|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the sachem of Sakonnet?
(b) Sagamore Sam.
2. How many acres of land had to be deforested in a year for a town of two hundred homes?
(a) 200 acres.
(b) 75 acres.
(c) 65 acres.
(d) 25 acres.
3. How did the Indians cross the Bacquag River?
(a) Rode across on their horses.
(b) Used canoes.
(c) Built rafts.
(d) Swam across.
4. What did Massasoit put at the bottom of his last Plymouth land deed?
(a) His thumbprint.
(b) An "X" for his signature.
(c) Blood from his finger.
(d) A pictogram.
5. How close to Wessagussett colony was an Indian settlement?
(a) 40 miles away.
(b) 15 miles away.
(c) Right beside the colony.
(d) 25 miles away.
6. What did some of the Wessagussett settlers trade for food?
(b) Cooking pots.
7. Where were the Praying Indians relocated in Chapter 14?
(a) An internment camp near Boston.
(b) The Caribbean.
(c) An internment camp on Deer Island.
8. What did Winslow designate Thursday, June 24, 1675?
(a) A day of celebration.
(b) A day of prayer.
(c) A day of feasting.
(d) A day of fasting and humiliation.
9. Who bought the Mount Hope Peninsula went it was for sale in 1680?
(a) Colonists from Plymouth.
(b) The Narragansetts.
(c) Investors from Boston.
(d) The Sakonnets.
10. Who believed that the only good Indian was a dead Indian?
(a) Captain Thomas Lathrop.
(b) Captain Samuel Moseley.
(c) Major Simon Willard.
(d) Richard Beers.
11. What ability had the Pilgrims temporarily ruined after the Wessagusett raid?
(a) Their relationship with Massasoit.
(b) Their relationship with Canacum.
(c) Ability to trade.
(d) Their relationship with Iyanough.
12. When was Bradford's "Of Plymouth Plantation" published?
13. What was the chief concern of Weston's men?
(b) Fear of the Indians.
(c) Catching typhus.
(d) Building a fort.
14. What ominous event occurred the night of June 26, 1675.
(a) A meteor shower.
(b) An large piece of an asteroid fell on the ground.
(c) Total eclipse of the moon.
(d) A midnight raid.
15. Who became pastor at Plymouth in 1667?
(a) John Cotton.
(b) Roger Williams.
(c) John Robinson.
(d) William Bradford.
Short Answer Questions
1. What man was one of the first New Englanders to embrace the wilderness?
2. What group did Massasoit lead in his later years?
3. To what did Massasoit's sons change their names?
4. What did the Pilgrims insist be secured before any Native land purchases could proceed?
5. Who decided to escape the sorry settlement of Wessagusett and find his way to Plymouth?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)