|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was to be the governor of the new colony?
(a) John Carver.
(b) John Howland.
(c) Robert Cushman.
(d) William Bradford.
2. What was a third name for the spirit that Massasoit's people associated with death, night, and the bitter northeast wind?
3. Who was the most notable arrival on the ship that arrived in November of 1621 ?
(a) Alice Southworth.
(b) Robert Cushman.
(c) John Robinson.
4. What was the author researching when he decided to learn more about the Pilgrims?
(a) Plymouth Colony.
(b) Nantucket Island.
(c) Cape Cod.
5. What did the Pilgrims wish they could catch?
6. What explorer did Massasoit attack when the explorer arrived one summer after the Indians had been attacked?
(c) Thomas Dermer.
(d) John Smith.
7. In the 1600s, who tried to navigate the same treacherous waters that the Mayflower encountered?
(a) Samuel Champlain.
(b) La Salle.
8. Who was the Nauset sachem?
9. What happened to the Indians who used to live at Plymouth?
(a) Moved to better hunting grounds.
(b) Moved North.
(c) Died of plague.
(d) Killed in a war.
10. What sachem tried to have Squanto killed in Chapter 7?
11. What was different about the trees in New England from those in England?
(a) Brilliant fall colors.
(b) There were no maples in England.
(c) There were no birch trees in England.
(d) The trees were taller in England.
12. What did the Pilgrims do on November 12?
(a) Worshipped God.
(b) Washed clothes.
(c) Attempted to rebuilt the shallop.
(d) Chopped wood.
13. What group of investors did Thomas Weston represent?
(a) Merchant Adventurers.
(b) King's Adventurers.
(c) Virginia Company.
(d) Plymouth Company.
14. How long can Indian corn be stored without spoiling?
(a) A year, if kept dry.
(b) Ten years, if kept dry.
(c) Two or three years, if kept dry.
(d) Indefinitely, if kept dry.
15. What Indian, besides the Indian who first visited the Pilgrims, could also speak English?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jones decide they were near as the Mayflower headed toward shore?
2. How many men signed the agreement before the Mayflower landed?
3. Who was the Mayflower's governor?
4. What had killed many of the Indians in the area?
5. What two gifts did Winslow and Hopkins take to Massasoit in July of 1621?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)