|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nation did Massasoit establish during the years after the Wessagussett raid?
2. What prophecy had Philip's pow-wows spoken about his death?
(a) He would die at the hands of a white general.
(b) He would die at the hands of an Englishman.
(c) He would not die at the hands of an Englishman.
(d) He would die at the hands of a white woman.
3. What did England become after the death of King Charles?
(a) A Puritan state.
(b) An autocracy.
(c) A Catholic state.
(d) A oligarchy.
4. What group did Massasoit lead in his later years?
5. What isolated town was attached by the Nipmucks on August 2, 1675?
(b) Mount Hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did many Indians die in the summer of 1623?
2. Why was Massasoit sick?
3. How many tons of lumber were required to build a home in the 1650s?
4. What did some of the Wessagussett settlers trade for food?
5. What was a shocking outrage to the Puritans at Kickemuit?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)