|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the settlement leader of Wessagussett in 1623?
(a) John Hamden.
(b) John Smythe.
(c) Phineas Pratt.
(d) John Sanders.
2. Who became sachem after Alexander died?
3. What became the economic center of the region after 1660?
4. Who decided to escape the sorry settlement of Wessagusett and find his way to Plymouth?
(a) Phineas Pratt.
(b) John Hamden.
(d) Edward Johnson.
5. What type of a new American came into being after King Philip's War?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Winslow designate Thursday, June 24, 1675?
2. Who did Bradford learn died in 1625?
3. What did Massasoit put at the bottom of his last Plymouth land deed?
4. What man was one of the first New Englanders to embrace the wilderness?
5. How close to Wessagussett colony was an Indian settlement?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Philip want the English to draw first blood?
2. What process did Plymouth use to remove potentially dangerous Native men and boys?
3. How were the Indians cut out of the New England real estate market?
4. How was Standish's influence seen as the Pilgrims gathered for Sunday worship?
5. What happened to the Narragansett fort?
6. How did Standish kill Wituwamat and Pecksuot?
7. What did Roger Williams do when the Indians attacked Providence?
8. Why did the Plymouth's debilitating food shortages end in the fall of 1623?
9. What evidence has been found that show the degree to which Western goods became of part of Indian life?
10. What marvelous change came upon Bradford as his health declined in May of 1657?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)