|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the holes along the trail that Winslow and Hopkins traveled in July of 1621?
(a) Memory holes.
(b) Mole holes.
(c) Shallow graves.
(d) Storage pits.
2. What was different about the trees in New England from those in England?
(a) Brilliant fall colors.
(b) The trees were taller in England.
(c) There were no maples in England.
(d) There were no birch trees in England.
3. What was the biggest problem with the arrival of another ship in November of 1621?
(a) Sleeping quarters.
4. What was the name of the Pilgrims' first Indian visitor?
5. What was William Bradford's occupation?
(b) Corduroy worker.
(c) Lace maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1676, what ship left the shores of New England?
2. What happened to the Indians who used to live at Plymouth?
3. What book tells about the voyage of the Mayflower?
4. What is the name of the war that occurred in 1675?
5. What Indian tribe did the Pilgrims befriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. In 1605, a map indicated between one thousand and two thousand people living along the shores where the Pilgrims planned to settle. Why were no Indians living along the shore now?
2. Why did the Pilgrims decide to build a wall around their community?
3. How did the Pilgrims solve the problem of having to entertain and feed a continual stream of Indian visitors?
4. Why was it illegal for the Separatists to have their own church services?
5. Describe the story that Church tells at the conclusion of his account of the war.
6. Why did the Plymouth's debilitating food shortages end in the fall of 1623?
7. What process did Plymouth use to remove potentially dangerous Native men and boys?
8. Why did the Seaflower depart from New England bound for the Caribbean in 1676?
9. What happened to the ship, the Fortune?
10. What disparity did Quadequina notice after the treaty between the Indians and the Pilgrims was signed?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)