|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was different about the trees in New England from those in England?
(a) There were no maples in England.
(b) The trees were taller in England.
(c) Brilliant fall colors.
(d) There were no birch trees in England.
2. What ship did the Pilgrims purchase?
(c) White Angel.
3. Where did the most powerful Native leader in the region live?
(a) About 30 miles away.
(b) About 20 miles southwest of Cape Cod.
(c) About 60 miles southwest of Provincetown Harbor.
(d) On an island near the Pilgrims.
4. Whose son came to Plymouth on the ship that arrived late in 1621?
(a) The Winslow's son.
(b) Standish's son.
(c) The Brewsters' son.
(d) The Bradfords' son.
5. Where did the Pilgrim's plan to build their houses?
(a) Near the salt marsh.
(b) Fort Hill.
(c) In the forest.
(d) Cole's Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of an Indian leader?
2. Why did the Pilgrims decide not to settle at Cold Harbor?
3. Who was the most powerful Native leader in the region?
4. Why did the Mayflower not return to England after a settlement site was found?
5. When was the "First Thanksgiving" most likely held?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Weston betray the Pilgrims?
2. Why were passengers in an uproar when they learned they were headed to New England rather than the Hudson River?
3. Why wasn't the terrain surrounding Plymouth a primeval forest?
4. Describe how an Indian named Epenow persuaded his English abductors to return him to the New World.
5. How did the Pilgrims attempt to make a show of strength to the Indians?
6. How did some of the Indians' oldest people describe the first sight of a European sailing vessel?
7. Describe Standish's first expedition to look for a potential settlement site.
8. Why was it illegal for the Separatists to have their own church services?
9. Why did Massasoit want Squanto to die in Chapter 8?
10. What disparity did Quadequina notice after the treaty between the Indians and the Pilgrims was signed?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)