|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the holes along the trail that Winslow and Hopkins traveled in July of 1621?
(a) Mole holes.
(b) Memory holes.
(c) Shallow graves.
(d) Storage pits.
2. On what day was a decision made as to where to build the permanent settlement?
(a) December 20.
(b) January 1.
(c) December 25.
(d) November 30.
3. What people were not affected by the disease in the area?
4. Who was the Manomet sachem?
5. What was William Bradford's occupation?
(a) Corduroy worker.
(d) Lace maker.
6. What event, according to the author, do most Americans associate with the birth of the United States?
(a) Voyage of the Mayflower.
(b) The first Thanksgiving.
(c) The Revolutionary War.
(d) The Mayflower Compact.
7. Where did Jones decide they were near as the Mayflower headed toward shore?
(c) Hudson River
(d) Cape Cod.
8. In 1676, what ship left the shores of New England?
(a) Little James.
(b) The Seaflower.
9. What happened in Jamestown in the spring of 1621?
(a) A peace treaty.
(b) A typhus epidemic.
(c) A massacre.
(d) A number of children were born.
10. By spring 1621, how many of those who had originally arrive at Provincetown had died?
11. On the voyage, how many women were pregnant?
12. What ship did the Pilgrims purchase?
(b) White Angel.
13. What treacherous area of water did the Mayflower encounter after 1 p.m. as they approached the New World?
(a) A whirlpool.
(b) Pollack Rip.
(c) Cape Cod shoals.
(d) Back side breakers.
14. When was the "First Thanksgiving" most likely held?
(b) Late September or early October.
15. What did the Pilgrims do on November 12?
(a) Chopped wood.
(b) Worshipped God.
(c) Attempted to rebuilt the shallop.
(d) Washed clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the author to write about the Pilgrims?
2. What area did Jones likely follow as the Mayflower headed south?
3. What was Massasoit's brother's name?
4. What day did the Mayflower leave Provincetown Harbor?
5. What weapon did Squanto tell Massasoit that the Pilgrims could unleash?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)