Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was the cargo worth that the Pilgrims sent back on the Fortune?
(a) 2500 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 300 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
2. What did Edward Winslow do on May 12?
(a) Got married.
(b) Cared for the sick.
(c) Went on a trip with Squanto.
(d) Met with Massasoit.
3. What two gifts did Winslow and Hopkins take to Massasoit in July of 1621?
(a) A hat and trousers.
(b) Cooking pots and cloth.
(c) A copper chain and a horseman's coat.
(d) Beads and mirrors.
4. When did the Mayflower arrive at Provincetown Harbor?
(a) November 11.
(b) October 30.
(c) November 2.
(d) December 1.
5. On the voyage, how many women were pregnant?
6. Who was the Nauset sachem?
7. What were the holes along the trail that Winslow and Hopkins traveled in July of 1621?
(a) Shallow graves.
(b) Storage pits.
(c) Mole holes.
(d) Memory holes.
8. What formal and binding agreement was signed before the passengers went ashore?
(a) Freedom of Religion Compact.
(b) Plymouth Charter.
(c) Mayflower Compact.
(d) Pilgrim Compact.
9. Who did William Bradford marry?
(a) Dorothy May.
(b) Susanna White.
(c) Delphina Smythe.
(d) Elizabeth Brewster.
10. In the 1600s, who tried to navigate the same treacherous waters that the Mayflower encountered?
(a) Samuel Champlain.
(b) La Salle.
11. What happened after more than fifty years of peace between the Pilgrims and the Native Americans?
(a) Deadly war.
(b) A permanent peace agreement.
(c) Forts were built for protection.
(d) A trading post was established.
12. What was the biggest problem with the arrival of another ship in November of 1621?
(b) Sleeping quarters.
13. Who was the most powerful Native leader in the region?
14. What area did Jones likely follow as the Mayflower headed south?
(a) The shoals.
(b) The Edge.
(c) The breakers.
(d) The continental shelf.
15. Who controlled the part of Cape Cod where the Pilgrims stole the corn?
(a) The Massachusetts.
(b) The Pokanokets.
(c) The Nausets.
(d) The Narragansetts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Massasoit's brother's name?
2. What is the name of the war that occurred in 1675?
3. What is the title of an Indian leader?
4. When was the "First Thanksgiving" most likely held?
5. The Pilgrims had their first Indian visitor in Chapter 6. How was he armed?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)