|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ominous event occurred the night of June 26, 1675.
(a) An large piece of an asteroid fell on the ground.
(b) Total eclipse of the moon.
(c) A midnight raid.
(d) A meteor shower.
2. What type of a new American came into being after King Philip's War?
3. What man was one of the first New Englanders to embrace the wilderness?
4. To what did Massasoit's sons change their names?
(a) Miles and Edward.
(b) Alexander and Philip.
(c) John and William.
(d) David and Thomas.
5. What son of Massasoit became Pokanokets' new leader?
6. Why did the Great Migration come to an end in the early 1640s?
(a) The land was becoming too settled.
(b) English civil war.
(c) There was too great a threat of Indian attacks.
(d) The colonies had become too religious for many people.
7. Who was he leader of the Connecticut forces?
(a) Captain Thomas Lathrop.
(b) Josiah Winslow.
(c) Samuel Moseley.
(d) Major John Talcott.
8. How many acres of land had to be deforested in a year for a town of two hundred homes?
(a) 75 acres.
(b) 200 acres.
(c) 25 acres.
(d) 65 acres.
9. What isolated town was attached by the Nipmucks on August 2, 1675?
(d) Mount Hope.
10. What did Thomas Morton build instead of a wall?
(a) A fort.
(b) A barn.
(c) A maypole.
(d) A threshing floor.
11. What was the name of the settlement north of Wessagusett in modern Braintree?
(a) New London.
12. Which colony had relied on friendly Indians from the very start of the conflict?
(d) Rhode Island.
13. Who believed that the only good Indian was a dead Indian?
(a) Captain Samuel Moseley.
(b) Captain Thomas Lathrop.
(c) Richard Beers.
(d) Major Simon Willard.
14. What group did Massasoit lead in his later years?
15. Who were the most feared warriors in the Northeast?
(a) The Nipsachuck.
(b) The Mohawks.
(c) The Sakonnet.
(d) The Narragansett.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the sachem of Sakonnet?
2. How close to Wessagussett colony was an Indian settlement?
3. Who began equipping the Natives Americans with guns?
4. How many tons of lumber were required to build a home in the 1650s?
5. How many ships arrived in New England in 1630?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)