|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What colony did Roger Williams found?
(c) New Hampshire.
(d) Rhode Island.
2. Why did many Indians die in the summer of 1623?
(a) Because of disease.
(b) Because of war.
(c) Because of a measles epidemic.
(d) They were not able to plant crops.
3. What happened to Philip's nine-year-old son?
(a) Went to live in Swansea.
(b) Went to live with the Narragansetts.
(c) Given to the Sakonnets.
(d) Sold into slavery.
4. What became the economic center of the region after 1660?
5. What vandalism in 1675 caused Governor Winslow to ask for assistance from the Massachusetts Bay colony?
(a) Crops were destroyed.
(b) Burning of two houses.
(c) Boats were damaged.
(d) The church was destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How close to Wessagussett colony was an Indian settlement?
2. What ability had the Pilgrims temporarily ruined after the Wessagusett raid?
3. When the Sakonets wished to stay out of the conflict, where did Bradford ask them to go?
4. What son of Massasoit became Pokanokets' new leader?
5. Who succeeded Bradford as governor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the Narragansett fort?
2. Why in the early 1640s did the Great Migration come to an end?
3. How were the Indians cut out of the New England real estate market?
4. What evidence has been found that show the degree to which Western goods became of part of Indian life?
5. Why did the New Englanders decide to attack the Narragansetts?
6. Who refused to forgive the Pilgrims for "the killing of those poor Indians."
7. Toward the end of the war, what did the Englishmen view as a humane alternative to death and torture?
8. Describe John Eliot's missionary work with the Indians.
9. What marvelous change came upon Bradford as his health declined in May of 1657?
10. Why did Philip want the English to draw first blood?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)