|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of an Indian leader?
2. What was the name of Massasoit's village?
3. How much was the cargo worth that the Pilgrims sent back on the Fortune?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 300 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 2500 pounds.
4. How many men signed the agreement before the Mayflower landed?
5. What was the name of the Pilgrims' first Indian visitor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What day did the Mayflower leave Provincetown Harbor?
2. At the end of Chapter 7, who was launching a plan to become the most powerful Indian leader in New England?
3. How many people died each day in February and March, 1621?
4. What was the biggest problem with the arrival of another ship in November of 1621?
5. What day did the Pilgrims erect the frame of the first house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Standish's first expedition to look for a potential settlement site.
2. Why were the Nausets "ill affected toward the English"?
3. Hobbamock was a pniese. What is a pniese?
4. Why, according to the author, do we like to know how it was "in the beginning"?
5. Why were the Pilgrims familiar with turkeys?
6. How did Weston betray the Pilgrims?
7. Why did the Separatists decide to leave Amsterdam?
8. How did Thomas Hunt damage Indian-English relations in New England for decades?
9. What decision did passengers of the Mayflower have to make now that they were near land?
10. Who did the passengers choose as the leader for the colony?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)