|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What friendly tribe had their wigwams burned by Moseley?
(d) Praying Indians.
2. What son of Massasoit became Pokanokets' new leader?
3. How many acres of land had to be deforested in a year for a town of two hundred homes?
(a) 200 acres.
(b) 75 acres.
(c) 25 acres.
(d) 65 acres.
4. When was Bradford's "Of Plymouth Plantation" published?
5. What did England become after the death of King Charles?
(a) A oligarchy.
(b) An autocracy.
(c) A Puritan state.
(d) A Catholic state.
6. Why was Massasoit sick?
(a) Food poisoning.
(b) Probably measles.
(c) Someone had tried to poison him.
(d) Probably typhus.
7. Who bought the Mount Hope Peninsula went it was for sale in 1680?
(a) The Sakonnets.
(b) The Narragansetts.
(c) Investors from Boston.
(d) Colonists from Plymouth.
8. What did some of the Wessagussett settlers trade for food?
(d) Cooking pots.
9. Where were the Praying Indians relocated in Chapter 14?
(a) An internment camp near Boston.
(b) The Caribbean.
(c) An internment camp on Deer Island.
10. What diseases afflicted the Pokanokets in 1634?
(a) Typhus and measles.
(b) Smallpox and influenza.
(c) Typhus and influenza.
(d) Measles and mumps.
11. Who decided to escape the sorry settlement of Wessagusett and find his way to Plymouth?
(a) Edward Johnson.
(b) Phineas Pratt.
(d) John Hamden.
12. What did Bradford study the last days of his life?
(b) The Massachusetts language.
13. How many tons of lumber were required to build a home in the 1650s?
(a) 1 ton.
(b) 6 tons.
(c) 14 tons.
(d) 12 tons.
14. What happened to Philip's nine-year-old son?
(a) Went to live in Swansea.
(b) Went to live with the Narragansetts.
(c) Given to the Sakonnets.
(d) Sold into slavery.
15. Who believed that the only good Indian was a dead Indian?
(a) Captain Samuel Moseley.
(b) Captain Thomas Lathrop.
(c) Richard Beers.
(d) Major Simon Willard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toward the end of the war, what did the New Englanders do with Indian captives?
2. Who does Church meet with at the beginning of Chapter 16?
3. In December 1675, who became the leader of over 1,000 English soldiers?
4. What did the Pilgrims insist be secured before any Native land purchases could proceed?
5. Who succeeded Bradford as governor?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)