|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had the Pilgrims considered asking to be their military leader?
(b) John Cabot.
(c) Jacques Cartier.
(d) John Smith.
2. What group of investors did Thomas Weston represent?
(a) Virginia Company.
(b) Merchant Adventurers.
(c) King's Adventurers.
(d) Plymouth Company.
3. On what day was a decision made as to where to build the permanent settlement?
(a) December 20.
(b) January 1.
(c) December 25.
(d) November 30.
4. What weapon did Squanto tell Massasoit that the Pilgrims could unleash?
5. Who allowed war to happen?
(a) Bradford and Church.
(b) Philip and Josiah Winslow.
(c) Massassoit and Bradford.
(d) Church and Andrew.
6. Why did the Pilgrims decide not to settle at Cold Harbor?
(a) It was too cold.
(b) There was no source of fresh water.
(c) There was not enough shelter.
(d) The harbor was too shallow.
7. When did the Pilgrims sail to the New World in search of religious freedom?
8. How old was the most powerful Native leader in the region?
9. What sachem tried to have Squanto killed in Chapter 7?
10. Who told the Pilgrims that Squanto was plotting against them?
11. Where did Bradford go to worship when he became uneasy with the way God was worshipped in Austerfield?
12. What was different about the trees in New England from those in England?
(a) The trees were taller in England.
(b) Brilliant fall colors.
(c) There were no maples in England.
(d) There were no birch trees in England.
13. What happened to the Indians who used to live at Plymouth?
(a) Moved North.
(b) Died of plague.
(c) Killed in a war.
(d) Moved to better hunting grounds.
14. What happened in Jamestown in the spring of 1621?
(a) A number of children were born.
(b) A peace treaty.
(c) A massacre.
(d) A typhus epidemic.
15. Where did the most powerful Native leader in the region live?
(a) About 20 miles southwest of Cape Cod.
(b) About 60 miles southwest of Provincetown Harbor.
(c) About 30 miles away.
(d) On an island near the Pilgrims.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long can Indian corn be stored without spoiling?
2. Where did the Pilgrim's plan to build their houses?
3. When did the Mayflower set sail for England?
4. What governing document was drawn up before the Pilgrims went ashore?
5. When was the "First Thanksgiving" most likely held?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)