|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ship did the Pilgrims purchase?
(a) White Angel.
2. How many sachems came on September 13 to sign a treaty professing their loyalty to King James?
3. Whose son came to Plymouth on the ship that arrived late in 1621?
(a) The Brewsters' son.
(b) The Bradfords' son.
(c) Standish's son.
(d) The Winslow's son.
4. What formal and binding agreement was signed before the passengers went ashore?
(a) Pilgrim Compact.
(b) Freedom of Religion Compact.
(c) Plymouth Charter.
(d) Mayflower Compact.
5. What governing document was drawn up before the Pilgrims went ashore?
(a) Charter of Plymouth Colony.
(b) Plymouth Colony agreement.
(c) Mayflower Compact.
(d) Magna Carta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was constructed on the high hill?
2. At the end of Chapter 7, who was launching a plan to become the most powerful Indian leader in New England?
3. How old was the most powerful Native leader in the region?
4. Who told the Pilgrims that Squanto was plotting against them?
5. The Pilgrims had their first Indian visitor in Chapter 6. How was he armed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the Pilgrims familiar with turkeys?
2. How did the Pilgrims solve the problem of having to entertain and feed a continual stream of Indian visitors?
3. Why didn't the Indians and English of Plymouth Colony live in peaceful harmony all of those first fifty-five years?
4. Describe how an Indian named Epenow persuaded his English abductors to return him to the New World.
5. How did Weston betray the Pilgrims?
6. Why did the Pilgrims decide to build a wall around their community?
7. What one clue did Bradford leave that might indicate how he felt about the death of his wife?
8. Why were the Nausets "ill affected toward the English"?
9. What decision did passengers of the Mayflower have to make now that they were near land?
10. Why did the Seaflower depart from New England bound for the Caribbean in 1676?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)