|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Massasoit's brother's name?
2. With the arrival of a ship in November of 1621, how many men and women were in Plymouth Colony?
(a) 30 men and 21 women.
(b) 66 men and 16 women.
(c) 75 men and 45 women.
(d) 55 men and 21 women.
3. What treacherous area of water did the Mayflower encounter after 1 p.m. as they approached the New World?
(a) Back side breakers.
(b) Cape Cod shoals.
(c) Pollack Rip.
(d) A whirlpool.
4. What did the Pilgrims wish they could catch?
5. What was the first building built by the Pilgrims?
(a) A common house.
(b) A fort.
(c) A single family home.
(d) A storehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the cargo worth that the Pilgrims sent back on the Fortune?
2. What Italian explorer had come to Narragansett Bay as early as 1524?
3. How old was Bradford when he became uneasy with the way in which God was worshipped in Austerfield?
4. What had the Pilgrims brought on the Mayflower to plant in the spring?
5. What happened to Squanto at the end of Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What one clue did Bradford leave that might indicate how he felt about the death of his wife?
2. Describe how an Indian named Epenow persuaded his English abductors to return him to the New World.
3. Why did the Pilgrims decide to build a wall around their community?
4. Where should the Pilgrims have settled rather than Plymouth?
5. Describe the first venture ashore.
6. Why was it illegal for the Separatists to have their own church services?
7. What disparity did Quadequina notice after the treaty between the Indians and the Pilgrims was signed?
8. What happened to the ship, the Fortune?
9. How did the Pilgrims solve the problem of having to entertain and feed a continual stream of Indian visitors?
10. How did the Pilgrims attempt to make a show of strength to the Indians?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)