|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4, Beaten with Their Own Rod.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men did not sign the agreement before the Mayflower landed?
2. What area did Jones likely follow as the Mayflower headed south?
(a) The breakers.
(b) The Edge.
(c) The shoals.
(d) The continental shelf.
3. What did the Pokanokets call their creator god?
4. When did the Mayflower arrive at Provincetown Harbor?
(a) December 1.
(b) November 11.
(c) October 30.
(d) November 2.
5. How close were the nearest English communities in America to the new colony at Plymouth?
(a) About 1,000 miles.
(b) Over 3,000 miles.
(c) More than 500 miles.
(d) About 100 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What governing document was drawn up before the Pilgrims went ashore?
2. Who was to be the governor of the new colony?
3. Where did the Pilgrims live most of their time in Holland?
4. What was a third name for the spirit that Massasoit's people associated with death, night, and the bitter northeast wind?
5. What Italian explorer had come to Narragansett Bay as early as 1524?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)