|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day did the Pilgrims erect the frame of the first house?
(a) December 26.
(b) December 25.
(c) December 1.
(d) January 1.
2. What ship did the Pilgrims purchase?
(a) White Angel.
3. How old was Bradford when he became uneasy with the way in which God was worshipped in Austerfield?
4. At the end of Chapter 7, who was launching a plan to become the most powerful Indian leader in New England?
5. How many people were on board the Mayflower?
Short Answer Questions
1. By spring 1621, how many of those who had originally arrive at Provincetown had died?
2. What was the name of Massasoit's village?
3. What did Susanna and William White name their son?
4. What people were not affected by the disease in the area?
5. What was Cape Cod known for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the Nausets "ill affected toward the English"?
2. Why does the author state that the story about the Pilgrims changes from the story we know to the story that we need to know?
3. What one clue did Bradford leave that might indicate how he felt about the death of his wife?
4. What decision did passengers of the Mayflower have to make now that they were near land?
5. Why wasn't the terrain surrounding Plymouth a primeval forest?
6. How did Weston betray the Pilgrims?
7. Why, according to the author, do we like to know how it was "in the beginning"?
8. Where should the Pilgrims have settled rather than Plymouth?
9. Describe how an Indian named Epenow persuaded his English abductors to return him to the New World.
10. How did the Pilgrims solve the problem of having to entertain and feed a continual stream of Indian visitors?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)