|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Indians cross the Bacquag River?
(a) Rode across on their horses.
(b) Used canoes.
(c) Built rafts.
(d) Swam across.
2. Who insisted that the Indians were the legal owners of their lands?
(a) Roger Williams.
(b) Thomas Morton.
(c) William Bradford.
(d) Roger Conant.
3. What prophecy had Philip's pow-wows spoken about his death?
(a) He would die at the hands of an Englishman.
(b) He would die at the hands of a white woman.
(c) He would not die at the hands of an Englishman.
(d) He would die at the hands of a white general.
4. Who did Bradford learn died in 1625?
(a) John Robinson.
(d) Roger Williams.
5. Which colony had relied on friendly Indians from the very start of the conflict?
(d) Rhode Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became pastor at Plymouth in 1667?
2. What isolated town was attached by the Nipmucks on August 2, 1675?
3. What did Massasoit put at the bottom of his last Plymouth land deed?
4. In Chapter 15, where does Church move his wife and son?
5. What friendly tribe had their wigwams burned by Moseley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence has been found that show the degree to which Western goods became of part of Indian life?
2. Why did Thomas Morton represent everything the Pilgrims had come to America to escape?
3. Who refused to forgive the Pilgrims for "the killing of those poor Indians."
4. What became the focus of the children and grandchildren of the Pilgrims?
5. Why in the early 1640s did the Great Migration come to an end?
6. What marvelous change came upon Bradford as his health declined in May of 1657?
7. What happened to the Narragansett fort?
8. Why did the Plymouth's debilitating food shortages end in the fall of 1623?
9. Why did Awashonks not want to drink the rum that Church brought?
10. How was Standish's influence seen as the Pilgrims gathered for Sunday worship?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)