|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a shocking outrage to the Puritans at Kickemuit?
(a) The Indians had sent their dogs into a church.
(b) The Indians captured some white women.
(c) The Indians had torn a Bible.
(d) The Indians had raped a white woman.
2. Who became pastor at Plymouth in 1667?
(a) John Cotton.
(b) John Robinson.
(c) William Bradford.
(d) Roger Williams.
3. What did Thomas Morton build instead of a wall?
(a) A maypole.
(b) A barn.
(c) A fort.
(d) A threshing floor.
4. What ability had the Pilgrims temporarily ruined after the Wessagusett raid?
(a) Ability to trade.
(b) Their relationship with Iyanough.
(c) Their relationship with Massasoit.
(d) Their relationship with Canacum.
5. What diseases afflicted the Pokanokets in 1634?
(a) Measles and mumps.
(b) Typhus and measles.
(c) Typhus and influenza.
(d) Smallpox and influenza.
6. What son of Massasoit became Pokanokets' new leader?
7. Who was the only Englishman in Sakonnet?
(a) John Leverett.
(b) Francis Cook.
(c) Benjamin Church.
(d) Thomas Moseley.
8. How many tons of lumber were required to build a home in the 1650s?
(a) 1 ton.
(b) 6 tons.
(c) 14 tons.
(d) 12 tons.
9. What became the economic center of the region after 1660?
10. How many acres of land had to be deforested in a year for a town of two hundred homes?
(a) 200 acres.
(b) 25 acres.
(c) 75 acres.
(d) 65 acres.
11. What group did Massasoit lead in his later years?
12. What did the English use as a form of currency, especially during the English civil war?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) The Indians' shell beads.
(c) Livestock and crops.
(d) Letters of credit.
13. How many ships arrived in New England in 1630?
14. What isolated town was attached by the Nipmucks on August 2, 1675?
(a) Mount Hope.
15. Who were the most feared warriors in the Northeast?
(a) The Sakonnet.
(b) The Mohawks.
(c) The Nipsachuck.
(d) The Narragansett.
Short Answer Questions
1. What man was one of the first New Englanders to embrace the wilderness?
2. Which group of Indians became the first in New England to disown Philip?
3. In Chapter 9, where did Miles Standish travel to pick up some corn?
4. What was the name of the settlement north of Wessagusett in modern Braintree?
5. Who was he leader of the Connecticut forces?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)