|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vandalism in 1675 caused Governor Winslow to ask for assistance from the Massachusetts Bay colony?
(a) Crops were destroyed.
(b) Boats were damaged.
(c) Burning of two houses.
(d) The church was destroyed.
2. What did Massasoit put at the bottom of his last Plymouth land deed?
(a) A pictogram.
(b) His thumbprint.
(c) Blood from his finger.
(d) An "X" for his signature.
3. To whom did Alexander keep selling land?
(a) Massachusetts Bay Colony.
(c) Rhode Islanders.
4. Who decided to escape the sorry settlement of Wessagusett and find his way to Plymouth?
(a) Phineas Pratt.
(c) John Hamden.
(d) Edward Johnson.
5. Who bought the Mount Hope Peninsula went it was for sale in 1680?
(a) The Sakonnets.
(b) Investors from Boston.
(c) Colonists from Plymouth.
(d) The Narragansetts.
6. How many ships arrived in New England in 1630?
7. Who was the settlement leader of Wessagussett in 1623?
(a) Phineas Pratt.
(b) John Sanders.
(c) John Smythe.
(d) John Hamden.
8. How many tons of lumber were required to build a home in the 1650s?
(a) 1 ton.
(b) 6 tons.
(c) 12 tons.
(d) 14 tons.
9. Who did Bradford learn died in 1625?
(b) Roger Williams.
(d) John Robinson.
10. What area had become Plymouth colony's one oasis of safety?
(b) Cape Cod.
11. Who was he leader of the Connecticut forces?
(a) Samuel Moseley.
(b) Captain Thomas Lathrop.
(c) Josiah Winslow.
(d) Major John Talcott.
12. What son of Massasoit became Pokanokets' new leader?
13. Who began equipping the Natives Americans with guns?
(a) Roger Williams.
(b) Thomas Morton.
(c) Edward Winslow.
(d) John Cotton.
14. Who does Church meet with at the beginning of Chapter 16?
15. What ominous event occurred the night of June 26, 1675.
(a) A midnight raid.
(b) A meteor shower.
(c) An large piece of an asteroid fell on the ground.
(d) Total eclipse of the moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had pledged his country's support to Philip in the fall?
2. Who were the most feared warriors in the Northeast?
3. Where were the Praying Indians relocated in Chapter 14?
4. What nation did Massasoit establish during the years after the Wessagussett raid?
5. What colony did Roger Williams found?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)