|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the ship's helmsman stationed?
(a) In steerage.
(b) On the poop deck.
(c) In the pilot's room.
(d) On the main deck.
2. By spring 1621, how many of those who had originally arrive at Provincetown had died?
3. Who was the most powerful Native leader in the region?
4. What was the name of an ominous Pokanokets spirit of darkness?
5. What treacherous area of water did the Mayflower encounter after 1 p.m. as they approached the New World?
(a) Cape Cod shoals.
(b) A whirlpool.
(c) Back side breakers.
(d) Pollack Rip.
6. Who told the Pilgrims that Squanto was plotting against them?
7. With whom did the Pilgrim's first Indian visitor spend the night?
(a) William Bradford.
(b) Stephen Hopkins and his family.
(c) Governor Carver and his family.
(d) John Howland.
8. Who sent a scathing letter with the ship that arrived in November, 1621?
9. What was the first building built by the Pilgrims?
(a) A storehouse.
(b) A fort.
(c) A single family home.
(d) A common house.
10. What weapon did Squanto tell Massasoit that the Pilgrims could unleash?
11. What did Standish and the other men find on a high shore side hill?
(b) Items from a French shipwreck.
(c) Dried Indian corn.
(d) Indian pottery.
12. What event, according to the author, do most Americans associate with the birth of the United States?
(a) The first Thanksgiving.
(b) The Revolutionary War.
(c) The Mayflower Compact.
(d) Voyage of the Mayflower.
13. When was the "First Thanksgiving" most likely held?
(c) Late September or early October.
14. Who allowed war to happen?
(a) Massassoit and Bradford.
(b) Philip and Josiah Winslow.
(c) Church and Andrew.
(d) Bradford and Church.
15. What did Susanna and William White name their son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did William Bradford marry?
2. What book tells about the voyage of the Mayflower?
3. Where did the Pilgrim's plan to build their houses?
4. What was constructed on the high hill?
5. What Indian tribe did the Pilgrims befriend?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)