|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4, Beaten with Their Own Rod.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Pilgrims decide not to settle at Cold Harbor?
(a) There was not enough shelter.
(b) It was too cold.
(c) There was no source of fresh water.
(d) The harbor was too shallow.
2. What people were not affected by the disease in the area?
3. Who led the author to write about the Pilgrims?
(a) William Bradford.
(d) Benjamin Church.
4. In 1676, what ship left the shores of New England?
(b) Little James.
(c) The Seaflower.
5. What did Susanna and William White name their son?
Short Answer Questions
1. How close were the nearest English communities in America to the new colony at Plymouth?
2. What had the Pilgrims brought on the Mayflower to plant in the spring?
3. What Italian explorer had come to Narragansett Bay as early as 1524?
4. For how many days had the Mayflower blundered through storms and headwinds before reaching the New World?
5. How many men signed the agreement before the Mayflower landed?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)