|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many days had the Mayflower blundered through storms and headwinds before reaching the New World?
(a) 45 days.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 65 days.
(d) 4 months.
2. What member of the Mayflower crew decided to stay in Plymouth?
(a) Robert Coppin.
(b) John Alden.
(c) Christopher Jones.
(d) John Clark.
3. Who controlled the part of Cape Cod where the Pilgrims stole the corn?
(a) The Nausets.
(b) The Narragansetts.
(c) The Pokanokets.
(d) The Massachusetts.
4. What governing document was drawn up before the Pilgrims went ashore?
(a) Plymouth Colony agreement.
(b) Magna Carta.
(c) Charter of Plymouth Colony.
(d) Mayflower Compact.
5. What event, according to the author, do most Americans associate with the birth of the United States?
(a) The first Thanksgiving.
(b) The Mayflower Compact.
(c) The Revolutionary War.
(d) Voyage of the Mayflower.
6. Why did the Pilgrims decide not to settle at Cold Harbor?
(a) It was too cold.
(b) There was not enough shelter.
(c) There was no source of fresh water.
(d) The harbor was too shallow.
7. What did Standish and the other men find on a high shore side hill?
(a) Indian pottery.
(b) Items from a French shipwreck.
(d) Dried Indian corn.
8. What is the name of the war that occurred in 1675?
(a) Wapanoags' War.
(b) War of the English.
(c) King Philip's War.
(d) French and Indian War.
9. Who wrote a book about the voyage of the Mayflower?
(a) William Brewster.
(b) John Robinson.
(c) Robert Cushman.
(d) William Bradford.
10. What was the name of the Pilgrims' first Indian visitor?
11. What was the author researching when he decided to learn more about the Pilgrims?
(a) Plymouth Colony.
(b) Cape Cod.
(d) Nantucket Island.
12. What people were not affected by the disease in the area?
13. Where did Bradford go to worship when he became uneasy with the way God was worshipped in Austerfield?
14. What happened to Squanto at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) He was captured by the Nauset.
(b) He caught typhus.
(c) He died.
(d) He was imprisoned.
15. What was Massasoit's first impulse to do with the English?
(a) Curse them.
(b) Trade with them.
(c) Make an alliance with them.
(d) Kill them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the cargo worth that the Pilgrims sent back on the Fortune?
2. What book tells about the voyage of the Mayflower?
3. Who did William Bradford marry?
4. What Indian, besides the Indian who first visited the Pilgrims, could also speak English?
5. What did the Pilgrims wish they could catch?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)