|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vandalism in 1675 caused Governor Winslow to ask for assistance from the Massachusetts Bay colony?
(a) The church was destroyed.
(b) Burning of two houses.
(c) Boats were damaged.
(d) Crops were destroyed.
2. Who did Bradford blame for the difficulties the Pilgrims had paying off the colony's debt?
(b) Roger Williams.
(c) Roger Conant.
(d) Isaac Allerton.
3. Which group of Indians became the first in New England to disown Philip?
(a) Nantucket Indians.
(b) Narragansett Indians.
(c) Pokanoket Indians.
(d) Massachusetts Indians.
4. Which colony had relied on friendly Indians from the very start of the conflict?
(a) Rhode Island.
5. What group did Massasoit lead in his later years?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became the first English mayor of Manhattan?
2. When the Sakonets wished to stay out of the conflict, where did Bradford ask them to go?
3. What English woman was taken captive in Lancaster?
4. What became the economic center of the region after 1660?
5. How many tons of lumber were required to build a home in the 1650s?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who refused to forgive the Pilgrims for "the killing of those poor Indians."
2. Toward the end of the war, what did the Englishmen view as a humane alternative to death and torture?
3. Why did Thomas Morton represent everything the Pilgrims had come to America to escape?
4. What evidence has been found that show the degree to which Western goods became of part of Indian life?
5. What process did Plymouth use to remove potentially dangerous Native men and boys?
6. How was Standish's influence seen as the Pilgrims gathered for Sunday worship?
7. Why were the Massachusetts planning to attack Wessagusett and Plymouth?
8. What happened to the Narragansett fort?
9. Why did Awashonks not want to drink the rum that Church brought?
10. What did the New England militia find in the Pokanokets' village?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)