|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 2, Dangerous Shoals and Roaring Breakers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 1600s, who tried to navigate the same treacherous waters that the Mayflower encountered?
(b) La Salle.
(c) Samuel Champlain.
2. Who did William Bradford marry?
(a) Susanna White.
(b) Elizabeth Brewster.
(c) Dorothy May.
(d) Delphina Smythe.
3. How many men did not sign the agreement before the Mayflower landed?
4. For how many days had the Mayflower blundered through storms and headwinds before reaching the New World?
(a) 65 days.
(b) 45 days.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 2 months.
5. How close were the nearest English communities in America to the new colony at Plymouth?
(a) More than 500 miles.
(b) About 1,000 miles.
(c) About 100 miles.
(d) Over 3,000 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who allowed war to happen?
2. What formal and binding agreement was signed before the passengers went ashore?
3. What Indian tribe did the Pilgrims befriend?
4. Where did the Pilgrims live most of their time in Holland?
5. How many men signed the agreement before the Mayflower landed?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)