|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which colony had relied on friendly Indians from the very start of the conflict?
(b) Rhode Island.
2. What son of Massasoit became Pokanokets' new leader?
3. In Chapter 15, where does Church move his wife and son?
4. Who was the only Englishman in Sakonnet?
(a) Benjamin Church.
(b) Francis Cook.
(c) John Leverett.
(d) Thomas Moseley.
5. What ominous event occurred the night of June 26, 1675.
(a) A meteor shower.
(b) An large piece of an asteroid fell on the ground.
(c) A midnight raid.
(d) Total eclipse of the moon.
6. Who succeeded Bradford as governor?
(a) Roger Williams.
(b) Thomas Prence.
(c) Edward Winslow.
(d) John Brown.
7. When the Sakonets wished to stay out of the conflict, where did Bradford ask them to go?
8. What English woman was taken captive in Lancaster?
(a) Sarah Winslow.
(b) Alice Church.
(c) Mary Rowlandson.
(d) Penelope Winslow.
9. Who was the sachem of Sakonnet?
(a) Sagamore Sam.
10. Why was Massasoit sick?
(a) Someone had tried to poison him.
(b) Food poisoning.
(c) Probably typhus.
(d) Probably measles.
11. What prophecy had Philip's pow-wows spoken about his death?
(a) He would die at the hands of a white general.
(b) He would not die at the hands of an Englishman.
(c) He would die at the hands of an Englishman.
(d) He would die at the hands of a white woman.
12. What type of a new American came into being after King Philip's War?
13. When was Bradford's "Of Plymouth Plantation" published?
14. Who became sachem after Alexander died?
15. Who were the most feared warriors in the Northeast?
(a) The Mohawks.
(b) The Narragansett.
(c) The Sakonnet.
(d) The Nipsachuck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What colony did Roger Williams found?
2. What percentage of the land in New England was suitable for farming?
3. Who had pledged his country's support to Philip in the fall?
4. Who was he leader of the Connecticut forces?
5. What area had become Plymouth colony's one oasis of safety?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)