|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a shocking outrage to the Puritans at Kickemuit?
(a) The Indians captured some white women.
(b) The Indians had torn a Bible.
(c) The Indians had sent their dogs into a church.
(d) The Indians had raped a white woman.
2. How close to Wessagussett colony was an Indian settlement?
(a) Right beside the colony.
(b) 40 miles away.
(c) 15 miles away.
(d) 25 miles away.
3. Who insisted that the Indians were the legal owners of their lands?
(a) Thomas Morton.
(b) Roger Conant.
(c) Roger Williams.
(d) William Bradford.
4. What colony did Roger Williams found?
(a) Rhode Island.
(d) New Hampshire.
5. What ominous event occurred the night of June 26, 1675.
(a) A midnight raid.
(b) A meteor shower.
(c) Total eclipse of the moon.
(d) An large piece of an asteroid fell on the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the colonists at Wessagussett have to do in order to seek food?
2. To whom did Alexander keep selling land?
3. What percentage of the land in New England was suitable for farming?
4. What nation did Massasoit establish during the years after the Wessagussett raid?
5. Who was he leader of the Connecticut forces?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Roger Williams do when the Indians attacked Providence?
2. Why were the Massachusetts planning to attack Wessagusett and Plymouth?
3. What evidence has been found that show the degree to which Western goods became of part of Indian life?
4. How did Standish kill Wituwamat and Pecksuot?
5. What became the focus of the children and grandchildren of the Pilgrims?
6. Why did Thomas Morton represent everything the Pilgrims had come to America to escape?
7. What process did Plymouth use to remove potentially dangerous Native men and boys?
8. How was Standish's influence seen as the Pilgrims gathered for Sunday worship?
9. Describe the story that Church tells at the conclusion of his account of the war.
10. Why in the early 1640s did the Great Migration come to an end?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)