Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vandalism in 1675 caused Governor Winslow to ask for assistance from the Massachusetts Bay colony?
(a) Boats were damaged.
(b) Crops were destroyed.
(c) Burning of two houses.
(d) The church was destroyed.
2. What ominous event occurred the night of June 26, 1675.
(a) Total eclipse of the moon.
(b) A meteor shower.
(c) An large piece of an asteroid fell on the ground.
(d) A midnight raid.
3. What did the colonists at Wessagussett have to do in order to seek food?
(a) Trade with the Indians.
(b) Trade with the Pilgrims.
(c) Use some of their precious ammunition.
(d) Leave the safety of their fortress.
4. Out of an estimated 400 hundred Sakonnets in 1700, how many remained in 1774?
(a) One hundred men and fifty women.
(b) Six men and nineteen women.
(c) Forty men and thirty women.
(d) Seventy-five men and eighty women.
5. What was a shocking outrage to the Puritans at Kickemuit?
(a) The Indians had raped a white woman.
(b) The Indians had sent their dogs into a church.
(c) The Indians had torn a Bible.
(d) The Indians captured some white women.
6. What did some Massachusetts authorities consider building when conditions became so desperate and winter was approaching?
(a) A fort.
(c) A palisade wall.
(d) Cannon platforms.
7. Who insisted that the Indians were the legal owners of their lands?
(a) William Bradford.
(b) Roger Williams.
(c) Roger Conant.
(d) Thomas Morton.
8. In December 1675, who became the leader of over 1,000 English soldiers?
(a) James Cudworth.
(b) Josiah Winslow.
(c) Benjamin Church.
(d) Samuel Moseley.
9. Who was he leader of the Connecticut forces?
(a) Major John Talcott.
(b) Captain Thomas Lathrop.
(c) Josiah Winslow.
(d) Samuel Moseley.
10. What did Massasoit put at the bottom of his last Plymouth land deed?
(a) An "X" for his signature.
(b) Blood from his finger.
(c) His thumbprint.
(d) A pictogram.
11. Which group of Indians became the first in New England to disown Philip?
(a) Massachusetts Indians.
(b) Pokanoket Indians.
(c) Narragansett Indians.
(d) Nantucket Indians.
12. Who did Bradford blame for the difficulties the Pilgrims had paying off the colony's debt?
(a) Roger Williams.
(b) Isaac Allerton.
(d) Roger Conant.
13. What did England become after the death of King Charles?
(a) An autocracy.
(b) A Puritan state.
(c) A Catholic state.
(d) A oligarchy.
14. Who had to intercede in an altercation between Standish and fishermen on Cape Ann?
(a) Thomas Morton.
(b) Roger Conant.
(c) John Cotton.
(d) Roger Williams.
15. How far away was the nearest Indian village from Plymouth?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 40 miles.
(c) 60 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ability had the Pilgrims temporarily ruined after the Wessagusett raid?
2. What did Winslow designate Thursday, June 24, 1675?
3. What was the chief concern of Weston's men?
4. Who began equipping the Natives Americans with guns?
5. Why was Arthur Peach hanged in 1638?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)