|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the most feared warriors in the Northeast?
(a) The Nipsachuck.
(b) The Narragansett.
(c) The Sakonnet.
(d) The Mohawks.
2. Why was Arthur Peach hanged in 1638?
(a) Because he killed Standish.
(b) Because he killed an Indian.
(c) Because he killed his brother.
(d) Because he attacked Bradford.
3. Who succeeded Bradford as governor?
(a) Edward Winslow.
(b) Roger Williams.
(c) Thomas Prence.
(d) John Brown.
4. What did Massasoit put at the bottom of his last Plymouth land deed?
(a) An "X" for his signature.
(b) Blood from his finger.
(c) A pictogram.
(d) His thumbprint.
5. To whom did Alexander keep selling land?
(a) Massachusetts Bay Colony.
(d) Rhode Islanders.
6. How far away was the nearest Indian village from Plymouth?
(a) 40 miles.
(b) 60 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
7. Who was the only Englishman in Sakonnet?
(a) Francis Cook.
(b) John Leverett.
(c) Benjamin Church.
(d) Thomas Moseley.
8. How close to Wessagussett colony was an Indian settlement?
(a) Right beside the colony.
(b) 25 miles away.
(c) 15 miles away.
(d) 40 miles away.
9. What did the colonists at Wessagussett have to do in order to seek food?
(a) Leave the safety of their fortress.
(b) Use some of their precious ammunition.
(c) Trade with the Indians.
(d) Trade with the Pilgrims.
10. In December 1675, who became the leader of over 1,000 English soldiers?
(a) Benjamin Church.
(b) Josiah Winslow.
(c) Samuel Moseley.
(d) James Cudworth.
11. How many ships arrived in New England in 1630?
12. Who did Bradford blame for the difficulties the Pilgrims had paying off the colony's debt?
(a) Roger Williams.
(c) Roger Conant.
(d) Isaac Allerton.
13. Out of an estimated 400 hundred Sakonnets in 1700, how many remained in 1774?
(a) Seventy-five men and eighty women.
(b) One hundred men and fifty women.
(c) Forty men and thirty women.
(d) Six men and nineteen women.
14. What did some of the Wessagussett settlers trade for food?
(a) Cooking pots.
15. What area had become Plymouth colony's one oasis of safety?
(d) Cape Cod.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did many Indians die in the summer of 1623?
2. Who did Bradford learn died in 1625?
3. What prophecy had Philip's pow-wows spoken about his death?
4. What did Winslow designate Thursday, June 24, 1675?
5. Who bought the Mount Hope Peninsula went it was for sale in 1680?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)