|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7, Thanksgiving.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1676, what ship left the shores of New England?
(b) The Seaflower.
(c) Little James.
2. How old was the most powerful Native leader in the region?
3. On the voyage, how many women were pregnant?
4. Where did the most powerful Native leader in the region live?
(a) On an island near the Pilgrims.
(b) About 20 miles southwest of Cape Cod.
(c) About 60 miles southwest of Provincetown Harbor.
(d) About 30 miles away.
5. What is the name of the war that occurred in 1675?
(a) King Philip's War.
(b) War of the English.
(c) French and Indian War.
(d) Wapanoags' War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event, according to the author, do most Americans associate with the birth of the United States?
2. How many sachems came on September 13 to sign a treaty professing their loyalty to King James?
3. How long can Indian corn be stored without spoiling?
4. What happened after more than fifty years of peace between the Pilgrims and the Native Americans?
5. What Italian explorer had come to Narragansett Bay as early as 1524?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)