Preface: The Two Voyages
1. What event, according to the author, do most Americans associate with the birth of the United States?
(a) The Mayflower Compact.
(b) The Revolutionary War.
(c) The first Thanksgiving.
(d) Voyage of the Mayflower.
2. When did the Pilgrims sail to the New World in search of religious freedom?
3. What governing document was drawn up before the Pilgrims went ashore?
(a) Plymouth Colony agreement.
(b) Charter of Plymouth Colony.
(c) Magna Carta.
(d) Mayflower Compact.
4. What Indian tribe did the Pilgrims befriend?
5. Who was the leader of the tribe that the Pilgrims befriended?
6. What happened after more than fifty years of peace between the Pilgrims and the Native Americans?
(a) Deadly war.
(b) A trading post was established.
(c) Forts were built for protection.
(d) A permanent peace agreement.
7. In 1676, what ship left the shores of New England?
(a) The Seaflower.
(c) Little James.
8. What is the name of the war that occurred in 1675?
(a) War of the English.
(b) French and Indian War.
(c) King Philip's War.
(d) Wapanoags' War.
This section contains 3,498 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)