|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What English explorer sailed from Maine in a small open boat?
(a) Henry Hudson.
(b) John Cabot.
(c) Thomas Dermer.
(d) Sir Frances Drake.
2. What happened after more than fifty years of peace between the Pilgrims and the Native Americans?
(a) Forts were built for protection.
(b) Deadly war.
(c) A trading post was established.
(d) A permanent peace agreement.
3. When did the Pilgrims sail to the New World in search of religious freedom?
4. What day did the Mayflower leave Provincetown Harbor?
(a) December 25.
(b) November 30.
(c) December 1.
(d) December 15.
5. What ship appeared at Provincetown Harbor in November of 1621?
6. What Indian tribe did the Pilgrims befriend?
7. What is the title of an Indian leader?
8. What was the biggest problem with the arrival of another ship in November of 1621?
(a) Sleeping quarters.
9. What had killed many of the Indians in the area?
(a) Chicken pox.
(c) Bubonic plague.
10. Where did the Pilgrims live most of their time in Holland?
11. What did Susanna and William White name their son?
12. At the end of Chapter 7, who was launching a plan to become the most powerful Indian leader in New England?
13. What formal and binding agreement was signed before the passengers went ashore?
(a) Pilgrim Compact.
(b) Plymouth Charter.
(c) Mayflower Compact.
(d) Freedom of Religion Compact.
14. What book tells about the voyage of the Mayflower?
(a) The Mayflower Saga.
(b) Plymouth Colony and the Mayflower.
(c) Of Plymouth Plantation.
(d) In the Hands of a Mighty God.
15. What is the name of the war that occurred in 1675?
(a) Wapanoags' War.
(b) War of the English.
(c) French and Indian War.
(d) King Philip's War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tradition began with the women of the Mayflower?
2. How old was the most powerful Native leader in the region?
3. What ship did the Pilgrims purchase?
4. What member of the Mayflower crew decided to stay in Plymouth?
5. Who told the Pilgrims that Squanto was plotting against them?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)