|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far away was the nearest Indian village from Plymouth?
(a) 15 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) 40 miles.
(d) 60 miles.
2. What isolated town was attached by the Nipmucks on August 2, 1675?
(d) Mount Hope.
3. Out of an estimated 400 hundred Sakonnets in 1700, how many remained in 1774?
(a) Forty men and thirty women.
(b) One hundred men and fifty women.
(c) Seventy-five men and eighty women.
(d) Six men and nineteen women.
4. Who does Church meet with at the beginning of Chapter 16?
5. What group did Massasoit lead in his later years?
Short Answer Questions
1. What friendly tribe had their wigwams burned by Moseley?
2. What was a shocking outrage to the Puritans at Kickemuit?
3. Who believed that the only good Indian was a dead Indian?
4. What did the English use as a form of currency, especially during the English civil war?
5. Who became pastor at Plymouth in 1667?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Philip want the English to draw first blood?
2. Why were the Massachusetts planning to attack Wessagusett and Plymouth?
3. How was Standish's influence seen as the Pilgrims gathered for Sunday worship?
4. Why did the Plymouth's debilitating food shortages end in the fall of 1623?
5. What process did Plymouth use to remove potentially dangerous Native men and boys?
6. What did the New England militia find in the Pokanokets' village?
7. Who refused to forgive the Pilgrims for "the killing of those poor Indians."
8. What became the focus of the children and grandchildren of the Pilgrims?
9. What happened to the Narragansett fort?
10. Why did Awashonks not want to drink the rum that Church brought?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)