|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the chief concern of Weston's men?
(b) Fear of the Indians.
(c) Building a fort.
(d) Catching typhus.
2. Which colony had relied on friendly Indians from the very start of the conflict?
(c) Rhode Island.
3. What man was one of the first New Englanders to embrace the wilderness?
4. What group did Massasoit lead in his later years?
5. Out of an estimated 400 hundred Sakonnets in 1700, how many remained in 1774?
(a) Seventy-five men and eighty women.
(b) Six men and nineteen women.
(c) One hundred men and fifty women.
(d) Forty men and thirty women.
6. Who does Church meet with at the beginning of Chapter 16?
7. What diseases afflicted the Pokanokets in 1634?
(a) Measles and mumps.
(b) Typhus and measles.
(c) Smallpox and influenza.
(d) Typhus and influenza.
8. What did some Massachusetts authorities consider building when conditions became so desperate and winter was approaching?
(a) A fort.
(b) A palisade wall.
(c) Cannon platforms.
9. To what did Massasoit's sons change their names?
(a) David and Thomas.
(b) Miles and Edward.
(c) John and William.
(d) Alexander and Philip.
10. What area had become Plymouth colony's one oasis of safety?
(c) Cape Cod.
11. What English woman was taken captive in Lancaster?
(a) Alice Church.
(b) Penelope Winslow.
(c) Mary Rowlandson.
(d) Sarah Winslow.
12. Who was the settlement leader of Wessagussett in 1623?
(a) John Smythe.
(b) John Hamden.
(c) Phineas Pratt.
(d) John Sanders.
13. What prophecy had Philip's pow-wows spoken about his death?
(a) He would die at the hands of a white general.
(b) He would not die at the hands of an Englishman.
(c) He would die at the hands of a white woman.
(d) He would die at the hands of an Englishman.
14. When was Bradford's "Of Plymouth Plantation" published?
15. How far away was the nearest Indian village from Plymouth?
(a) 15 miles.
(b) 60 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 40 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Sakonets wished to stay out of the conflict, where did Bradford ask them to go?
2. How close to Wessagussett colony was an Indian settlement?
3. Why did the Great Migration come to an end in the early 1640s?
4. What friendly tribe had their wigwams burned by Moseley?
5. Who became the first English mayor of Manhattan?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)