|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon did Squanto tell Massasoit that the Pilgrims could unleash?
2. How many people were on board the Mayflower?
3. How many men did not sign the agreement before the Mayflower landed?
4. What did the Pilgrims do on November 12?
(a) Washed clothes.
(b) Chopped wood.
(c) Worshipped God.
(d) Attempted to rebuilt the shallop.
5. What Indian, besides the Indian who first visited the Pilgrims, could also speak English?
6. What did Susanna and William White name their son?
7. Whose son came to Plymouth on the ship that arrived late in 1621?
(a) The Winslow's son.
(b) The Brewsters' son.
(c) The Bradfords' son.
(d) Standish's son.
8. Where did the Pilgrim's plan to build their houses?
(a) Near the salt marsh.
(b) In the forest.
(c) Fort Hill.
(d) Cole's Hill.
9. Who had the Pilgrims considered asking to be their military leader?
(b) John Smith.
(c) John Cabot.
(d) Jacques Cartier.
10. What had killed many of the Indians in the area?
(a) Chicken pox.
(b) Bubonic plague.
11. What had the Pilgrims brought on the Mayflower to plant in the spring?
(a) Corn, flax, and wheat.
(b) Wheat and soybeans.
(c) Wheat, barley, and peas.
(d) Soybeans and barley.
12. Who sent a scathing letter with the ship that arrived in November, 1621?
13. Where did Bradford go to worship when he became uneasy with the way God was worshipped in Austerfield?
14. The Pilgrims had their first Indian visitor in Chapter 6. How was he armed?
(a) With a bow and two arrows.
(b) With a bow and a knife.
(c) With a musket.
(d) With a knife.
15. Why did the Mayflower not return to England after a settlement site was found?
(a) The ship needed the repairs.
(b) The weather was bad.
(c) The ship needed to stock more provisions for the return voyage.
(d) Many crew members were sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which explorer drew a map of the area in 1605?
2. What was the first building built by the Pilgrims?
3. What was William Bradford's occupation?
4. With the arrival of a ship in November of 1621, how many men and women were in Plymouth Colony?
5. What was constructed on the high hill?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)