|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4, Beaten with Their Own Rod.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 1600s, who tried to navigate the same treacherous waters that the Mayflower encountered?
(b) Samuel Champlain.
(c) La Salle.
2. Who was the Mayflower's governor?
(a) John Robinson.
(b) Christopher Martin.
(c) John Carver.
(d) William Bradford.
3. How many men did not sign the agreement before the Mayflower landed?
4. What treacherous area of water did the Mayflower encounter after 1 p.m. as they approached the New World?
(a) A whirlpool.
(b) Pollack Rip.
(c) Cape Cod shoals.
(d) Back side breakers.
5. In 1676, what ship left the shores of New England?
(c) Little James.
(d) The Seaflower.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Mayflower arrive at Provincetown Harbor?
2. Who was the most powerful Native leader in the region?
3. How close were the nearest English communities in America to the new colony at Plymouth?
4. Who led the author to write about the Pilgrims?
5. Why did the Pilgrims decide not to settle at Cold Harbor?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)