|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was he leader of the Connecticut forces?
(a) Major John Talcott.
(b) Captain Thomas Lathrop.
(c) Josiah Winslow.
(d) Samuel Moseley.
2. In Chapter 15, where does Church move his wife and son?
3. What prophecy had Philip's pow-wows spoken about his death?
(a) He would die at the hands of a white woman.
(b) He would die at the hands of a white general.
(c) He would not die at the hands of an Englishman.
(d) He would die at the hands of an Englishman.
4. Who began equipping the Natives Americans with guns?
(a) Thomas Morton.
(b) Edward Winslow.
(c) John Cotton.
(d) Roger Williams.
5. What ability had the Pilgrims temporarily ruined after the Wessagusett raid?
(a) Their relationship with Massasoit.
(b) Their relationship with Canacum.
(c) Their relationship with Iyanough.
(d) Ability to trade.
6. Who was the only Englishman in Sakonnet?
(a) Thomas Moseley.
(b) Benjamin Church.
(c) John Leverett.
(d) Francis Cook.
7. Who was the settlement leader of Wessagussett in 1623?
(a) Phineas Pratt.
(b) John Sanders.
(c) John Smythe.
(d) John Hamden.
8. What man was one of the first New Englanders to embrace the wilderness?
9. What isolated town was attached by the Nipmucks on August 2, 1675?
(d) Mount Hope.
10. What percentage of the land in New England was suitable for farming?
(a) 20 percent.
(b) 80 percent.
(c) 50 percent.
(d) 5 percent.
11. What was the name of the settlement north of Wessagusett in modern Braintree?
(a) New London.
12. What did the English use as a form of currency, especially during the English civil war?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) The Indians' shell beads.
(c) Livestock and crops.
(d) Letters of credit.
13. What group did Massasoit lead in his later years?
14. Why did the Great Migration come to an end in the early 1640s?
(a) There was too great a threat of Indian attacks.
(b) English civil war.
(c) The land was becoming too settled.
(d) The colonies had become too religious for many people.
15. How did the Indians cross the Bacquag River?
(a) Rode across on their horses.
(b) Built rafts.
(c) Swam across.
(d) Used canoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nation did Massasoit establish during the years after the Wessagussett raid?
2. What did England become after the death of King Charles?
3. Who did Bradford learn died in 1625?
4. What became the economic center of the region after 1660?
5. How close to Wessagussett colony was an Indian settlement?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)