|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Mayflower arrive at Provincetown Harbor?
(a) November 11.
(b) October 30.
(c) November 2.
(d) December 1.
2. What was the biggest problem with the arrival of another ship in November of 1621?
(d) Sleeping quarters.
3. Who was the leader of the tribe that the Pilgrims befriended?
4. Who wrote a book about the voyage of the Mayflower?
(a) John Robinson.
(b) Robert Cushman.
(c) William Brewster.
(d) William Bradford.
5. What day did the Mayflower leave Provincetown Harbor?
(a) December 25.
(b) December 15.
(c) November 30.
(d) December 1.
6. Who had the Pilgrims considered asking to be their military leader?
(a) John Smith.
(b) John Cabot.
(d) Jacques Cartier.
7. What sachem tried to have Squanto killed in Chapter 7?
8. For how many days had the Mayflower blundered through storms and headwinds before reaching the New World?
(a) 45 days.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 65 days.
(d) 2 months.
9. Who sent a scathing letter with the ship that arrived in November, 1621?
10. What was the first building built by the Pilgrims?
(a) A common house.
(b) A single family home.
(c) A storehouse.
(d) A fort.
11. What book tells about the voyage of the Mayflower?
(a) Plymouth Colony and the Mayflower.
(b) Of Plymouth Plantation.
(c) In the Hands of a Mighty God.
(d) The Mayflower Saga.
12. What happened after more than fifty years of peace between the Pilgrims and the Native Americans?
(a) Forts were built for protection.
(b) A trading post was established.
(c) A permanent peace agreement.
(d) Deadly war.
13. Which explorer drew a map of the area in 1605?
(b) Thomas Dermer.
(c) John Smith.
14. What Indian tribe did the Pilgrims befriend?
15. Where was the ship's helmsman stationed?
(a) In steerage.
(b) On the poop deck.
(c) On the main deck.
(d) In the pilot's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What English explorer sailed from Maine in a small open boat?
2. What was William Bradford's occupation?
3. Who was the Mayflower's governor?
4. How long can Indian corn be stored without spoiling?
5. How much was the cargo worth that the Pilgrims sent back on the Fortune?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)