|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did England become after the death of King Charles?
(a) A Catholic state.
(b) A oligarchy.
(c) An autocracy.
(d) A Puritan state.
2. What isolated town was attached by the Nipmucks on August 2, 1675?
(c) Mount Hope.
3. What English woman was taken captive in Lancaster?
(a) Sarah Winslow.
(b) Alice Church.
(c) Mary Rowlandson.
(d) Penelope Winslow.
4. Who began equipping the Natives Americans with guns?
(a) John Cotton.
(b) Edward Winslow.
(c) Thomas Morton.
(d) Roger Williams.
5. Where were the Praying Indians relocated in Chapter 14?
(b) The Caribbean.
(c) An internment camp near Boston.
(d) An internment camp on Deer Island.
6. What did Massasoit put at the bottom of his last Plymouth land deed?
(a) A pictogram.
(b) His thumbprint.
(c) Blood from his finger.
(d) An "X" for his signature.
7. What did Bradford study the last days of his life?
(a) The Massachusetts language.
8. How many acres of land had to be deforested in a year for a town of two hundred homes?
(a) 65 acres.
(b) 75 acres.
(c) 25 acres.
(d) 200 acres.
9. What diseases afflicted the Pokanokets in 1634?
(a) Typhus and measles.
(b) Measles and mumps.
(c) Typhus and influenza.
(d) Smallpox and influenza.
10. Which group of Indians became the first in New England to disown Philip?
(a) Nantucket Indians.
(b) Pokanoket Indians.
(c) Narragansett Indians.
(d) Massachusetts Indians.
11. When was Bradford's "Of Plymouth Plantation" published?
12. What did Winslow designate Thursday, June 24, 1675?
(a) A day of celebration.
(b) A day of fasting and humiliation.
(c) A day of prayer.
(d) A day of feasting.
13. In Chapter 15, where does Church move his wife and son?
14. Who became the first English mayor of Manhattan?
(a) John Leverett.
(b) Thomas Willett.
(c) Francis Cook.
(d) Benjamin Church.
15. To whom did Alexander keep selling land?
(a) Massachusetts Bay Colony.
(b) Rhode Islanders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ominous event occurred the night of June 26, 1675.
2. What did Thomas Morton build instead of a wall?
3. What group did Massasoit lead in his later years?
4. Who was he leader of the Connecticut forces?
5. What did some of the Wessagussett settlers trade for food?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)