|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4, Beaten with Their Own Rod.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the carpenter turned Indian fighter that the author will focus on in the book?
(a) William Brewster.
(b) Benjamin Church
(c) Edward Winslow.
(d) William Bradford.
2. What happened after more than fifty years of peace between the Pilgrims and the Native Americans?
(a) A permanent peace agreement.
(b) A trading post was established.
(c) Forts were built for protection.
(d) Deadly war.
3. Where was the ship's helmsman stationed?
(a) On the main deck.
(b) On the poop deck.
(c) In the pilot's room.
(d) In steerage.
4. When did the Pilgrims sail to the New World in search of religious freedom?
5. What governing document was drawn up before the Pilgrims went ashore?
(a) Plymouth Colony agreement.
(b) Mayflower Compact.
(c) Charter of Plymouth Colony.
(d) Magna Carta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of an ominous Pokanokets spirit of darkness?
2. What did the Pilgrims wish they could catch?
3. Who led the author to write about the Pilgrims?
4. When did the Mayflower arrive at Provincetown Harbor?
5. What treacherous area of water did the Mayflower encounter after 1 p.m. as they approached the New World?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)