|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Indian tribe did the Pilgrims befriend?
2. What happened to the Indians who used to live at Plymouth?
(a) Died of plague.
(b) Killed in a war.
(c) Moved North.
(d) Moved to better hunting grounds.
3. With the arrival of a ship in November of 1621, how many men and women were in Plymouth Colony?
(a) 66 men and 16 women.
(b) 30 men and 21 women.
(c) 55 men and 21 women.
(d) 75 men and 45 women.
4. What were the holes along the trail that Winslow and Hopkins traveled in July of 1621?
(a) Memory holes.
(b) Shallow graves.
(c) Storage pits.
(d) Mole holes.
5. What was a third name for the spirit that Massasoit's people associated with death, night, and the bitter northeast wind?
6. What did Susanna and William White name their son?
7. How close were the nearest English communities in America to the new colony at Plymouth?
(a) More than 500 miles.
(b) About 100 miles.
(c) About 1,000 miles.
(d) Over 3,000 miles.
8. Who was the Mayflower's governor?
(a) John Robinson.
(b) William Bradford.
(c) John Carver.
(d) Christopher Martin.
9. Who told the Pilgrims that Squanto was plotting against them?
10. The Pilgrims had their first Indian visitor in Chapter 6. How was he armed?
(a) With a bow and two arrows.
(b) With a bow and a knife.
(c) With a knife.
(d) With a musket.
11. What was Massasoit's brother's name?
12. Why did the Mayflower not return to England after a settlement site was found?
(a) The ship needed the repairs.
(b) The weather was bad.
(c) The ship needed to stock more provisions for the return voyage.
(d) Many crew members were sick.
13. In 1676, what ship left the shores of New England?
(a) The Seaflower.
(b) Little James.
14. Why did Bradford not execute Squanto for his role in the plot to overthrow Massasoit?
(a) He did not think he was guilty.
(b) He felt sorry for Squanto.
(c) He felt sorry for Squanto's children.
(d) He wanted to keep his interpreter.
15. How much was the cargo worth that the Pilgrims sent back on the Fortune?
(a) 2500 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 300 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of investors did Thomas Weston represent?
2. With whom did the Pilgrim's first Indian visitor spend the night?
3. What is the title of an Indian leader?
4. What had the Pilgrims brought on the Mayflower to plant in the spring?
5. How many sachems came on September 13 to sign a treaty professing their loyalty to King James?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)