|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was to be the governor of the new colony?
(a) Robert Cushman.
(b) John Howland.
(c) John Carver.
(d) William Bradford.
2. What was the name of Massasoit's village?
3. How old was the most powerful Native leader in the region?
4. What did the Pilgrims do on November 12?
(a) Chopped wood.
(b) Worshipped God.
(c) Attempted to rebuilt the shallop.
(d) Washed clothes.
5. Who is the carpenter turned Indian fighter that the author will focus on in the book?
(a) Edward Winslow.
(b) William Bradford.
(c) William Brewster.
(d) Benjamin Church
Short Answer Questions
1. Who controlled the part of Cape Cod where the Pilgrims stole the corn?
2. Who accompanied an English explorer who sailed from Maine in a small open boat?
3. With whom did the Pilgrim's first Indian visitor spend the night?
4. What sachem tried to have Squanto killed in Chapter 7?
5. When did the Mayflower arrive at Provincetown Harbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author state that the story about the Pilgrims changes from the story we know to the story that we need to know?
2. How did the Pilgrims' first Indian visitor, Samoset, learn to speak English?
3. Why didn't the Indians and English of Plymouth Colony live in peaceful harmony all of those first fifty-five years?
4. How did the master of the Speedwell work against the Pilgrims?
5. What disparity did Quadequina notice after the treaty between the Indians and the Pilgrims was signed?
6. What decision did passengers of the Mayflower have to make now that they were near land?
7. Who did the passengers choose as the leader for the colony?
8. Why do some people think that Dorothy Bradford may have committed suicide?
9. How did the Pilgrims attempt to make a show of strength to the Indians?
10. How did Thomas Hunt damage Indian-English relations in New England for decades?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)