|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out of an estimated 400 hundred Sakonnets in 1700, how many remained in 1774?
(a) One hundred men and fifty women.
(b) Seventy-five men and eighty women.
(c) Forty men and thirty women.
(d) Six men and nineteen women.
2. What English woman was taken captive in Lancaster?
(a) Sarah Winslow.
(b) Alice Church.
(c) Mary Rowlandson.
(d) Penelope Winslow.
3. What type of a new American came into being after King Philip's War?
4. What son of Massasoit became Pokanokets' new leader?
5. Why did many Indians die in the summer of 1623?
(a) They were not able to plant crops.
(b) Because of disease.
(c) Because of a measles epidemic.
(d) Because of war.
6. Which colony had relied on friendly Indians from the very start of the conflict?
(a) Rhode Island.
7. When was Bradford's "Of Plymouth Plantation" published?
8. Who insisted that the Indians were the legal owners of their lands?
(a) Roger Williams.
(b) Roger Conant.
(c) William Bradford.
(d) Thomas Morton.
9. What colony did Roger Williams found?
(a) New Hampshire.
(b) Rhode Island.
10. Who had to intercede in an altercation between Standish and fishermen on Cape Ann?
(a) John Cotton.
(b) Roger Williams.
(c) Thomas Morton.
(d) Roger Conant.
11. Who was the settlement leader of Wessagussett in 1623?
(a) John Hamden.
(b) John Smythe.
(c) Phineas Pratt.
(d) John Sanders.
12. When the Sakonets wished to stay out of the conflict, where did Bradford ask them to go?
13. What diseases afflicted the Pokanokets in 1634?
(a) Typhus and measles.
(b) Typhus and influenza.
(c) Smallpox and influenza.
(d) Measles and mumps.
14. What did Thomas Morton build instead of a wall?
(a) A barn.
(b) A fort.
(c) A maypole.
(d) A threshing floor.
15. Who was the sachem of Sakonnet?
(b) Sagamore Sam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believed that the only good Indian was a dead Indian?
2. What did some of the Wessagussett settlers trade for food?
3. Who became pastor at Plymouth in 1667?
4. Who was the only Englishman in Sakonnet?
5. What did Winslow designate Thursday, June 24, 1675?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)