|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which colony had relied on friendly Indians from the very start of the conflict?
(a) Rhode Island.
2. Who insisted that the Indians were the legal owners of their lands?
(a) William Bradford.
(b) Thomas Morton.
(c) Roger Williams.
(d) Roger Conant.
3. When the Sakonets wished to stay out of the conflict, where did Bradford ask them to go?
4. Who succeeded Bradford as governor?
(a) John Brown.
(b) Roger Williams.
(c) Edward Winslow.
(d) Thomas Prence.
5. Who was he leader of the Connecticut forces?
(a) Samuel Moseley.
(b) Josiah Winslow.
(c) Captain Thomas Lathrop.
(d) Major John Talcott.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many acres of land had to be deforested in a year for a town of two hundred homes?
2. Which group of Indians became the first in New England to disown Philip?
3. To what did Massasoit's sons change their names?
4. What colony did Roger Williams found?
5. What did the colonists at Wessagussett have to do in order to seek food?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the Narragansett fort?
2. What process did Plymouth use to remove potentially dangerous Native men and boys?
3. Why did the New Englanders decide to attack the Narragansetts?
4. Why did Philip want the English to draw first blood?
5. What evidence has been found that show the degree to which Western goods became of part of Indian life?
6. Describe the conditions at the colony of Wessagusett.
7. Describe the story that Church tells at the conclusion of his account of the war.
8. What marvelous change came upon Bradford as his health declined in May of 1657?
9. How did Philip resort to deception to create an alliance with the Mohawks?
10. What did Roger Williams do when the Indians attacked Providence?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)