|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had killed many of the Indians in the area?
(c) Chicken pox.
(d) Bubonic plague.
2. What weapon did Squanto tell Massasoit that the Pilgrims could unleash?
3. Where did Jones decide they were near as the Mayflower headed toward shore?
(a) Hudson River
(b) Cape Cod.
4. How long can Indian corn be stored without spoiling?
(a) Two or three years, if kept dry.
(b) Indefinitely, if kept dry.
(c) Ten years, if kept dry.
(d) A year, if kept dry.
5. Who sent a scathing letter with the ship that arrived in November, 1621?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did William Bradford marry?
2. Where did the Pilgrim's plan to build their houses?
3. Who had the Pilgrims considered asking to be their military leader?
4. Who allowed war to happen?
5. What was William Bradford's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why, according to the author, do we like to know how it was "in the beginning"?
2. How did the Pilgrims solve the problem of having to entertain and feed a continual stream of Indian visitors?
3. Why did the future site of Pymouth Plantation come do well recommended?
4. Why do some people think that Dorothy Bradford may have committed suicide?
5. Why does the author state that the story about the Pilgrims changes from the story we know to the story that we need to know?
6. Why were the Pokanokets in a desperate struggle to maintain their existence as a people?
7. What one clue did Bradford leave that might indicate how he felt about the death of his wife?
8. Where should the Pilgrims have settled rather than Plymouth?
9. Describe how an Indian named Epenow persuaded his English abductors to return him to the New World.
10. Why was it illegal for the Separatists to have their own church services?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)