|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bradford study the last days of his life?
(a) The Massachusetts language.
2. Who began equipping the Natives Americans with guns?
(a) Roger Williams.
(b) Edward Winslow.
(c) Thomas Morton.
(d) John Cotton.
3. What group did Massasoit lead in his later years?
4. What nation did Massasoit establish during the years after the Wessagussett raid?
5. Who became pastor at Plymouth in 1667?
(a) Roger Williams.
(b) John Cotton.
(c) John Robinson.
(d) William Bradford.
6. Who was the settlement leader of Wessagussett in 1623?
(a) Phineas Pratt.
(b) John Hamden.
(c) John Sanders.
(d) John Smythe.
7. Who had to intercede in an altercation between Standish and fishermen on Cape Ann?
(a) John Cotton.
(b) Roger Conant.
(c) Roger Williams.
(d) Thomas Morton.
8. Who was he leader of the Connecticut forces?
(a) Josiah Winslow.
(b) Samuel Moseley.
(c) Captain Thomas Lathrop.
(d) Major John Talcott.
9. To whom did Alexander keep selling land?
(c) Rhode Islanders.
(d) Massachusetts Bay Colony.
10. Who did Bradford blame for the difficulties the Pilgrims had paying off the colony's debt?
(a) Isaac Allerton.
(b) Roger Williams.
(d) Roger Conant.
11. How far away was the nearest Indian village from Plymouth?
(a) 15 miles.
(b) 40 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 60 miles.
12. In Chapter 9, where did Miles Standish travel to pick up some corn?
13. What friendly tribe had their wigwams burned by Moseley?
(b) Praying Indians.
14. What did Massasoit put at the bottom of his last Plymouth land deed?
(a) His thumbprint.
(b) An "X" for his signature.
(c) Blood from his finger.
(d) A pictogram.
15. How did the Indians cross the Bacquag River?
(a) Used canoes.
(b) Built rafts.
(c) Swam across.
(d) Rode across on their horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Massasoit sick?
2. What did England become after the death of King Charles?
3. Who decided to escape the sorry settlement of Wessagusett and find his way to Plymouth?
4. When the Sakonets wished to stay out of the conflict, where did Bradford ask them to go?
5. What did some of the Wessagussett settlers trade for food?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)