|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group of Indians became the first in New England to disown Philip?
(a) Nantucket Indians.
(b) Pokanoket Indians.
(c) Narragansett Indians.
(d) Massachusetts Indians.
2. What colony did Roger Williams found?
(a) New Hampshire.
(c) Rhode Island.
3. What did Massasoit put at the bottom of his last Plymouth land deed?
(a) His thumbprint.
(b) An "X" for his signature.
(c) A pictogram.
(d) Blood from his finger.
4. Who became pastor at Plymouth in 1667?
(a) William Bradford.
(b) John Cotton.
(c) Roger Williams.
(d) John Robinson.
5. In December 1675, who became the leader of over 1,000 English soldiers?
(a) Benjamin Church.
(b) James Cudworth.
(c) Samuel Moseley.
(d) Josiah Winslow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Massasoit sick?
2. Who bought the Mount Hope Peninsula went it was for sale in 1680?
3. What did Winslow designate Thursday, June 24, 1675?
4. What isolated town was attached by the Nipmucks on August 2, 1675?
5. What group did Massasoit lead in his later years?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)