|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of an Indian leader?
2. What did Standish and the other men find on a high shore side hill?
(b) Items from a French shipwreck.
(c) Indian pottery.
(d) Dried Indian corn.
3. What sachem tried to have Squanto killed in Chapter 7?
4. Who was the most notable arrival on the ship that arrived in November of 1621 ?
(a) John Robinson.
(c) Alice Southworth.
(d) Robert Cushman.
5. What ship did the Pilgrims purchase?
(d) White Angel.
6. Who wrote a book about the voyage of the Mayflower?
(a) John Robinson.
(b) Robert Cushman.
(c) William Brewster.
(d) William Bradford.
7. How many men did not sign the agreement before the Mayflower landed?
8. When did the Mayflower arrive at Provincetown Harbor?
(a) November 2.
(b) October 30.
(c) December 1.
(d) November 11.
9. For how many days had the Mayflower blundered through storms and headwinds before reaching the New World?
(a) 45 days.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 65 days.
(d) 4 months.
10. What formal and binding agreement was signed before the passengers went ashore?
(a) Pilgrim Compact.
(b) Mayflower Compact.
(c) Plymouth Charter.
(d) Freedom of Religion Compact.
11. Which explorer drew a map of the area in 1605?
(b) Thomas Dermer.
(d) John Smith.
12. Why did the Mayflower not return to England after a settlement site was found?
(a) The ship needed the repairs.
(b) The ship needed to stock more provisions for the return voyage.
(c) Many crew members were sick.
(d) The weather was bad.
13. What did the Pokanokets call their creator god?
14. What was the biggest problem with the arrival of another ship in November of 1621?
(c) Sleeping quarters.
15. The Pilgrims had their first Indian visitor in Chapter 6. How was he armed?
(a) With a bow and a knife.
(b) With a musket.
(c) With a bow and two arrows.
(d) With a knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanied an English explorer who sailed from Maine in a small open boat?
2. What member of the Mayflower crew decided to stay in Plymouth?
3. What two gifts did Winslow and Hopkins take to Massasoit in July of 1621?
4. What was Massasoit's first impulse to do with the English?
5. What was the name of an ominous Pokanokets spirit of darkness?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)