|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Standish and the other men find on a high shore side hill?
(a) Dried Indian corn.
(b) Indian pottery.
(d) Items from a French shipwreck.
2. What sachem tried to have Squanto killed in Chapter 7?
3. Who accompanied an English explorer who sailed from Maine in a small open boat?
(a) An Indian named Epenow.
(b) An Indian named Hobbamock.
(c) An Indian named Tisquantum.
(d) An Indian named Massassoit.
4. Who wrote a book about the voyage of the Mayflower?
(a) William Bradford.
(b) Robert Cushman.
(c) William Brewster.
(d) John Robinson.
5. What was the author researching when he decided to learn more about the Pilgrims?
(a) Nantucket Island.
(b) Cape Cod.
(d) Plymouth Colony.
6. What was the biggest problem with the arrival of another ship in November of 1621?
(d) Sleeping quarters.
7. What tradition began with the women of the Mayflower?
(a) Monday wash day.
(b) Morning reading lessons for the children.
(c) Wednesday bathing day.
(d) Tuesday baking day.
8. What happened in Jamestown in the spring of 1621?
(a) A peace treaty.
(b) A typhus epidemic.
(c) A massacre.
(d) A number of children were born.
9. What Italian explorer had come to Narragansett Bay as early as 1524?
10. Where did the Pilgrim's plan to build their houses?
(a) Fort Hill.
(b) In the forest.
(c) Near the salt marsh.
(d) Cole's Hill.
11. What formal and binding agreement was signed before the passengers went ashore?
(a) Plymouth Charter.
(b) Pilgrim Compact.
(c) Mayflower Compact.
(d) Freedom of Religion Compact.
12. How many sachems came on September 13 to sign a treaty professing their loyalty to King James?
13. What ship did the Pilgrims purchase?
(c) White Angel.
14. What ship appeared at Provincetown Harbor in November of 1621?
15. What book tells about the voyage of the Mayflower?
(a) Of Plymouth Plantation.
(b) In the Hands of a Mighty God.
(c) The Mayflower Saga.
(d) Plymouth Colony and the Mayflower.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many days had the Mayflower blundered through storms and headwinds before reaching the New World?
2. Who was the Mayflower's governor?
3. What did Edward Winslow do on May 12?
4. What day did the Pilgrims erect the frame of the first house?
5. What did the Pokanokets call their creator god?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)