|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What colony did Roger Williams found?
(a) New Hampshire.
(d) Rhode Island.
2. Who decided to escape the sorry settlement of Wessagusett and find his way to Plymouth?
(a) Phineas Pratt.
(c) John Hamden.
(d) Edward Johnson.
3. Why was Massasoit sick?
(a) Probably measles.
(b) Probably typhus.
(c) Someone had tried to poison him.
(d) Food poisoning.
4. How many acres of land had to be deforested in a year for a town of two hundred homes?
(a) 65 acres.
(b) 75 acres.
(c) 200 acres.
(d) 25 acres.
5. Toward the end of the war, what did the New Englanders do with Indian captives?
(a) Killed them.
(b) Sold them into slavery.
(c) Sent them to Virginia.
(d) Put them on reservations.
6. In Chapter 15, where does Church move his wife and son?
7. What ominous event occurred the night of June 26, 1675.
(a) Total eclipse of the moon.
(b) A midnight raid.
(c) An large piece of an asteroid fell on the ground.
(d) A meteor shower.
8. Who had pledged his country's support to Philip in the fall?
(a) A German.
(b) A Canadian.
(c) A Scotsman.
(d) A Frenchman.
9. What did some of the Wessagussett settlers trade for food?
(a) Cooking pots.
10. What group did Massasoit lead in his later years?
11. In Chapter 9, where did Miles Standish travel to pick up some corn?
12. How far away was the nearest Indian village from Plymouth?
(a) 40 miles.
(b) 15 miles.
(c) 60 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
13. What type of a new American came into being after King Philip's War?
14. Who succeeded Bradford as governor?
(a) John Brown.
(b) Thomas Prence.
(c) Roger Williams.
(d) Edward Winslow.
15. To whom did Alexander keep selling land?
(a) Massachusetts Bay Colony.
(b) Rhode Islanders.
Short Answer Questions
1. In December 1675, who became the leader of over 1,000 English soldiers?
2. How did the Indians cross the Bacquag River?
3. What did the English use as a form of currency, especially during the English civil war?
4. What percentage of the land in New England was suitable for farming?
5. What friendly tribe had their wigwams burned by Moseley?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)