|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Massasoit sick?
(a) Probably typhus.
(b) Food poisoning.
(c) Probably measles.
(d) Someone had tried to poison him.
2. Out of an estimated 400 hundred Sakonnets in 1700, how many remained in 1774?
(a) One hundred men and fifty women.
(b) Six men and nineteen women.
(c) Seventy-five men and eighty women.
(d) Forty men and thirty women.
3. Who does Church meet with at the beginning of Chapter 16?
4. Which colony had relied on friendly Indians from the very start of the conflict?
(b) Rhode Island.
5. What man was one of the first New Englanders to embrace the wilderness?
6. What did England become after the death of King Charles?
(a) A Puritan state.
(b) An autocracy.
(c) A oligarchy.
(d) A Catholic state.
7. Who was he leader of the Connecticut forces?
(a) Josiah Winslow.
(b) Samuel Moseley.
(c) Captain Thomas Lathrop.
(d) Major John Talcott.
8. What son of Massasoit became Pokanokets' new leader?
9. What was the chief concern of Weston's men?
(b) Fear of the Indians.
(c) Catching typhus.
(d) Building a fort.
10. Who believed that the only good Indian was a dead Indian?
(a) Richard Beers.
(b) Captain Thomas Lathrop.
(c) Major Simon Willard.
(d) Captain Samuel Moseley.
11. What isolated town was attached by the Nipmucks on August 2, 1675?
(c) Mount Hope.
12. Who was the sachem of Sakonnet?
(d) Sagamore Sam.
13. Who became the first English mayor of Manhattan?
(a) John Leverett.
(b) Francis Cook.
(c) Benjamin Church.
(d) Thomas Willett.
14. When was Bradford's "Of Plymouth Plantation" published?
15. Who bought the Mount Hope Peninsula went it was for sale in 1680?
(a) Colonists from Plymouth.
(b) Investors from Boston.
(c) The Narragansetts.
(d) The Sakonnets.
Short Answer Questions
1. In December 1675, who became the leader of over 1,000 English soldiers?
2. Why did many Indians die in the summer of 1623?
3. Who did Bradford learn died in 1625?
4. What was a shocking outrage to the Puritans at Kickemuit?
5. Who were the most feared warriors in the Northeast?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)