|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What colony did Roger Williams found?
(c) New Hampshire.
(d) Rhode Island.
2. How close to Wessagussett colony was an Indian settlement?
(a) 25 miles away.
(b) 40 miles away.
(c) Right beside the colony.
(d) 15 miles away.
3. What did Bradford study the last days of his life?
(d) The Massachusetts language.
4. Who were the most feared warriors in the Northeast?
(a) The Narragansett.
(b) The Sakonnet.
(c) The Nipsachuck.
(d) The Mohawks.
5. What ability had the Pilgrims temporarily ruined after the Wessagusett raid?
(a) Their relationship with Iyanough.
(b) Ability to trade.
(c) Their relationship with Massasoit.
(d) Their relationship with Canacum.
6. What group did Massasoit lead in his later years?
7. Who succeeded Bradford as governor?
(a) Thomas Prence.
(b) John Brown.
(c) Edward Winslow.
(d) Roger Williams.
8. In Chapter 15, where does Church move his wife and son?
9. Who did Bradford learn died in 1625?
(a) John Robinson.
(c) Roger Williams.
10. What did the English use as a form of currency, especially during the English civil war?
(a) The Indians' shell beads.
(b) Letters of credit.
(c) Livestock and crops.
(d) Gold coins.
11. Who believed that the only good Indian was a dead Indian?
(a) Captain Thomas Lathrop.
(b) Richard Beers.
(c) Major Simon Willard.
(d) Captain Samuel Moseley.
12. Who became pastor at Plymouth in 1667?
(a) William Bradford.
(b) Roger Williams.
(c) John Robinson.
(d) John Cotton.
13. Who became the first English mayor of Manhattan?
(a) John Leverett.
(b) Benjamin Church.
(c) Thomas Willett.
(d) Francis Cook.
14. What friendly tribe had their wigwams burned by Moseley?
(c) Praying Indians.
15. What man was one of the first New Englanders to embrace the wilderness?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was he leader of the Connecticut forces?
2. What did the Pilgrims insist be secured before any Native land purchases could proceed?
3. Why did the Great Migration come to an end in the early 1640s?
4. Toward the end of the war, what did the New Englanders do with Indian captives?
5. Who began equipping the Natives Americans with guns?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)