|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Bradford learn died in 1625?
(a) John Robinson.
(d) Roger Williams.
2. Why was Arthur Peach hanged in 1638?
(a) Because he killed his brother.
(b) Because he attacked Bradford.
(c) Because he killed an Indian.
(d) Because he killed Standish.
3. What group did Massasoit lead in his later years?
4. What friendly tribe had their wigwams burned by Moseley?
(a) Praying Indians.
5. In Chapter 15, where does Church move his wife and son?
6. Who was the settlement leader of Wessagussett in 1623?
(a) John Hamden.
(b) John Sanders.
(c) Phineas Pratt.
(d) John Smythe.
7. What prophecy had Philip's pow-wows spoken about his death?
(a) He would die at the hands of a white woman.
(b) He would not die at the hands of an Englishman.
(c) He would die at the hands of an Englishman.
(d) He would die at the hands of a white general.
8. What did Winslow designate Thursday, June 24, 1675?
(a) A day of feasting.
(b) A day of fasting and humiliation.
(c) A day of prayer.
(d) A day of celebration.
9. Who did Bradford blame for the difficulties the Pilgrims had paying off the colony's debt?
(a) Isaac Allerton.
(c) Roger Conant.
(d) Roger Williams.
10. Which colony had relied on friendly Indians from the very start of the conflict?
(a) Rhode Island.
11. To what did Massasoit's sons change their names?
(a) Miles and Edward.
(b) David and Thomas.
(c) Alexander and Philip.
(d) John and William.
12. Toward the end of the war, what did the New Englanders do with Indian captives?
(a) Sold them into slavery.
(b) Put them on reservations.
(c) Sent them to Virginia.
(d) Killed them.
13. What ability had the Pilgrims temporarily ruined after the Wessagusett raid?
(a) Their relationship with Canacum.
(b) Their relationship with Massasoit.
(c) Ability to trade.
(d) Their relationship with Iyanough.
14. When the Sakonets wished to stay out of the conflict, where did Bradford ask them to go?
15. To whom did Alexander keep selling land?
(b) Massachusetts Bay Colony.
(d) Rhode Islanders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What diseases afflicted the Pokanokets in 1634?
2. Who were the most feared warriors in the Northeast?
3. Who was the sachem of Sakonnet?
4. What was the name of the settlement north of Wessagusett in modern Braintree?
5. What English woman was taken captive in Lancaster?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)