|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the war that occurred in 1675?
(a) King Philip's War.
(b) War of the English.
(c) Wapanoags' War.
(d) French and Indian War.
2. Who led the author to write about the Pilgrims?
(b) William Bradford.
(d) Benjamin Church.
3. When did the Mayflower set sail for England?
(a) April 5.
(b) June 17.
(c) May 1.
(d) March 16.
4. What sachem tried to have Squanto killed in Chapter 7?
5. What formal and binding agreement was signed before the passengers went ashore?
(a) Plymouth Charter.
(b) Pilgrim Compact.
(c) Freedom of Religion Compact.
(d) Mayflower Compact.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told the Pilgrims that Squanto was plotting against them?
2. With whom did the Pilgrim's first Indian visitor spend the night?
3. What governing document was drawn up before the Pilgrims went ashore?
4. How long can Indian corn be stored without spoiling?
5. What day did the Mayflower leave Provincetown Harbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't the Indians and English of Plymouth Colony live in peaceful harmony all of those first fifty-five years?
2. Why were the Nausets "ill affected toward the English"?
3. Why did the Separatists decide to leave Amsterdam?
4. How did some of the Indians' oldest people describe the first sight of a European sailing vessel?
5. Toward the end of the war, what did the Englishmen view as a humane alternative to death and torture?
6. Why did the Plymouth's debilitating food shortages end in the fall of 1623?
7. Describe how an Indian named Epenow persuaded his English abductors to return him to the New World.
8. Why did Massasoit want Squanto to die in Chapter 8?
9. Why do some people think that Dorothy Bradford may have committed suicide?
10. Why was it illegal for the Separatists to have their own church services?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)