|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 16, The Better Side of the Hedge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Italian explorer had come to Narragansett Bay as early as 1524?
2. What member of the Mayflower crew decided to stay in Plymouth?
(a) John Clark.
(b) John Alden.
(c) Robert Coppin.
(d) Christopher Jones.
3. In Chapter 15, where does Church move his wife and son?
4. What did Winslow designate Thursday, June 24, 1675?
(a) A day of celebration.
(b) A day of fasting and humiliation.
(c) A day of prayer.
(d) A day of feasting.
5. What group did Massasoit lead in his later years?
Short Answer Questions
1. What isolated town was attached by the Nipmucks on August 2, 1675?
2. Why did the Great Migration come to an end in the early 1640s?
3. Who believed that the only good Indian was a dead Indian?
4. What was a third name for the spirit that Massasoit's people associated with death, night, and the bitter northeast wind?
5. What diseases afflicted the Pokanokets in 1634?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)