|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Massasoit's brother's name?
2. What two gifts did Winslow and Hopkins take to Massasoit in July of 1621?
(a) A copper chain and a horseman's coat.
(b) A hat and trousers.
(c) Cooking pots and cloth.
(d) Beads and mirrors.
3. With the arrival of a ship in November of 1621, how many men and women were in Plymouth Colony?
(a) 66 men and 16 women.
(b) 75 men and 45 women.
(c) 30 men and 21 women.
(d) 55 men and 21 women.
4. What happened after more than fifty years of peace between the Pilgrims and the Native Americans?
(a) Deadly war.
(b) A trading post was established.
(c) A permanent peace agreement.
(d) Forts were built for protection.
5. Who was the leader of the tribe that the Pilgrims befriended?
6. How many sachems came on September 13 to sign a treaty professing their loyalty to King James?
7. What was the biggest problem with the arrival of another ship in November of 1621?
(a) Sleeping quarters.
8. What had killed many of the Indians in the area?
(b) Chicken pox.
(c) Bubonic plague.
9. How many men did not sign the agreement before the Mayflower landed?
10. How close were the nearest English communities in America to the new colony at Plymouth?
(a) Over 3,000 miles.
(b) More than 500 miles.
(c) About 100 miles.
(d) About 1,000 miles.
11. What tradition began with the women of the Mayflower?
(a) Monday wash day.
(b) Tuesday baking day.
(c) Wednesday bathing day.
(d) Morning reading lessons for the children.
12. How old was Bradford when he became uneasy with the way in which God was worshipped in Austerfield?
13. When did the Mayflower arrive at Provincetown Harbor?
(a) October 30.
(b) December 1.
(c) November 11.
(d) November 2.
14. Who led the author to write about the Pilgrims?
(a) Benjamin Church.
(b) William Bradford.
15. What was the name of an ominous Pokanokets spirit of darkness?
Short Answer Questions
1. What ship did the Pilgrims purchase?
2. Who did William Bradford marry?
3. What group of investors did Thomas Weston represent?
4. Where was the ship's helmsman stationed?
5. On what day was a decision made as to where to build the permanent settlement?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)