|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nation did Massasoit establish during the years after the Wessagussett raid?
2. What did Bradford study the last days of his life?
(a) The Massachusetts language.
3. What became the economic center of the region after 1660?
4. Who was he leader of the Connecticut forces?
(a) Captain Thomas Lathrop.
(b) Major John Talcott.
(c) Josiah Winslow.
(d) Samuel Moseley.
5. What area had become Plymouth colony's one oasis of safety?
(d) Cape Cod.
6. What happened to Philip's nine-year-old son?
(a) Sold into slavery.
(b) Went to live with the Narragansetts.
(c) Went to live in Swansea.
(d) Given to the Sakonnets.
7. What prophecy had Philip's pow-wows spoken about his death?
(a) He would die at the hands of a white woman.
(b) He would not die at the hands of an Englishman.
(c) He would die at the hands of a white general.
(d) He would die at the hands of an Englishman.
8. In Chapter 9, where did Miles Standish travel to pick up some corn?
9. What ability had the Pilgrims temporarily ruined after the Wessagusett raid?
(a) Their relationship with Massasoit.
(b) Ability to trade.
(c) Their relationship with Canacum.
(d) Their relationship with Iyanough.
10. What did Thomas Morton build instead of a wall?
(a) A threshing floor.
(b) A fort.
(c) A maypole.
(d) A barn.
11. To whom did Alexander keep selling land?
(a) Rhode Islanders.
(d) Massachusetts Bay Colony.
12. What ominous event occurred the night of June 26, 1675.
(a) A midnight raid.
(b) An large piece of an asteroid fell on the ground.
(c) Total eclipse of the moon.
(d) A meteor shower.
13. What diseases afflicted the Pokanokets in 1634?
(a) Typhus and measles.
(b) Smallpox and influenza.
(c) Measles and mumps.
(d) Typhus and influenza.
14. What did some of the Wessagussett settlers trade for food?
(c) Cooking pots.
15. What colony did Roger Williams found?
(a) Rhode Island.
(c) New Hampshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which colony had relied on friendly Indians from the very start of the conflict?
2. How many ships arrived in New England in 1630?
3. What did Winslow designate Thursday, June 24, 1675?
4. Why was Arthur Peach hanged in 1638?
5. Who were the most feared warriors in the Northeast?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)