|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the most powerful Native leader in the region?
2. What was the meaning of Squanto's and Hobbamock's names?
3. What treacherous area of water did the Mayflower encounter after 1 p.m. as they approached the New World?
(a) Back side breakers.
(b) A whirlpool.
(c) Pollack Rip.
(d) Cape Cod shoals.
4. Who told the Pilgrims that Squanto was plotting against them?
5. Who was the leader of the tribe that the Pilgrims befriended?
6. How close were the nearest English communities in America to the new colony at Plymouth?
(a) About 1,000 miles.
(b) More than 500 miles.
(c) About 100 miles.
(d) Over 3,000 miles.
7. When was the "First Thanksgiving" most likely held?
(d) Late September or early October.
8. Who led the author to write about the Pilgrims?
(c) William Bradford.
(d) Benjamin Church.
9. How many men signed the agreement before the Mayflower landed?
10. What day did the Mayflower leave Provincetown Harbor?
(a) December 15.
(b) December 1.
(c) December 25.
(d) November 30.
11. What was constructed on the high hill?
(a) A common house.
(b) A storehouse.
(c) A platform to mount cannons.
(d) Several houses.
12. What were the holes along the trail that Winslow and Hopkins traveled in July of 1621?
(a) Memory holes.
(b) Storage pits.
(c) Shallow graves.
(d) Mole holes.
13. How old was Bradford when he became uneasy with the way in which God was worshipped in Austerfield?
14. In 1676, what ship left the shores of New England?
(b) The Seaflower.
(c) Little James.
15. What group of investors did Thomas Weston represent?
(a) Plymouth Company.
(b) Merchant Adventurers.
(c) King's Adventurers.
(d) Virginia Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Squanto at the end of Chapter 8?
2. Which explorer drew a map of the area in 1605?
3. What was William Bradford's occupation?
4. What explorer did Massasoit attack when the explorer arrived one summer after the Indians had been attacked?
5. What was the biggest problem with the arrival of another ship in November of 1621?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)