|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was he leader of the Connecticut forces?
(a) Captain Thomas Lathrop.
(b) Samuel Moseley.
(c) Major John Talcott.
(d) Josiah Winslow.
2. What did Massasoit put at the bottom of his last Plymouth land deed?
(a) Blood from his finger.
(b) A pictogram.
(c) His thumbprint.
(d) An "X" for his signature.
3. Who believed that the only good Indian was a dead Indian?
(a) Richard Beers.
(b) Captain Samuel Moseley.
(c) Captain Thomas Lathrop.
(d) Major Simon Willard.
4. What area had become Plymouth colony's one oasis of safety?
(c) Cape Cod.
5. What ability had the Pilgrims temporarily ruined after the Wessagusett raid?
(a) Their relationship with Canacum.
(b) Their relationship with Massasoit.
(c) Their relationship with Iyanough.
(d) Ability to trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bradford study the last days of his life?
2. Toward the end of the war, what did the New Englanders do with Indian captives?
3. Out of an estimated 400 hundred Sakonnets in 1700, how many remained in 1774?
4. Why did the Great Migration come to an end in the early 1640s?
5. Where were the Praying Indians relocated in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe John Eliot's missionary work with the Indians.
2. What did Roger Williams do when the Indians attacked Providence?
3. Toward the end of the war, what did the Englishmen view as a humane alternative to death and torture?
4. What happened because the children of the Pilgrims chose to pursue economic prosperity at the expense of the Indians?
5. Why did the Plymouth's debilitating food shortages end in the fall of 1623?
6. Why did Thomas Morton represent everything the Pilgrims had come to America to escape?
7. Why in the early 1640s did the Great Migration come to an end?
8. Describe the story that Church tells at the conclusion of his account of the war.
9. What marvelous change came upon Bradford as his health declined in May of 1657?
10. Why did Philip want the English to draw first blood?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)