|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day was a decision made as to where to build the permanent settlement?
(a) December 20.
(b) December 25.
(c) January 1.
(d) November 30.
2. When did the Mayflower arrive at Provincetown Harbor?
(a) October 30.
(b) November 2.
(c) December 1.
(d) November 11.
3. Who wrote a book about the voyage of the Mayflower?
(a) Robert Cushman.
(b) William Bradford.
(c) William Brewster.
(d) John Robinson.
4. Who sent a scathing letter with the ship that arrived in November, 1621?
5. What did Bradford learn at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) John Carver had died.
(b) His son had died.
(c) His wife had drowned.
(d) Miles Standish had died.
6. What was the name of the Pilgrims' first Indian visitor?
7. Where did the Pilgrim's plan to build their houses?
(a) Near the salt marsh.
(b) In the forest.
(c) Cole's Hill.
(d) Fort Hill.
8. Who controlled the part of Cape Cod where the Pilgrims stole the corn?
(a) The Narragansetts.
(b) The Nausets.
(c) The Pokanokets.
(d) The Massachusetts.
9. What ship did the Pilgrims purchase?
(b) White Angel.
10. What happened to Squanto at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) He was imprisoned.
(b) He caught typhus.
(c) He was captured by the Nauset.
(d) He died.
11. What book tells about the voyage of the Mayflower?
(a) In the Hands of a Mighty God.
(b) Of Plymouth Plantation.
(c) The Mayflower Saga.
(d) Plymouth Colony and the Mayflower.
12. What was Massasoit's first impulse to do with the English?
(a) Curse them.
(b) Make an alliance with them.
(c) Trade with them.
(d) Kill them.
13. Who is the carpenter turned Indian fighter that the author will focus on in the book?
(a) William Bradford.
(b) Edward Winslow.
(c) William Brewster.
(d) Benjamin Church
14. What had the Pilgrims brought on the Mayflower to plant in the spring?
(a) Wheat, barley, and peas.
(b) Corn, flax, and wheat.
(c) Wheat and soybeans.
(d) Soybeans and barley.
15. How old was Bradford when he became uneasy with the way in which God was worshipped in Austerfield?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the holes along the trail that Winslow and Hopkins traveled in July of 1621?
2. How much was the cargo worth that the Pilgrims sent back on the Fortune?
3. When did the Mayflower set sail for England?
4. Who was the Nauset sachem?
5. Where was the ship's helmsman stationed?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)