|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out of an estimated 400 hundred Sakonnets in 1700, how many remained in 1774?
(a) One hundred men and fifty women.
(b) Seventy-five men and eighty women.
(c) Forty men and thirty women.
(d) Six men and nineteen women.
2. What English woman was taken captive in Lancaster?
(a) Sarah Winslow.
(b) Alice Church.
(c) Mary Rowlandson.
(d) Penelope Winslow.
3. What type of a new American came into being after King Philip's War?
4. What son of Massasoit became Pokanokets' new leader?
5. Why did many Indians die in the summer of 1623?
(a) They were not able to plant crops.
(b) Because of disease.
(c) Because of a measles epidemic.
(d) Because of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which colony had relied on friendly Indians from the very start of the conflict?
2. When was Bradford's "Of Plymouth Plantation" published?
3. Who insisted that the Indians were the legal owners of their lands?
4. What colony did Roger Williams found?
5. Who had to intercede in an altercation between Standish and fishermen on Cape Ann?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)