|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the chief concern of Weston's men?
(a) Catching typhus.
(c) Building a fort.
(d) Fear of the Indians.
2. What percentage of the land in New England was suitable for farming?
(a) 80 percent.
(b) 20 percent.
(c) 5 percent.
(d) 50 percent.
3. Who were the most feared warriors in the Northeast?
(a) The Narragansett.
(b) The Mohawks.
(c) The Nipsachuck.
(d) The Sakonnet.
4. Out of an estimated 400 hundred Sakonnets in 1700, how many remained in 1774?
(a) Six men and nineteen women.
(b) Seventy-five men and eighty women.
(c) One hundred men and fifty women.
(d) Forty men and thirty women.
5. In Chapter 15, where does Church move his wife and son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What vandalism in 1675 caused Governor Winslow to ask for assistance from the Massachusetts Bay colony?
2. To whom did Alexander keep selling land?
3. Who does Church meet with at the beginning of Chapter 16?
4. Who bought the Mount Hope Peninsula went it was for sale in 1680?
5. What man was one of the first New Englanders to embrace the wilderness?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Philip resort to deception to create an alliance with the Mohawks?
2. How was Standish's influence seen as the Pilgrims gathered for Sunday worship?
3. Describe the conditions at the colony of Wessagusett.
4. What happened because the children of the Pilgrims chose to pursue economic prosperity at the expense of the Indians?
5. Describe the story that Church tells at the conclusion of his account of the war.
6. Toward the end of the war, what did the Englishmen view as a humane alternative to death and torture?
7. Why were the Massachusetts planning to attack Wessagusett and Plymouth?
8. What did the New England militia find in the Pokanokets' village?
9. Describe John Eliot's missionary work with the Indians.
10. What evidence has been found that show the degree to which Western goods became of part of Indian life?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)