|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What English woman was taken captive in Lancaster?
(a) Mary Rowlandson.
(b) Alice Church.
(c) Penelope Winslow.
(d) Sarah Winslow.
2. Where were the Praying Indians relocated in Chapter 14?
(b) An internment camp on Deer Island.
(c) The Caribbean.
(d) An internment camp near Boston.
3. What son of Massasoit became Pokanokets' new leader?
4. How far away was the nearest Indian village from Plymouth?
(a) 60 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) 40 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
5. Why was Massasoit sick?
(a) Probably measles.
(b) Food poisoning.
(c) Someone had tried to poison him.
(d) Probably typhus.
6. In December 1675, who became the leader of over 1,000 English soldiers?
(a) Josiah Winslow.
(b) James Cudworth.
(c) Samuel Moseley.
(d) Benjamin Church.
7. What group did Massasoit lead in his later years?
8. Who became sachem after Alexander died?
9. What did some Massachusetts authorities consider building when conditions became so desperate and winter was approaching?
(b) Cannon platforms.
(c) A palisade wall.
(d) A fort.
10. Who decided to escape the sorry settlement of Wessagusett and find his way to Plymouth?
(a) John Hamden.
(c) Edward Johnson.
(d) Phineas Pratt.
11. In Chapter 9, where did Miles Standish travel to pick up some corn?
12. How close to Wessagussett colony was an Indian settlement?
(a) 25 miles away.
(b) 15 miles away.
(c) 40 miles away.
(d) Right beside the colony.
13. Who began equipping the Natives Americans with guns?
(a) Thomas Morton.
(b) Roger Williams.
(c) Edward Winslow.
(d) John Cotton.
14. Who became the first English mayor of Manhattan?
(a) Benjamin Church.
(b) John Leverett.
(c) Francis Cook.
(d) Thomas Willett.
15. What became the economic center of the region after 1660?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tons of lumber were required to build a home in the 1650s?
2. Who was he leader of the Connecticut forces?
3. What diseases afflicted the Pokanokets in 1634?
4. Who had to intercede in an altercation between Standish and fishermen on Cape Ann?
5. Who were the most feared warriors in the Northeast?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)