|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the sachem of Sakonnet?
(c) Sagamore Sam.
2. Who had to intercede in an altercation between Standish and fishermen on Cape Ann?
(a) Roger Conant.
(b) Thomas Morton.
(c) Roger Williams.
(d) John Cotton.
3. What became the economic center of the region after 1660?
4. Who insisted that the Indians were the legal owners of their lands?
(a) Roger Williams.
(b) William Bradford.
(c) Thomas Morton.
(d) Roger Conant.
5. What did Massasoit put at the bottom of his last Plymouth land deed?
(a) Blood from his finger.
(b) His thumbprint.
(c) An "X" for his signature.
(d) A pictogram.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did some of the Wessagussett settlers trade for food?
2. How many acres of land had to be deforested in a year for a town of two hundred homes?
3. What isolated town was attached by the Nipmucks on August 2, 1675?
4. Who had pledged his country's support to Philip in the fall?
5. What did Winslow designate Thursday, June 24, 1675?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)