|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Massasoit's first impulse to do with the English?
(a) Make an alliance with them.
(b) Curse them.
(c) Trade with them.
(d) Kill them.
2. Who had the Pilgrims considered asking to be their military leader?
(a) John Smith.
(b) John Cabot.
(d) Jacques Cartier.
3. What Indian tribe did the Pilgrims befriend?
4. What did Edward Winslow do on May 12?
(a) Cared for the sick.
(b) Met with Massasoit.
(c) Went on a trip with Squanto.
(d) Got married.
5. Where did the Pilgrim's plan to build their houses?
(a) In the forest.
(b) Fort Hill.
(c) Cole's Hill.
(d) Near the salt marsh.
6. What was the first building built by the Pilgrims?
(a) A storehouse.
(b) A fort.
(c) A single family home.
(d) A common house.
7. When did the Pilgrims sail to the New World in search of religious freedom?
8. When did the Mayflower arrive at Provincetown Harbor?
(a) November 2.
(b) November 11.
(c) October 30.
(d) December 1.
9. How many people were on board the Mayflower?
10. How old was Bradford when he became uneasy with the way in which God was worshipped in Austerfield?
11. What was the author researching when he decided to learn more about the Pilgrims?
(a) Nantucket Island.
(c) Plymouth Colony.
(d) Cape Cod.
12. What is the title of an Indian leader?
13. How much was the cargo worth that the Pilgrims sent back on the Fortune?
(a) 300 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 2500 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
14. What did the Pilgrims wish they could catch?
15. What book tells about the voyage of the Mayflower?
(a) Plymouth Colony and the Mayflower.
(b) Of Plymouth Plantation.
(c) The Mayflower Saga.
(d) In the Hands of a Mighty God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the meaning of Squanto's and Hobbamock's names?
2. Who sent a scathing letter with the ship that arrived in November, 1621?
3. How close were the nearest English communities in America to the new colony at Plymouth?
4. What day did the Mayflower leave Provincetown Harbor?
5. What member of the Mayflower crew decided to stay in Plymouth?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)