Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was the cargo worth that the Pilgrims sent back on the Fortune?
(a) 2500 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 300 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
2. What did Edward Winslow do on May 12?
(a) Got married.
(b) Cared for the sick.
(c) Went on a trip with Squanto.
(d) Met with Massasoit.
3. What two gifts did Winslow and Hopkins take to Massasoit in July of 1621?
(a) A hat and trousers.
(b) Cooking pots and cloth.
(c) A copper chain and a horseman's coat.
(d) Beads and mirrors.
4. When did the Mayflower arrive at Provincetown Harbor?
(a) November 11.
(b) October 30.
(c) November 2.
(d) December 1.
5. On the voyage, how many women were pregnant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Nauset sachem?
2. What were the holes along the trail that Winslow and Hopkins traveled in July of 1621?
3. What formal and binding agreement was signed before the passengers went ashore?
4. Who did William Bradford marry?
5. In the 1600s, who tried to navigate the same treacherous waters that the Mayflower encountered?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Plymouth's debilitating food shortages end in the fall of 1623?
2. Why didn't the Indians and English of Plymouth Colony live in peaceful harmony all of those first fifty-five years?
3. What did the New England militia find in the Pokanokets' village?
4. What process did Plymouth use to remove potentially dangerous Native men and boys?
5. Why did Philip want the English to draw first blood?
6. What happened to the Narragansett fort?
7. Describe the story that Church tells at the conclusion of his account of the war.
8. Where should the Pilgrims have settled rather than Plymouth?
9. What one clue did Bradford leave that might indicate how he felt about the death of his wife?
10. Why do some people think that Dorothy Bradford may have committed suicide?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)