|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group did Massasoit lead in his later years?
2. Who was the settlement leader of Wessagussett in 1623?
(a) John Smythe.
(b) Phineas Pratt.
(c) John Sanders.
(d) John Hamden.
3. What nation did Massasoit establish during the years after the Wessagussett raid?
4. What was the chief concern of Weston's men?
(a) Catching typhus.
(c) Fear of the Indians.
(d) Building a fort.
5. When the Sakonets wished to stay out of the conflict, where did Bradford ask them to go?
6. To whom did Alexander keep selling land?
(a) Massachusetts Bay Colony.
(b) Rhode Islanders.
7. What colony did Roger Williams found?
(a) Rhode Island.
(d) New Hampshire.
8. What was the name of the settlement north of Wessagusett in modern Braintree?
(a) New London.
9. How did the Indians cross the Bacquag River?
(a) Built rafts.
(b) Swam across.
(c) Used canoes.
(d) Rode across on their horses.
10. What ominous event occurred the night of June 26, 1675.
(a) A midnight raid.
(b) An large piece of an asteroid fell on the ground.
(c) A meteor shower.
(d) Total eclipse of the moon.
11. Why was Massasoit sick?
(a) Food poisoning.
(b) Someone had tried to poison him.
(c) Probably measles.
(d) Probably typhus.
12. In December 1675, who became the leader of over 1,000 English soldiers?
(a) James Cudworth.
(b) Josiah Winslow.
(c) Benjamin Church.
(d) Samuel Moseley.
13. Who did Bradford blame for the difficulties the Pilgrims had paying off the colony's debt?
(a) Roger Williams.
(b) Isaac Allerton.
(c) Roger Conant.
14. Toward the end of the war, what did the New Englanders do with Indian captives?
(a) Put them on reservations.
(b) Sold them into slavery.
(c) Sent them to Virginia.
(d) Killed them.
15. What ability had the Pilgrims temporarily ruined after the Wessagusett raid?
(a) Their relationship with Iyanough.
(b) Ability to trade.
(c) Their relationship with Massasoit.
(d) Their relationship with Canacum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who succeeded Bradford as governor?
2. What did the English use as a form of currency, especially during the English civil war?
3. How many acres of land had to be deforested in a year for a town of two hundred homes?
4. What type of a new American came into being after King Philip's War?
5. Who were the most feared warriors in the Northeast?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)