|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many acres of land had to be deforested in a year for a town of two hundred homes?
(a) 65 acres.
(b) 200 acres.
(c) 75 acres.
(d) 25 acres.
2. What nation did Massasoit establish during the years after the Wessagussett raid?
3. What did Thomas Morton build instead of a wall?
(a) A fort.
(b) A threshing floor.
(c) A barn.
(d) A maypole.
4. What isolated town was attached by the Nipmucks on August 2, 1675?
(d) Mount Hope.
5. Who did Bradford learn died in 1625?
(a) John Robinson.
(b) Roger Williams.
6. What diseases afflicted the Pokanokets in 1634?
(a) Typhus and influenza.
(b) Smallpox and influenza.
(c) Typhus and measles.
(d) Measles and mumps.
7. When the Sakonets wished to stay out of the conflict, where did Bradford ask them to go?
8. Toward the end of the war, what did the New Englanders do with Indian captives?
(a) Sold them into slavery.
(b) Put them on reservations.
(c) Killed them.
(d) Sent them to Virginia.
9. What did Bradford study the last days of his life?
(c) The Massachusetts language.
10. What did the Pilgrims insist be secured before any Native land purchases could proceed?
(a) Approval of the entire Indian tribe.
(b) A deed.
(c) A title.
(d) Court approval.
11. Which colony had relied on friendly Indians from the very start of the conflict?
(c) Rhode Island.
12. What group did Massasoit lead in his later years?
13. Who became the first English mayor of Manhattan?
(a) Benjamin Church.
(b) Thomas Willett.
(c) Francis Cook.
(d) John Leverett.
14. Who insisted that the Indians were the legal owners of their lands?
(a) Roger Williams.
(b) William Bradford.
(c) Roger Conant.
(d) Thomas Morton.
15. Out of an estimated 400 hundred Sakonnets in 1700, how many remained in 1774?
(a) Forty men and thirty women.
(b) One hundred men and fifty women.
(c) Six men and nineteen women.
(d) Seventy-five men and eighty women.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many ships arrived in New England in 1630?
2. How did the Indians cross the Bacquag River?
3. What English woman was taken captive in Lancaster?
4. Who decided to escape the sorry settlement of Wessagusett and find his way to Plymouth?
5. Why did many Indians die in the summer of 1623?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)