|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4, Beaten with Their Own Rod.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1676, what ship left the shores of New England?
(c) Little James.
(d) The Seaflower.
2. Where did Bradford go to worship when he became uneasy with the way God was worshipped in Austerfield?
3. What did the Pilgrims wish they could catch?
4. What English explorer sailed from Maine in a small open boat?
(a) Henry Hudson.
(b) Thomas Dermer.
(c) John Cabot.
(d) Sir Frances Drake.
5. Where was the ship's helmsman stationed?
(a) On the main deck.
(b) In the pilot's room.
(c) In steerage.
(d) On the poop deck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the military leader of the Pilgrims?
2. For how many days had the Mayflower blundered through storms and headwinds before reaching the New World?
3. What group of investors did Thomas Weston represent?
4. Who is the carpenter turned Indian fighter that the author will focus on in the book?
5. What did the Pokanokets call their creator god?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)