|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did England become after the death of King Charles?
(a) An autocracy.
(b) A Puritan state.
(c) A oligarchy.
(d) A Catholic state.
2. Who was the only Englishman in Sakonnet?
(a) Francis Cook.
(b) Benjamin Church.
(c) Thomas Moseley.
(d) John Leverett.
3. What did some Massachusetts authorities consider building when conditions became so desperate and winter was approaching?
(b) A palisade wall.
(c) Cannon platforms.
(d) A fort.
4. Who did Bradford blame for the difficulties the Pilgrims had paying off the colony's debt?
(a) Roger Conant.
(b) Roger Williams.
(c) Isaac Allerton.
5. When was Bradford's "Of Plymouth Plantation" published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a shocking outrage to the Puritans at Kickemuit?
2. Who had to intercede in an altercation between Standish and fishermen on Cape Ann?
3. Who became the first English mayor of Manhattan?
4. Why did many Indians die in the summer of 1623?
5. Why was Arthur Peach hanged in 1638?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Standish kill Wituwamat and Pecksuot?
2. How did Philip resort to deception to create an alliance with the Mohawks?
3. Why did the Plymouth's debilitating food shortages end in the fall of 1623?
4. Toward the end of the war, what did the Englishmen view as a humane alternative to death and torture?
5. Why did Philip want the English to draw first blood?
6. What process did Plymouth use to remove potentially dangerous Native men and boys?
7. Why did Thomas Morton represent everything the Pilgrims had come to America to escape?
8. What happened because the children of the Pilgrims chose to pursue economic prosperity at the expense of the Indians?
9. Why were the Massachusetts planning to attack Wessagusett and Plymouth?
10. Describe John Eliot's missionary work with the Indians.
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)