Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What evidence that the Indians had lived at Plymouth remained?
(a) Cooking pots.
(b) Skulls and bones.
(c) Old fire pits.
(d) Bits of jewelry.
2. How many people died each day in February and March, 1621?
(a) Two or three.
(b) One or two.
(d) Four or five.
3. When did the Pilgrims sail to the New World in search of religious freedom?
4. What was the meaning of Squanto's and Hobbamock's names?
5. The Pilgrims had their first Indian visitor in Chapter 6. How was he armed?
(a) With a bow and a knife.
(b) With a bow and two arrows.
(c) With a musket.
(d) With a knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Massasoit's brother's name?
2. What formal and binding agreement was signed before the passengers went ashore?
3. What member of the Mayflower crew decided to stay in Plymouth?
4. When did the Mayflower set sail for England?
5. What was the name of the military leader of the Pilgrims?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Standish kill Wituwamat and Pecksuot?
2. Who refused to forgive the Pilgrims for "the killing of those poor Indians."
3. How did the Pilgrims' first Indian visitor, Samoset, learn to speak English?
4. Why did Awashonks not want to drink the rum that Church brought?
5. Describe the first venture ashore.
6. Describe Standish's first expedition to look for a potential settlement site.
7. In 1605, a map indicated between one thousand and two thousand people living along the shores where the Pilgrims planned to settle. Why were no Indians living along the shore now?
8. How did the Pilgrims attempt to make a show of strength to the Indians?
9. Describe the conditions at the colony of Wessagusett.
10. Why do some people think that Dorothy Bradford may have committed suicide?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)