|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Manomet sachem?
2. What people were not affected by the disease in the area?
3. What evidence that the Indians had lived at Plymouth remained?
(a) Bits of jewelry.
(b) Skulls and bones.
(c) Old fire pits.
(d) Cooking pots.
4. What was the name of Massasoit's village?
5. Where did the Pilgrim's plan to build their houses?
(a) Near the salt marsh.
(b) Fort Hill.
(c) Cole's Hill.
(d) In the forest.
6. At the end of Chapter 7, who was launching a plan to become the most powerful Indian leader in New England?
7. What happened to the Indians who used to live at Plymouth?
(a) Moved to better hunting grounds.
(b) Died of plague.
(c) Killed in a war.
(d) Moved North.
8. In 1676, what ship left the shores of New England?
(a) The Seaflower.
(c) Little James.
9. How much was the cargo worth that the Pilgrims sent back on the Fortune?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 2500 pounds.
(d) 300 pounds.
10. What were the holes along the trail that Winslow and Hopkins traveled in July of 1621?
(a) Storage pits.
(b) Memory holes.
(c) Shallow graves.
(d) Mole holes.
11. Who was the most powerful Native leader in the region?
12. What formal and binding agreement was signed before the passengers went ashore?
(a) Plymouth Charter.
(b) Pilgrim Compact.
(c) Freedom of Religion Compact.
(d) Mayflower Compact.
13. Why did Bradford not execute Squanto for his role in the plot to overthrow Massasoit?
(a) He wanted to keep his interpreter.
(b) He felt sorry for Squanto.
(c) He felt sorry for Squanto's children.
(d) He did not think he was guilty.
14. How old was the most powerful Native leader in the region?
15. For how many days had the Mayflower blundered through storms and headwinds before reaching the New World?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 65 days.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 45 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1600s, who tried to navigate the same treacherous waters that the Mayflower encountered?
2. Who is the carpenter turned Indian fighter that the author will focus on in the book?
3. The Pilgrims had their first Indian visitor in Chapter 6. How was he armed?
4. Who wrote a book about the voyage of the Mayflower?
5. What happened to Squanto at the end of Chapter 8?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)