|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which explorer drew a map of the area in 1605?
(c) Thomas Dermer.
(d) John Smith.
2. How old was Bradford when he became uneasy with the way in which God was worshipped in Austerfield?
3. How old was the most powerful Native leader in the region?
4. Who did William Bradford marry?
(a) Elizabeth Brewster.
(b) Susanna White.
(c) Delphina Smythe.
(d) Dorothy May.
5. Who controlled the part of Cape Cod where the Pilgrims stole the corn?
(a) The Nausets.
(b) The Massachusetts.
(c) The Narragansetts.
(d) The Pokanokets.
6. What did Francis Billington claim to see when he climbed a tree on Fort Hill?
(a) An Indian raiding party.
(b) A large river.
(c) A great sea.
(d) Apple trees.
7. What ship appeared at Provincetown Harbor in November of 1621?
8. What happened to the Indians who used to live at Plymouth?
(a) Died of plague.
(b) Moved to better hunting grounds.
(c) Moved North.
(d) Killed in a war.
9. What two gifts did Winslow and Hopkins take to Massasoit in July of 1621?
(a) Cooking pots and cloth.
(b) A copper chain and a horseman's coat.
(c) A hat and trousers.
(d) Beads and mirrors.
10. In the 1600s, who tried to navigate the same treacherous waters that the Mayflower encountered?
(c) Samuel Champlain.
(d) La Salle.
11. Who was the Manomet sachem?
12. What was the meaning of Squanto's and Hobbamock's names?
13. Who told the Pilgrims that Squanto was plotting against them?
14. What Italian explorer had come to Narragansett Bay as early as 1524?
15. What group of investors did Thomas Weston represent?
(a) Plymouth Company.
(b) Merchant Adventurers.
(c) Virginia Company.
(d) King's Adventurers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Pokanokets call their creator god?
2. Where did Bradford go to worship when he became uneasy with the way God was worshipped in Austerfield?
3. What ship did the Pilgrims purchase?
4. What weapon did Squanto tell Massasoit that the Pilgrims could unleash?
5. How long can Indian corn be stored without spoiling?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)