|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day did the Pilgrims erect the frame of the first house?
(a) December 26.
(b) January 1.
(c) December 1.
(d) December 25.
2. What book tells about the voyage of the Mayflower?
(a) Plymouth Colony and the Mayflower.
(b) The Mayflower Saga.
(c) In the Hands of a Mighty God.
(d) Of Plymouth Plantation.
3. What did Edward Winslow do on May 12?
(a) Went on a trip with Squanto.
(b) Got married.
(c) Cared for the sick.
(d) Met with Massasoit.
4. What Indian, besides the Indian who first visited the Pilgrims, could also speak English?
5. What Pilgrim went with Squanto to greet the sachem?
(a) John Carver.
(b) William Bradford.
(c) Stephen Hopkins.
(d) Edward Winslow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What people were not affected by the disease in the area?
2. What was different about the trees in New England from those in England?
3. What happened to the Indians who used to live at Plymouth?
4. By spring 1621, how many of those who had originally arrive at Provincetown had died?
5. Who was the Manomet sachem?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first venture ashore.
2. How did the master of the Speedwell work against the Pilgrims?
3. Describe how an Indian named Epenow persuaded his English abductors to return him to the New World.
4. How did some of the Indians' oldest people describe the first sight of a European sailing vessel?
5. Why were the Pokanokets in a desperate struggle to maintain their existence as a people?
6. Why did the Pilgrims decide to build a wall around their community?
7. What disparity did Quadequina notice after the treaty between the Indians and the Pilgrims was signed?
8. Why wasn't the terrain surrounding Plymouth a primeval forest?
9. Why did Massasoit want Squanto to die in Chapter 8?
10. What decision did passengers of the Mayflower have to make now that they were near land?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)