|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had the Pilgrims considered asking to be their military leader?
(b) John Smith.
(c) Jacques Cartier.
(d) John Cabot.
2. What was Massasoit's brother's name?
3. What weapon did Squanto tell Massasoit that the Pilgrims could unleash?
4. Who was the Mayflower's governor?
(a) John Robinson.
(b) Christopher Martin.
(c) William Bradford.
(d) John Carver.
5. How old was Bradford when he became uneasy with the way in which God was worshipped in Austerfield?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did the Pilgrim's first Indian visitor spend the night?
2. Who was the most notable arrival on the ship that arrived in November of 1621 ?
3. What did Edward Winslow do on May 12?
4. What Indian, besides the Indian who first visited the Pilgrims, could also speak English?
5. For how many days had the Mayflower blundered through storms and headwinds before reaching the New World?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the ship, the Fortune?
2. Why were the Pokanokets in a desperate struggle to maintain their existence as a people?
3. How did the Pilgrims attempt to make a show of strength to the Indians?
4. Hobbamock was a pniese. What is a pniese?
5. Why did the Seaflower depart from New England bound for the Caribbean in 1676?
6. In 1605, a map indicated between one thousand and two thousand people living along the shores where the Pilgrims planned to settle. Why were no Indians living along the shore now?
7. Why were passengers in an uproar when they learned they were headed to New England rather than the Hudson River?
8. What decision did passengers of the Mayflower have to make now that they were near land?
9. How did the Pilgrims solve the problem of having to entertain and feed a continual stream of Indian visitors?
10. What did Samoset tell the Pilgrims about the Indians who had lived in the area previously?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)