village?
2. Describe John Eliot's missionary work with the Indians.
3. Toward the end of the war, what did the Englishmen view as a humane alternative to death and torture?
4. Describe the conditions at the colony of Wessagusett.
5. What process did Plymouth use to remove potentially dangerous Native men and boys?
6. Why did the Plymouth's debilitating food shortages end in the fall of 1623?
7. What did Roger Williams do when the Indians attacked Providence?
8. What marvelous change came upon Bradford as his health declined in May of 1657?
9. Why did the New Englanders decide to attack the Narragansetts?
10. Describe the story that Church tells at the conclusion of his account of the war.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)