|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explorer did Massasoit attack when the explorer arrived one summer after the Indians had been attacked?
(b) Thomas Dermer.
(c) John Smith.
2. What did Standish and the other men find on a high shore side hill?
(a) Indian pottery.
(b) Dried Indian corn.
(d) Items from a French shipwreck.
3. Who accompanied an English explorer who sailed from Maine in a small open boat?
(a) An Indian named Hobbamock.
(b) An Indian named Tisquantum.
(c) An Indian named Massassoit.
(d) An Indian named Epenow.
4. What event, according to the author, do most Americans associate with the birth of the United States?
(a) Voyage of the Mayflower.
(b) The Revolutionary War.
(c) The Mayflower Compact.
(d) The first Thanksgiving.
5. On the voyage, how many women were pregnant?
6. With the arrival of a ship in November of 1621, how many men and women were in Plymouth Colony?
(a) 55 men and 21 women.
(b) 30 men and 21 women.
(c) 66 men and 16 women.
(d) 75 men and 45 women.
7. When did the Pilgrims sail to the New World in search of religious freedom?
8. What was Massasoit's brother's name?
9. The Pilgrims had their first Indian visitor in Chapter 6. How was he armed?
(a) With a bow and two arrows.
(b) With a knife.
(c) With a bow and a knife.
(d) With a musket.
10. What English explorer sailed from Maine in a small open boat?
(a) Thomas Dermer.
(b) Henry Hudson.
(c) Sir Frances Drake.
(d) John Cabot.
11. What was different about the trees in New England from those in England?
(a) There were no maples in England.
(b) There were no birch trees in England.
(c) The trees were taller in England.
(d) Brilliant fall colors.
12. What happened to Squanto at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) He caught typhus.
(b) He was imprisoned.
(c) He was captured by the Nauset.
(d) He died.
13. Where did Jones decide they were near as the Mayflower headed toward shore?
(a) Cape Cod.
(c) Hudson River
14. How many men signed the agreement before the Mayflower landed?
15. At the end of Chapter 7, who was launching a plan to become the most powerful Indian leader in New England?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which explorer drew a map of the area in 1605?
2. Who allowed war to happen?
3. Who wrote a book about the voyage of the Mayflower?
4. What were the holes along the trail that Winslow and Hopkins traveled in July of 1621?
5. What was the meaning of Squanto's and Hobbamock's names?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)