|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the English use as a form of currency, especially during the English civil war?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) The Indians' shell beads.
(c) Livestock and crops.
(d) Letters of credit.
2. What son of Massasoit became Pokanokets' new leader?
3. What did the Pilgrims insist be secured before any Native land purchases could proceed?
(a) A title.
(b) Court approval.
(c) A deed.
(d) Approval of the entire Indian tribe.
4. What vandalism in 1675 caused Governor Winslow to ask for assistance from the Massachusetts Bay colony?
(a) The church was destroyed.
(b) Crops were destroyed.
(c) Boats were damaged.
(d) Burning of two houses.
5. How did the Indians cross the Bacquag River?
(a) Swam across.
(b) Rode across on their horses.
(c) Used canoes.
(d) Built rafts.
6. What happened to Philip's nine-year-old son?
(a) Sold into slavery.
(b) Went to live with the Narragansetts.
(c) Given to the Sakonnets.
(d) Went to live in Swansea.
7. Who succeeded Bradford as governor?
(a) Thomas Prence.
(b) Roger Williams.
(c) Edward Winslow.
(d) John Brown.
8. Who was the sachem of Sakonnet?
(a) Sagamore Sam.
9. What prophecy had Philip's pow-wows spoken about his death?
(a) He would die at the hands of a white woman.
(b) He would die at the hands of an Englishman.
(c) He would die at the hands of a white general.
(d) He would not die at the hands of an Englishman.
10. What isolated town was attached by the Nipmucks on August 2, 1675?
(c) Mount Hope.
11. Who became pastor at Plymouth in 1667?
(a) John Robinson.
(b) John Cotton.
(c) Roger Williams.
(d) William Bradford.
12. When was Bradford's "Of Plymouth Plantation" published?
13. Who became sachem after Alexander died?
14. Who believed that the only good Indian was a dead Indian?
(a) Major Simon Willard.
(b) Captain Thomas Lathrop.
(c) Captain Samuel Moseley.
(d) Richard Beers.
15. How many acres of land had to be deforested in a year for a town of two hundred homes?
(a) 200 acres.
(b) 65 acres.
(c) 75 acres.
(d) 25 acres.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had to intercede in an altercation between Standish and fishermen on Cape Ann?
2. Who did Bradford blame for the difficulties the Pilgrims had paying off the colony's debt?
3. What was the chief concern of Weston's men?
4. What English woman was taken captive in Lancaster?
5. To what did Massasoit's sons change their names?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)