|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 14, The God of Armies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many tons of lumber were required to build a home in the 1650s?
(a) 12 tons.
(b) 6 tons.
(c) 14 tons.
(d) 1 ton.
2. What did Francis Billington claim to see when he climbed a tree on Fort Hill?
(a) Apple trees.
(b) A great sea.
(c) An Indian raiding party.
(d) A large river.
3. Who became the first English mayor of Manhattan?
(a) Thomas Willett.
(b) Benjamin Church.
(c) Francis Cook.
(d) John Leverett.
4. What governing document was drawn up before the Pilgrims went ashore?
(a) Magna Carta.
(b) Plymouth Colony agreement.
(c) Charter of Plymouth Colony.
(d) Mayflower Compact.
5. What did Edward Winslow do on May 12?
(a) Went on a trip with Squanto.
(b) Met with Massasoit.
(c) Got married.
(d) Cared for the sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of an Indian leader?
2. What was Massasoit's brother's name?
3. What was the name of the military leader of the Pilgrims?
4. Who sent a scathing letter with the ship that arrived in November, 1621?
5. What did some of the Wessagussett settlers trade for food?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)