|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 16, The Better Side of the Hedge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long can Indian corn be stored without spoiling?
(a) Ten years, if kept dry.
(b) Indefinitely, if kept dry.
(c) A year, if kept dry.
(d) Two or three years, if kept dry.
2. What were the holes along the trail that Winslow and Hopkins traveled in July of 1621?
(a) Mole holes.
(b) Storage pits.
(c) Shallow graves.
(d) Memory holes.
3. Who had pledged his country's support to Philip in the fall?
(a) A Canadian.
(b) A Scotsman.
(c) A German.
(d) A Frenchman.
4. What was the author researching when he decided to learn more about the Pilgrims?
(a) Cape Cod.
(c) Nantucket Island.
(d) Plymouth Colony.
5. Who was he leader of the Connecticut forces?
(a) Samuel Moseley.
(b) Major John Talcott.
(c) Josiah Winslow.
(d) Captain Thomas Lathrop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did William Bradford marry?
2. Who wrote a book about the voyage of the Mayflower?
3. What happened to Squanto at the end of Chapter 8?
4. What sachem tried to have Squanto killed in Chapter 7?
5. Who succeeded Bradford as governor?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)