|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ship did the Pilgrims purchase?
(a) White Angel.
2. How old was the most powerful Native leader in the region?
3. How much was the cargo worth that the Pilgrims sent back on the Fortune?
(a) 300 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 2500 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
4. What English explorer sailed from Maine in a small open boat?
(a) Sir Frances Drake.
(b) John Cabot.
(c) Thomas Dermer.
(d) Henry Hudson.
5. What formal and binding agreement was signed before the passengers went ashore?
(a) Mayflower Compact.
(b) Freedom of Religion Compact.
(c) Pilgrim Compact.
(d) Plymouth Charter.
6. What Italian explorer had come to Narragansett Bay as early as 1524?
7. What Indian, besides the Indian who first visited the Pilgrims, could also speak English?
8. Where did Bradford go to worship when he became uneasy with the way God was worshipped in Austerfield?
9. When did the Pilgrims sail to the New World in search of religious freedom?
10. Who was the most notable arrival on the ship that arrived in November of 1621 ?
(a) Robert Cushman.
(b) Alice Southworth.
(c) John Robinson.
11. What were the holes along the trail that Winslow and Hopkins traveled in July of 1621?
(a) Shallow graves.
(b) Storage pits.
(c) Mole holes.
(d) Memory holes.
12. Who was to be the governor of the new colony?
(a) John Howland.
(b) John Carver.
(c) Robert Cushman.
(d) William Bradford.
13. What member of the Mayflower crew decided to stay in Plymouth?
(a) John Clark.
(b) Christopher Jones.
(c) John Alden.
(d) Robert Coppin.
14. Who sent a scathing letter with the ship that arrived in November, 1621?
15. Who had the Pilgrims considered asking to be their military leader?
(a) Jacques Cartier.
(c) John Cabot.
(d) John Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the arrival of a ship in November of 1621, how many men and women were in Plymouth Colony?
2. What was the author researching when he decided to learn more about the Pilgrims?
3. In 1676, what ship left the shores of New England?
4. What is the title of an Indian leader?
5. What people were not affected by the disease in the area?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)