|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Pilgrims do on November 12?
(a) Chopped wood.
(b) Worshipped God.
(c) Attempted to rebuilt the shallop.
(d) Washed clothes.
2. What was Massasoit's brother's name?
3. What happened to the Indians who used to live at Plymouth?
(a) Moved to better hunting grounds.
(b) Died of plague.
(c) Moved North.
(d) Killed in a war.
4. How many people died each day in February and March, 1621?
(a) One or two.
(c) Two or three.
(d) Four or five.
5. Which explorer drew a map of the area in 1605?
(b) Thomas Dermer.
(c) John Smith.
6. What had killed many of the Indians in the area?
(c) Bubonic plague.
(d) Chicken pox.
7. What was Cape Cod known for?
(a) Large schools of cod fish.
(b) Settlements of Indians.
(c) Dangerous waters.
(d) Wooded lands.
8. What member of the Mayflower crew decided to stay in Plymouth?
(a) John Alden.
(b) John Clark.
(c) Robert Coppin.
(d) Christopher Jones.
9. What happened after more than fifty years of peace between the Pilgrims and the Native Americans?
(a) Deadly war.
(b) A trading post was established.
(c) Forts were built for protection.
(d) A permanent peace agreement.
10. When did the Pilgrims sail to the New World in search of religious freedom?
11. Who was the leader of the tribe that the Pilgrims befriended?
12. How many men did not sign the agreement before the Mayflower landed?
13. How many people were on board the Mayflower?
14. What sachem tried to have Squanto killed in Chapter 7?
15. On what day was a decision made as to where to build the permanent settlement?
(a) November 30.
(b) January 1.
(c) December 25.
(d) December 20.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 7, who was launching a plan to become the most powerful Indian leader in New England?
2. Who was to be the governor of the new colony?
3. What did Bradford learn at the end of Chapter 4?
4. What Italian explorer had come to Narragansett Bay as early as 1524?
5. What did the Pokanokets call their creator god?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)