|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7, Thanksgiving.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men signed the agreement before the Mayflower landed?
2. By spring 1621, how many of those who had originally arrive at Provincetown had died?
3. In 1676, what ship left the shores of New England?
(a) The Seaflower.
(b) Little James.
4. What did Edward Winslow do on May 12?
(a) Got married.
(b) Cared for the sick.
(c) Met with Massasoit.
(d) Went on a trip with Squanto.
5. What treacherous area of water did the Mayflower encounter after 1 p.m. as they approached the New World?
(a) A whirlpool.
(b) Back side breakers.
(c) Pollack Rip.
(d) Cape Cod shoals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the most powerful Native leader in the region live?
2. What governing document was drawn up before the Pilgrims went ashore?
3. Who was to be the governor of the new colony?
4. What was Massasoit's brother's name?
5. Who is the carpenter turned Indian fighter that the author will focus on in the book?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)